News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The-Real-Link's Arrangements - NEW ARRANGEMENT!! YAY!!!

Started by The-Real-Link, April 26, 2008, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Okay, you can put them up now. I just needed to add an octave in a couple of places.

Lildigipoke2

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

random_goldfish

*grabs tap shoes and dances*

Ahh...I love that song...and great job!
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

The-Real-Link

blah54

your victory fanfare is good... i've never played FF6, but is the bass really like that? it fits harmonically, but musically it just sounds a bit odd... also bars 3-10 and bars 11-18, again i haven't played FF6 so I don't know, but  it just seems odd that another layer to the theme would be added the second time through on a very short piece...

but if that was just added to make it more interesting to play, then that's completely fine, and a good idea at that...

good arrangement.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Gooch

great Fanfare arrangement! I'm starting to like yours much more than the one I made.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: blah54 on August 24, 2008, 04:26:25 PMyour victory fanfare is good... i've never played FF6, but is the bass really like that? it fits harmonically, but musically it just sounds a bit odd... also bars 3-10 and bars 11-18, again i haven't played FF6 so I don't know, but  it just seems odd that another layer to the theme would be added the second time through on a very short piece...

but if that was just added to make it more interesting to play, then that's completely fine, and a good idea at that...

good arrangement.
The bass is correct (with a few minor changes since it's on piano) Like you said it's odd, but sounds nice. The repeat with the second layer was to make it more interesting. The original has very large chords played by a brass section. I used the melody the first time through, and then added part of the chord the second time. Just to make it fit better on piano.

Nakah

Both of these arrangements are excellent. I can only accept the FF6 one because it's not really allowed to add an arrangement of another arrangement. Keep arranging, though.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Nakah on September 01, 2008, 06:01:58 AMBoth of these arrangements are excellent. I can only accept the FF6 one because it's not really allowed to add an arrangement of another arrangement. Keep arranging, though.
It's not an arrangement of another arrangement though. It's my own personal arrangement of the Overworld 2 Theme from Super Mario World.

Nakah

Which is my point. I talked to Nintendodude and he said that it's not really allowed. I can't accept an arrangement of the song's arrangement.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Nakah on September 02, 2008, 01:52:15 PMWhich is my point. I talked to Nintendodude and he said that it's not really allowed. I can't accept an arrangement of the song's arrangement.
So in other words, you're saying it has to be a straight trascription? My arrangement of "Only Me" was just that (An arrangement) It was not a straight transcription, and it was put on the site. I'm confused.

Nakah

Quote from: The-Real-Link on September 02, 2008, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: Nakah on September 02, 2008, 01:52:15 PMWhich is my point. I talked to Nintendodude and he said that it's not really allowed. I can't accept an arrangement of the song's arrangement.
So in other words, you're saying it has to be a straight trascription? My arrangement of "Only Me" was just that (An arrangement) It was not a straight transcription, and it was put on the site. I'm confused.

I would most definitely enjoy accepting it myself, I'll make sure I bring it back up to make sure.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Nakah on September 02, 2008, 02:35:18 PM
Quote from: The-Real-Link on September 02, 2008, 02:33:01 PM

I would most definitely enjoy accepting it myself, I'll make sure I bring it back up to make sure.
Thanks. I was just kind of confused because Concerto said he would put it on the site. And then Nin'dude says no, and I'm just confused :P :P :P :P

Nakah

Well, I was speaking with Nintendodude a moment ago and he said that "Only Me" should never have been accepted. Re-arrangements aren't allowed it would seem, so I don't know whether Concerto knew or not or perhaps thinks otherwise. So unless JaMaHa says otherwise(I would recommend PM'ing him about this matter), I can not accept it.

The-Real-Link

Well, I'll talk to JaMaHa later. I'm of the opinion that they should be accepted because this sight says if hosts Piano Arrangements not Piano Transcriptions. There's a big difference between the two. If Nin'dude is right and we shouldn't post Arrangements, then we would have to take down about half of our songs.