News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG XXXIV: Minecraft

Started by the_last_sheikah, June 15, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

jake3343

Ok, I think it's time for me to explain a lot of things.

First off, I did not get two psychic claims. That was a lie made up by Mashi and me just to see people's reactions and spark conversation. It didn't really work too well.

I have received claims from everyone except davy. He lives in a different timezone than most of us so it is unlikely that he'll get on before day ends. Oh well.

Thankfully, I have not received any counter claims for any blue roles or any items. This could change when davy claims, but it likely won't. Because of this, we will have to lynch one of the people that claimed normal human. Sorry, but it likely that the wolves are hiding in these claims.

I narrowed it down as best I can, and I think the best choice for lynching tonight is blueflower999. I'm not entirely sure if he's a wolf, but at this point in time, I think he is the most likely.

Everyone switch their votes to blueflower please.

blueflower999

Wait, hold on. I fail to see the logic hear. "He claimed human, so that means he's a prime candidate for a wolf." ...What?
And also, I know you're the Seer and a confirmed human and all, but does that really mean that you can TELL everyone who to vote for? Sure, you can suggest people, which is fine, but ordering people to vote for me kinda sounds unfairly bossy.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

jake3343

22:13jake   "stop using process of elimination and being the alliance leader"
22:13jake   blueflower's argument summarized

Mashi

blueflower999

Jake believes that you're suspicious because you bandwagoned on me and didn't change your vote afterwards, furthermore adding that you didn't seem to be trying to find Wolves.

Furthermore, although I agree that I don't necessary enjoy the 'obey the leader' mentality, I deem it necessary at points to do so in TWG in order to create harmony.  If jake simply suggested to lynch someone, few people would listen.  If Humans don't all cooperate, something like the KitBs of last game would occur again.  In addition, simply because jake wants to lynch you doesn't mean that you're dead already.  He's given you a full day to defend yourself, which is an adequate amount of time.

Anyway, everyone, have a few votes on blueflower999, but be sure not to Insta him in case something comes up by tomorrow.

blueflower999

OK, so I wanted to add a few things to the above post. It was kind of made in haste. This is what I meant to say:

Yes, there ARE times when you should tell everyone to vote for someone else, in my opinion. A long time ago, one player actually TOLD ME that he was the wolf. (No joke.) Obviously, I told everyone to vote for him, and he was lynched. And he wasn't joking. That's a good situation to tell everyone to vote for someone else. However, in this case, I don't feel like you have adequate evidence against me to vote against me in any form except for a safety, much less command everyone else to do the same! Yes, I did bandwagon on the vote to Mashi, but I've behaved similarly in past games when the first day phase comes and I don't have anything concrete to stand on yet! It seems that every TWG game that I play when I'm human (which I've been every time but once so far), there's always something that I do that makes people suspect me, and I've done it in several games before when I was perfectly human! Besides, Zunawe, K-Night, and Shadowkirby also voted for Mashi. Not to shift the accusations onto any of them, but what puts me any more suspicious than them? If it was because of my inactivity in the chat, I apologize.

Remember, you were the one who said that, essentially, the humans have to lynch 4 wolves in 5 phases, right? More people have claimed human than 5! How are you expecting to win the game by lynching people only because they claim human? It doesn't seem to be making sense to me.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

All the blues have been claimed by only a single person. Why would somebody let a wolf take their role? That means that all wolves are faking humans, so it's the only group to lynch. It's not because we're human, but because it's where the wolves are.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Kman96

Oh look. a forum. Hmmmmm....

judging by what I would do as a wolf, jake seems the most likely candidate. and about that seer claim, idk...but Jake's attempt to pull everyone's strings...
Quote from: jake3343 on June 17, 2012, 07:06:42 PMEveryone switch their votes to blueflower please.
just seems pretty wolfish to me. and I'm a great wolf. (remember, that when I'm human, I DON'T lie, unless I am misinformed)
Party Hard!
[close]

Jub3r7

NON-TWC POST!

Just a reminder that posts in The Werewolf Game shouldn't be deleted or edited, as stated in the rules!!!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MaestroUGC

Considering nobody else counter-claimed seer, and nobody died, I see reason to believe that he's the real seer.

As such I think it'd be prudent to follow his judgement. Personally I didn't find Blue all that suspicious originally, but his bandwagoning and attempts to get the target off of him by putting it on others, is pretty wolfish.

blueflower999, let the dogs feed themselves.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 17, 2012, 07:39:53 PMattempts to get the target off of him by putting it on others, is pretty wolfish.
Quote from: blueflower999 on June 17, 2012, 07:23:01 PMBesides, Zunawe, K-Night, and Shadowkirby also voted for Mashi. Not to shift the accusations onto any of them, but what puts me any more suspicious than them? If it was because of my inactivity in the chat, I apologize.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Ok, your point?

Just because you're saying something contrary, doesn't mean you're not doing it.

Regardless of whether or not you're trying to, you're still pointing the finger ot those three in an attempt to save yourself.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 17, 2012, 07:46:10 PMOk, your point?

Just because you're saying something contrary, doesn't mean you're not doing it.

Regardless of whether or not you're trying to, you're still pointing the finger ot those three in an attempt to save yourself.
Well, I can't really argue against that. What I INTENDED to do was to find out what set me apart from them. What made me different from the other 3 that did the same thing. Apparently that difference was removing my vote from Mashi. Which I can understand the reasoning of.

In other words, I'm understanding why you guys are accusing me. Which is good. I hate being lynched when I don't even know why I'm being suspected. But what's still annoying me is when I'm lynched for something I've done in past games and have been shown to be a human, just like I am here. You can look back on previous games if you want, and I'm pretty sure that in most day 1 phases I don't have any decent, solid votes unless in the rare occurance that someone did something stupid or I was the Seer. This is practically the same way.

Mashi was Seered red. His defense for that was, "If I were a wolf, I would have painted myself green." That seems to scream "set-up" to me, as if he purposefully didn't paint himself green so he could argue that. And I know that Mashi would do something like that because he's a very clever player and an even better arguer. I think he has you all convinced that he's human with that defense. It just hasn't convinced me yet. That's all. Again, it's not the strongest suspicion I've ever had, but it's enough so that I'm leaving my vote on him for now.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

jake3343

Oh my goodness, what is all of this madness.

First off, blueflower. Your defense is not very strong. Even if you're human it's quite weak. First off, lynching from the pool of normal human claims is the only way we will find a wolf. There is one guardian claim. There is one psychic claim. There is one Steve claim. There is one claim for having the tnt and one claim for having the diamond armor. Naturally, it is safe to assume that these people are all telling the truth because no one has contradicted their story (the only way this could happen is if davy claims blue, only time will tell). I have seven normal human claims. Once davy claims, that number will likely by eight. There are only five normal humans in the game. It's pretty obvious that the wolves have all claimed normal human. Therefore, I tried to sift through all of the claims and select the person who I think is most likely to be a wolf. That person is you. I'm not sure that you're a wolf, I wouldn't even say that I'm confident, but based on what I have seen out of you and the other human claims, I think that you are the most likely.

Kman, I don't even know what to say to you, so I guess I'm just not going to say anything.

Back to blueflower:
Quote from: blueflower999 on June 17, 2012, 07:23:01 PMYes, I did bandwagon on the vote to Mashi, but I've behaved similarly in past games when the first day phase comes and I don't have anything concrete to stand on yet! It seems that every TWG game that I play when I'm human (which I've been every time but once so far), there's always something that I do that makes people suspect me, and I've done it in several games before when I was perfectly human!
I don't really know of any of your past performances, so sorry if I am a little ignorant of your playing style. I'll try to read a few of the games that you were in, but this isn't a strong enough defense for me to change my mind at the moment.

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 17, 2012, 07:23:01 PMRemember, you were the one who said that, essentially, the humans have to lynch 4 wolves in 5 phases, right? More people have claimed human than 5! How are you expecting to win the game by lynching people only because they claim human? It doesn't seem to be making sense to me.
In a perfect world, we would have 5 days to lynching someone and 5 candidates for lynching; however, that would also be quite a boring world. Of course we might lose; there's no way to play this game without there being a way for us to lose. I'm trying to pick the best method of killing all of the wolves, and that involves lynching you because I think that with all the current evidence, you are most likely to be a wolf.

Zunawe: Did you even read the rules? Rule 3 says that you cannot edit or delete your posts. You did both of those. Sorry, but I think you're going to receive two phantoms.

jake3343

Also, don't insta blueflower please. We still have another day to discuss.