News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG XXXIV: Minecraft

Started by the_last_sheikah, June 15, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

TWG XXXIV: Minecraft

Welcome to Minecraft, a world full of limitless possibilities!  You can fight enimies, build a city, or just go on an adventure.  Who am I you ask?  I am the universe, I am everything you think isn't you.  And today, I shall tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there was a player.
A player who's dreams created the wold around him.
And that player, is you.

Wolves:
Herobrine: Wolf Painter
Creeper: Wolf, just a normal wolf.
Zombie: Infective wolf, may turn any player into a wolf upon lynching, that player is now on the wolf team and seered red.

Humans:
Steve: Immune to griefing
Iron Golem: Guardian
Librarian: Seer
Priest: Psychic
Farmer: Human
Butcher: Miller
Blacksmith: Miller

Items: (Items will be randomly distributed on the first night after the role PMs are sent)
Diamond armor: guards you from 1 wolfing or 1 griefing
TNT block: grief 1 player
Red Rose: guards you from 1 wolfing

1.MaestroUGC
2.K-NiGhT
3.Kman96
4.shadowkirby
5.Dude
6.davy
7.Spyro
8.gzgregory
9.blueflower999
10.Mashi
11.Zunawe
12.jake3343

Notes:
-Humans and Millers will both receive this role PM:
QuoteYou are a regular villager, but are you a Farmer, the Butcher, or the Blacksmith?  Who knows?
-All items are one use only.
-Zombie must send a PM of who to infect while they are still alive, they may send as many PMs as they wish, but only the most recent before death will be used.

Night 1 ends Saturday, June 16, 2012, at 11AM EST/10PM CST/9PM MST/8PM PST/7PM AST

Run Minecraft
Login
Create New World
Generating Level
Saving Chunks
Simulating world for a bit
*CRUNCH*  "OW! OW! OW! Why the heck did I spawn 4 blocks off the ground!?" said Steve as he entered this new world.  He spun around to see he spawned near the edge of a forest biome, the perfect place to start an adventure.  He walked up to a tree and began punching it.
   "Who's there?  Who said that?"  Steve yelled at the mysterious voice narrating everything he did.  "Stop that!"
Steve quickly gathered the wood and built a tiny shelter to hide from the voice, but to no avail.
   "Who are you and why are you saying everything that happens?" a terrified Steve shouted from his small shack.
"I'm not s-scared!  Just tell me who you are!"
I am the universe, I am everything you think isn't you.  I narrate because I am telling a story, your story.
   "Ok then, universe, what happens in my story?" Steve asked, even though he knew the universe would not tell him.
"Alright, now this narrating thing is just getting annoying."
Steve dug out from his shelter, and journeyed out of the forest to find a small NPC village.
   "Uh, I'm still inside, but thanks for the tip."
   Your welcome.
Deciding that the universe was definitively creepy, Steve followed its advice anyway and left the forest.
   "You do know you just insulted yourself there, right?  Oh well, not my fault." said Steve smugly.
He walked in silence for a while before arriving at an NPC village.
   "Good day," said a testificate enthusiastically "you must be an adventurer.  We love meeting travelers, you may stay here as long as you like."
   "Thanks, say, did you here that voice just now?" Steve asked, hoping he wasn't just going mad.
   "A voice?  Are you alright in the head son?  Maybe you should get some rest.  It's almost night time anyway, and you don't want to be around when monsters come out"
Nervous at the though of dangerous mobs and not having any weapons, Steve accepted the NPC's offer and found a house with an extra bed and went to sleep, still wondering why he was the only one who hear the universe's story.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

davy

question,

can we send items to other players?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mashi

I am the Please.  Claim to me!

the_last_sheikah

Roles have sent out!

Quote from: davy on June 15, 2012, 08:59:12 AMcan we send items to other players?
Yes, if a player wishes to give another player their item, they must send me a PM of who they want to give the item to.  The item cannot be used until the next phase though.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

jake3343

NO ONE CLAIM YET. Even though there is a guardian, there can't be any alliance leader until we are sure we have killed the zombie, which may be never. When/if we know the zombie is dead, one of the blues can claim.

Mashi

jake3343

EFitTrainr

Quote from: jake3343 on June 15, 2012, 09:45:20 AMvigi-ing, I presume.
Based on the original game he posted, griefing and viging ARE the same.
I like food.

the_last_sheikah

He presumes correct.  I felt the name change would help the game feel more minecrafty.

blueflower999

Because of the Diamond Armor, I don't think it's possible to get a 100% confirmed human, actually. If anyone remembers back to a previous TWG, there was a similar item and a wolf got it. The wolves used it on a wolf partner and wolfed him, "confirming" him as human, and everyone believed him. So let's be extra careful this time.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Spyro

I'm here. Can't wait to start!

MaestroUGC

Oh, we've started. I must say, I wasn't expecting this game to start after a while.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 15, 2012, 11:17:31 AMBecause of the Diamond Armor, I don't think it's possible to get a 100% confirmed human, actually. If anyone remembers back to a previous TWG, there was a similar item and a wolf got it. The wolves used it on a wolf partner and wolfed him, "confirming" him as human, and everyone believed him. So let's be extra careful this time.

Hah! That was bird!! Where is bird? He was such a good player!
Party Hard!
[close]

Zunawe

Posting so that I don't have to navigate to this page every time.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

jake3343

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 15, 2012, 11:17:31 AMBecause of the Diamond Armor, I don't think it's possible to get a 100% confirmed human, actually. If anyone remembers back to a previous TWG, there was a similar item and a wolf got it. The wolves used it on a wolf partner and wolfed him, "confirming" him as human, and everyone believed him. So let's be extra careful this time.

The only real way to have a "confirmed" player in this game would be to have someone claim a role and have no one else counter claim it, but even that begins to stop working later in the game because a wolf would claim a blue role if he knows that the real person is dead.

We'll have to be extra careful with our lynchings considering that there are essentially four wolves (including the person who will become infected).