News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

[NES] Dragon Warrior - "Overworld"

Started by blueflower999, July 02, 2012, 03:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Completed and on site
I'm shocked that nobody has arranged this yet! And also, I noticed that we have a section on the side of the main site for Dragon Quest, when we only have... four songs? Why have an entire section dedicated to a series that only has four songs arranged so far? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. There are game series in the "More" category that have way more songs arranged, and yet don't have their own section. Could someone please explain?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 02, 2012, 03:43:27 PMThere are game series in the "More" category that have way more songs arranged, and yet don't have their own section. Could someone please explain?

Yeah, it's kinda stupid. I would suggest that if a game has 20-30+ songs on site or/and is a franchise with a lot of games (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon...) then it could get it's own section. If it's just a franchise with 1 game or 2, like Cave Story or Dark Cloud, then those could be placed in the "More" section.

blueflower999

Actually... after doing some research, I found that we actually DO have this theme on the site! It's actually in the "More" section under "Dragon Warrior." Shouldn't it be grouped in the Dragon Quest section with the other games?  :-\
Bulbear! Blueflower999

pumpy_heart

Yes, it should be.
I've made this argument before too and it seems to be that the most popular franchises will be featured on the side bar. Series with only 3-4 games in them have been mostly excluded. I was lucky and convinced mods/admins to have a Golden Sun section for a franchise that just added its 3rd game last year.

Shadoninja

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 16, 2012, 09:28:13 AMActually... after doing some research, I found that we actually DO have this theme on the site! It's actually in the "More" section under "Dragon Warrior." Shouldn't it be grouped in the Dragon Quest section with the other games?  :-\
Quote from: pumpy_heart on July 16, 2012, 10:02:21 AMYes, it should be.
I've made this argument before too and it seems to be that the most popular franchises will be featured on the side bar. Series with only 3-4 games in them have been mostly excluded. I was lucky and convinced mods/admins to have a Golden Sun section for a franchise that just added its 3rd game last year.

You two should bug Deku constantly until he moves it.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman