News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Random Goldfish's Compositions

Started by random_goldfish, April 26, 2008, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random_goldfish

Yeah, since I got Finale 2009, I pretty much tore this down until I rewrite my old stuff with awesomeness.

If anyone had to place a genre on me I guess it would be New Age-Orchestral-popish-Celtic-faerie-like.

"The Dragon Song-Rowan's Voice"
http://www.mediafire.com/?njztmv42cor

This is an original Irish flute piece as in me actually playing the Irish flute for everyone in the entire world to hear. It's old and cracked so it's really hard to play it in tune...but I think I did a decent job of maintaining good pitch.

Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

HugoMeister

Wow..that was really nice. Thats like what I hear in my head when I finish reading a sad book, or a character dies or something.

Any chance we could see the sheets? I might play this with my orchestra sometime.

I'd like to hear your others some time.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

random_goldfish

Well, I have no problem sharing the sheets...but it's going to require quite the cellist. It makes use of the instrument's entire tenor range.

I also wrote the solo for a violin which goes into about 7th position and I can play it with ease.

I'll have more stuff coming soon...I'm still gathering my files after a nasty computer crash but there will be more very soon.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

HugoMeister

It won't be a problem. How difficult is the viola part (if there is one)? I'm a violist, so I had to ask.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

random_goldfish

Besides being a violin player I'm a viola player too...so I can tell you that the part it quite simple...it's almost the same as second violin but sometimes taking a different harmony.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Hmm I really don't have time to listen to all of them...but I listened to the violet trees, I have to say its okay, but I really didn't like the timpani at the beginnin....HOLY CRAP A GIRAFFE!

random_goldfish

Aw...but it really pumps up that crescendo...and come on...not all of Finale's instrument sounds are winners...their timpini it right up there with their violin. (gag).

Concerto No.20 in D minor

lol, that is true I suppose.

random_goldfish

I just posted some new pieces that I really want commented on...so if anyone takes the time I thank you ahead of time.