News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

FireArrow's Arrangements: (NEW: Big Christmas Update :D)

Started by FireArrow, June 27, 2012, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

I don't think even he would like this, though.
You are leaving measure#2 very hard to read, and #16-#19 are really weird looking with those sixteenth, not to mention that I am right about the staccato'ing. The Wikipedia definition refers to it as shortening the duration of a note, which on top of that is most logical, but whatever. Olimar's the boss...

Still:
QuoteAt measures #16 to #19 - right hand:
Do you remember what I said at point #1 above, on how the beats work in 12/8?
At these measures you can't have a half rest followed by a quarter rest to make up half a measure - it's agains the 12/8 beats.
You'll have to change that to a dotted half rest.

And:
QuoteAfter you changed the arrangement, I noticed you did something weird:
From measures #20 through #23 there is this sixteenth note followed by a sixteenth rest in each measure.
But why not just have those as eights?
Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Ok, fixed.

Regarding the staccatos, I'll just see what Olimar says when I try to submit this.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

FireArrow

Quote from: Yugi on July 28, 2013, 01:19:37 AMJompa: Making threads heaps longer since 2012.

In a good way.  ;)

Update:

-Jema's Realization: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

Special thanks to Echo for splitting the mp3 and helping me with the timing/looping.

FierceDeity

I agree with Jompa on the staccatos. When literally translated, staccato does mean "detached", so, separated, but it's come to be recognized as generally halving the value of a note. There's enough ambiguity, though, to the point where it can really be used as the composer prefers. That aside, great job with Thwomp Desert :D I'm not really familiar with the other pieces on here (except for Bein Friends, solely from super smash bros :P), but they all seem pretty good, so kudos!

FireArrow

I can't really debate this, because I'm not sure myself. Next time Olimar does live feedback, I'll ask him and tell you guys what he says.

Sebastian

If you can't decide what to do on your to do list, I recommend you do In the Darkness from Super Paper Mario. :) I have been wanting that one for a while :)

FireArrow

Yeah, I'm so sorry about that. It's above my skill level to arrange the non melodic parts of the song, but I'll see if I can finish the main part of the song (I got stumped when it modulated... >_>)

Sebastian

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 26, 2013, 06:38:13 AMOh... Ok  :D
You don't have to arrange it if you don't want to :)

I have a lot of things on my to-do list, but I'll see what I can do. If all else fails, I'll give you what I do have.

And.... Update!

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Valentina (Margarie Margarita) [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

I got really annoyed with the latter half of the song and started doing logical guesses rather than actually trying to figure it out (I even combined voices in some areas. >_>)

DonValentino

Not bad! Just some things:

1. The key signature is 2/4, yeah, but I'd say it's quarter=130 and eights instead of 16ths. That way looks way cleaner. :)
2. On measure 26 the Ebs are Ds sharp and the Gb is F sharp (already in the key signature, E minor).

And ignore the key changes I added in mine (in case you compare it), its fine the way you have it. :D

Nice job!

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on October 20, 2013, 11:34:58 AMI have a lot of things on my to-do list, but I'll see what I can do. If all else fails, I'll give you what I do have.

And.... Update!

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Valentina (Margarie Margarita) [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

I got really annoyed with the latter half of the song and started doing logical guesses rather than actually trying to figure it out (I even combined voices in some areas. >_>)
ok :)

FireArrow

Quote from: DonValentino on October 20, 2013, 12:29:25 PMNot bad! Just some things:

1. The key signature is 2/4, yeah, but I'd say it's quarter=130 and eights instead of 16ths. That way looks way cleaner. :)
2. On measure 26 the Ebs are Ds sharp and the Gb is F sharp (already in the key signature, E minor).

And ignore the key changes I added in mine (in case you compare it), its fine the way you have it. :D

Nice job!

I wasn't even aware that you arranged this. Well, yours is more accurate and it doesn't feel right to just copy paste your second layer into mine. >_>

Anyways, as for the specific things you said, I disagree. This song is in the style of bach's contrapuntal stuff, which is almost always written with sixteenth notes at a slower tempo. As for the accidentals, I also disagree, it's a modulation to C minor (I'll have to think about it though, considering  that measure is modulating back to E minor.)

DonValentino

FireArrow

Yay, Christmas (shh.)

Dragon Warrior - Castle Theme: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

Wizards and Warriors - Title Theme: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

Romancing Saga - Battle 1: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

Final Fantasy Adventure - Final Battle (Not playable): [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]
-Theme of Another Dimension: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

^I was too lazy to bother and make it playable, anyone up for it?  :P

Kirby Squeak Squad - Final Battle: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

^Sounds like crap.

Pokemon X/Y - Defenders of Kalos: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

Skullgirls - Fugue in 3 Goddesses: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI] [YouTube][/url]

Arrangements I'm giving up on:

In the Darkness (requested by MLF): [Mus]
K.K. Disco (Requested by Nebbles): [MUS]

If someone wants to finish these, that'd be great! And Don, I'm just not gonna bother messing with Valentina: your arrangement is far superior, so just focus on getting that one on site. :))