The Best Nintendo Game Series Poll?

Started by FSM-Reapr, July 01, 2012, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What series is the best Nintendo Series?

Mario
The Legend of Zelda
Pokémon
Metroid
Kirby
Pikmin
Donkey Kong
Game & Watch
Fire Emblem
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Paper Mario
Earthbound
Something else, leave a comment

Olimar12345

Quote from: fabbemannen on July 02, 2012, 06:46:36 AMSuper Mario RPG, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Strikers, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Tennis, Mario & Luigi, Luigi's Mansion, Peach-games etc.
Aren't all those all really different? Mario Tennis for the GB didn't even let you play as an Nintendo-character in the storymode
He's right, you know.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FSM-Reapr

I disagree. Paper Mario is its own series, not a spin-off. I think Mario & Luigi, Peach games and Luigi's Mansion(after Dark Moon is released) are also their own series.

zezhyrule

Metroid will prevail! And I don't even like Metroid all that much, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for anything else on the list D:
"Music is the space between the notes" – Claude Debussy

Zunawe

It's very difficult to say what a Mario game is. There have been numerous branches: Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis/other sports, Luigi's Mansion. etc. . .

I would say that any Mario game with similar game mechanics (platformer, real-time, power-ups from blocks, etc. . .) to the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES shall be considered a "Mario Game", and all others will either be spin-offs, or considered their own series. That should probably be true for all other games such as Mario Kart or Mario Party.

This is only to help organize this dispute. I'm not saying that Nintendo actually categorizes their games like this.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Mario game=SMB1-3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine, NSMB(DS), SMG1, NSMBW, SMG2, SM3DL

Olimar12345

I'm sorry, but if paper mario isn't a mario game, then what does that make Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, and Bowser's Inside Story? Are oralce of seasons/ages not zelda games because they're their own two corresponding games? Is kid Icarus: Uprising not a Kid Icarus game because it's not like the previous two, 2D sidescrollers? No. Paper Mario is a spin-off series of Mario games. Remember, mario games aren't chronological, nor do they really interact with one another. (aside from a few sequels)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FSM-Reapr

I suck in defending my opinion. :P The reason why I added Paper Mario, is that I don't like other Mario games so much, but I LOVE Paper Mario. What's the word for that? Hmmm....

Zunawe

@Olimar That's not what I meant. I meant that the classification of "Mario games" in this thread could be organized by what I said. According to the organization suggestion I mentioned, those three games would be considered something like Mario and Luigi games. I was trying to make the Paper Mario thing work.

I didn't mean for all games in existence, I meant the other Mario-based games. The other series might have to be decided differently.

Paper Mario is a Mario game. I agree with that completely. However, I think that the style could be considered different enough to have its own section in this poll.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Zunawe, you're awesome. I couldn't said that better.

blueflower999

...and now Pikmin is tied with Pokemon?! XD Who else voted for it besides me and Olimar? I'm curious.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Quote from: Zunawe on July 02, 2012, 02:05:08 PM@Olimar That's not what I meant. I meant that the classification of "Mario games" in this thread could be organized by what I said. According to the organization suggestion I mentioned, those three games would be considered something like Mario and Luigi games. I was trying to make the Paper Mario thing work.

I didn't mean for all games in existence, I meant the other Mario-based games. The other series might have to be decided differently.

Paper Mario is a Mario game. I agree with that completely. However, I think that the style could be considered different enough to have its own section in this poll.

You still have a problem, FSM-Reapr. Your opinion. The fact of the matter is, Paper Mario is a Mario game, and should be only one poll option(same thing with pokemon/pmd). I'm not saying pmd and paper mario are bad games, just that they shouldn't be separated because you like one of them more than another. If I were to say "Well why isn't Donkey Kong Country on there? It's its own series, right?", wouldn't you tell me "There's already a section for Donkey Kong, vote for that."?

FSM-Reapr

Paper Mario is a Mario game, I know. But it still is its own series.
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 02, 2012, 01:12:28 PMMario game=SMB1-3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine, NSMB(DS), SMG1, NSMBW, SMG2, SM3DL

It just doesn't belong with these games.

Zunawe

Taking all opinion out of this. "Mario game" is a huge term. We can either split all these huge series up based on their general mechanics, or we can say that everything that uses the same characters for a game, or is part of the same franchise will go under one term. That would put Paper Mario into the Mario category, and it would make everything easier to understand. (Except for Mario vs. Donkey Kong :))

If you were to go based on what you're saying, FSM, then the poll is gonna get huge, and this thread should really be "Post Your Favorite Series". For the sake of keeping this a poll, I would say that Mario should be an umbrella term, as should all the other franchises.

I program things

Olimar12345

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 02, 2012, 03:47:14 PMPaper Mario is a Mario game, I know. But it still is its own series.
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 02, 2012, 01:12:28 PMMario game=SMB1-3, SMW, SM64, Sunshine, NSMB(DS), SMG1, NSMBW, SMG2, SM3DL
It just doesn't belong with these games.
Okay then, neither does Dr. Mario, Dr. Mario & Puzzle League, Dr. Mario 64, Dr. Mario Express, Golf, Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Mario & Wario, Mario Clash, Mario Golf, Mario Golf GB, Mario Golf: Advance Tour, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Mario is Missing!, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Paint, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6, Mario Party 7, Mario Party 8, Mario Party 9, Mario Party Advance, Mario Party DS, Mario Pinball Land, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Tennis, Mario Tennis Open, Mario Tennis: Power Tour, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem, Mario's Cement Factory, Mario's Tennis, Mario's Time Machine, NES Open Tournament Golf, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Mario Strikers, Super Princess Peach, Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tennis, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.

Jub3r7

Olimar, you could always make your own poll with all of those listed if you'd like.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]