News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Old Game Music Books

Started by gamerbach, June 17, 2012, 01:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamerbach

So, I was wondering what you guys all thought of this. 

I have a website of my own, and I'm looking to gather a following, I have a little E-mail newsletter thing, and so, I'm hoping to attract more people to my site, I like to play a lot of different video game music, and it's not that difficult.  Now of course, I'm not gonna spam you or anything, so here's the idea of how to be helpful, and in turn, hopefully, I get a nice affiliate link on your site   :-D

Here's some of the books I have

All the FF Piano Collections
FF OST Books IV-XII (complete)
Pocket Monsters OST
DKC 3 OST
Super Mario Sunshine OST
Chrono Trigger OST
Chrono Trigger Piano Collections
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Kingdom Hearts: Piano Collections
Super Mario Best (the one you can buy in the US, but I have the Japanese one)
Compilations

and in ANIME: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Full Metal Alchemist

I do have a few more, but that's all the ones I can name off the top of my head
Now, what I can do, to contribute, is scan these pages into my computer, and post them on the web, some of which I will put on my own site.  Now, the ones that are permanently out of print, pocket monsters, DKC 3, Majora's Mask, I see no crime in putting those up, but the FF Piano Collections, you can still purchase somewhere out there.  Unless of course, we hid them somewhere deep in the reccesses of the Internet, but I wouldn't be responsibility for that, I'd just find the links to purchase them.

Tell me what you guys think?  Should I scan the permanently out of print books, and post them, here, and on my website?  Or is that too shady?
I like to play video game sheet music, and make it myself.  You should visit my website, check out my game music videos

PS: Did I mention I have a newsletter?

Cobraroll

Sorry to say, but it would be against our rules. We do not copy other people's arrangements. Sheets have been taken down in the past because they were note-for-note copies of sheets from official music books. All sheets submitted to NSM have to be arranged by the person submitting them.

Hope you stick around anyway! We have threads in the forum for game music performances, and you're free to post videos/sound clips of yourself playing using whichever sheets you feel like.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

gamerbach

Fair enough, I would think it's fair if they are permanently out of print, but I know I don't want to violate any copyright laws, and I'm not about to start :-)
I like to play video game sheet music, and make it myself.  You should visit my website, check out my game music videos

PS: Did I mention I have a newsletter?

SlowPokemon

If you would upload the pocket monsters that would be amazing (and it's out of print so...) are you going to upload it to your site?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Holy fuck, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke? Where can I get these?!?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Out of print does not mean out of copyright, those are two totally different things.

Just because they stop printing something doesn't mean they don't have the rights to do with it as they please. Take at look at IMSLP and what they went through a few years ago.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.