News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Music

Started by SlowPokemon, June 21, 2012, 06:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

The new games will be upon Japan this Saturday. As a talking point, here is new music, confirmed to be official:

Sound familiar? Yeah, that's the Hoenn battle music. Probably a World Champions theme, I'm guessing. But still, what does this mean? Go on and speculate, guys. :)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 21, 2012, 06:03:42 PMProbably a World Champions theme, I'm guessing. But still, what does this mean? Go on and speculate, guys. :)

I have two explanations, one is reasonable and the other one is almost impossible. Here we go:

1. Yes, no doubt, it will be a World Championship theme for Roxanne and other Hoenn leaders that will participate.

2. You can travel to Hoenn!!  :o Much like you could travel to Kanto in Gold/Silver. (This one is the almost impossible explanation, obviously!)

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Title Theme, several battle themes (which are revamped versions of the originals):

Love the title, the Gym Battle. And even the other battle themes sound cool, just too familiar. Didn't care for N's theme, but then, I didn't in the original either.

Several more battle themes:

Holy shit, that Plasma one is grating but also sounds awesome. The Ghetsis one is pretty techno compared to the elegant timpani/chorus of the original. It sounds more exciting, less dangerous. The Champion, while largely unchanged, is still a great song.

Next, here are the remixes of Gym Leaders from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, as well as Unova:

Hell yes. Just listening to the first one brings back memories. The second one is definitely something different from the original. The pizzicato strings at the beginning of the third are such an interesting touch, and I love that song. The Sinnoh one feels too upbeat in my opinion. And the slight remix of the Unova is actually an improvement in my opinion.

Finally, Elite Four Champion remixes:

First, Blue's theme. Excellent remix, it works well as a techno song. Next, Lance's theme. This is a great remix considering the amazingness of the song, I like what they did with it. But probably prefer the HGSS. Steven's theme works way better as a techno remix. Cynthia, then Unova again are both decent.

In my review of BW soundtrack, I said the music feels very electronic even for a video game. From what I've seen of B2W2, it is even more so. Also I'm changing the name of this thread to suit the posts currently.

fingerz

Awwww... SWEET!! I'm literally dying to own this game! I hope the localisation doesn't take awfully long! :D

EDIT: Why don't the links to some videos work? :(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Nebbles

Have you heard the gym themes? They're awesome.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jub3r7

You can battle with the BW2 mechanics on Pokemon Online now, including with the new forms of the genie trio.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]