News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Club Nintendo

Started by SlowPokemon, July 06, 2012, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Yeah, the Shimomura one was pretty awful, and it takes A LOT to put me off her pieces. I don't think she actually did that remix of her own piece which I find kinda weird, but anyway...

I did love Gerudo Valley, though. Probably my favourite out of the lot! ^^
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on October 19, 2014, 02:26:44 PMI don't think she actually did that remix of her own piece which I find kinda weird, but anyway...

This is going to come across as a useless post, but if you actually check the info in the soundtrack area in the Super Smash Bros. game, you'll see that Yoko Shimomura actually did create that "Try, Try Again" remix... so she must feel that the arrangement expressed the piece's ideas well.

Although we got about five or six arrangements of that theme within Dream Team itself so maybe she wanted to try something different with it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Well, I checked and it hasn't got her name there... Then again, I'm sure you know a lot more about this than I do, so I'll take your word.

Maybe she should've chosen a different piece, seeing as we've already had a few arrangements of that one. Still, there's no reason to complain; one's better than none.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

Quote from: fingerz on October 19, 2014, 02:33:20 PMWell, I checked and it hasn't got her name there...
QuotePublished on Sep 15, 2014
Music: Try, Try Again
Arrangement: Yoko Shimomura
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6zx2OU9Zo

SlowPokemon

And if you press X while viewing the track in game, it shows the arrangement information.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 19, 2014, 06:02:29 PMAnd if you press X while viewing the track in game, it shows the arrangement information.
Supervised by Yoko Shimomura.

SlowPokemon

Well yeah that means the person in charge of the arrangement. It was arranged by Midiplex, the company that she owns.

Yugi

Hey, guess what?

They removed the soundtracks and games from Australia's Club Nintendo for stuff like golf balls and ringtones

so mad right now

SlowPokemon

I ordered a nifty 3DS card case from Club Nintendo today. It has a few interchangeable covers with cute Pikmin and Super Mario designs.

KefkaticFanatic

Oh neat, I had been waiting for them to stock game card cases again.  Finally something actually worth using points on ~.~

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Yeahhhh they always go quickly so if anyone wants one go for it! They have two models in currently, the Pikmin/Super Mario one I got and a Legend of Zelda/Super Mario one as well.

Nebbles

I might get the LoZ/Mario one...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

ThatGamer

I ordered the Zelda game case! Was gonna get a T-shirt, but there were no mediums. ;-;
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

KefkaticFanatic

Item arrived as described 5/5

And more pics (with alternate slips and such) at
http://imgur.com/a/QgyI9

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Isn't Luigi's Mansion the greatest game ever