News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bespinben on October 15, 2012, 02:02:14 PMI'd nominate Shado and Olimar. Dahans isn't around quite enough. Of course, Shado is already swamped with being Request janitor so...

Shado doesn't want to be a mod, unfortunately. I've asked him before.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 15, 2012, 01:59:57 PMWould you be interested in becoming a mod Slow, and do you think you have enough theory knowledge to do the job well?

Also, I don't wanna completely shut out Shadowkirby since he expressed interest.  Shadowkirby, do you have enough knowledge to critique people's sheets?

Yes, I'd be very interested, but I'm not sure I could handle the power and I'd be better at critiquing than actually updating.

And believe me, I don't want to sound rude in the slightest, but I just don't think Shadowkirby is experienced enough. That's my personal opinion, and I swear it's not to be spiteful or mean.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

EFitTrainr

I'm actually proficient at piano. I could check for playability of a sheet, just not accurateness. And I have free time. Lots of it. Others could critique the sheets, while all I would do would be uploading them. I talked to Winter back when he was an active member, and he said that updating was a very time consuming process.
I like food.

Olimar12345

Though I do not know how to upload sheets onto the site, I have enough free time and am willing to learn how. On the other hand, not to sound like a pompous jerk, I do have a good understanding of music theory and how the piano works. With this said, I would be very capable and willing to do future updates to the site. However, in my opinion, this process is a two-man job. Even if its just one person checking over the other's work, the two people would help insure that only quality sheets are getting submitted.

So: Shadoninja, Slow, Shadowkirby. Anyone else?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

K-NiGhT.

I may have no free time, not enough experience, or advanced music theory, but I'm awesome so it's okay.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

JDMEK5

I would but K-NiGhT jumped first.

My sheets at the beginning were horrifying, but I know how it's done now.
I suppose even if I were to become a mod (which would be absolutely epic), I should probably have the full version of Finale.

My credentials:

Some free time.
No experience at updating sites, but, like Olimar, I'm willing to learn.
97% in my Advanced Rudiments exam.
*Don't currently have Finale 2012.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bubbles

I know Im new and VERY unexperienced, bt I'd be glad to help with the regular updating of the site if no one else volunteers. I cant really help with the sheet correcting, but whatever song that need to be added I could do.

Nebbles

Yeah, if possible, I could learn how to update! I have free time!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Again, unless shadoninja changed his mind suddenly, I'm fairly sure you could take him off the list :/ he seemed pretty sure.

spitllama

Oh god everyone's nominating themselves.

I see a problem with this trend.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 15, 2012, 08:42:48 PMI know Im new and VERY unexperienced, bt I'd be glad to help with the regular updating of the site if no one else volunteers. I cant really help with the sheet correcting, but whatever song that need to be added I could do.
Quote from: Nebbles on October 15, 2012, 08:44:37 PMYeah, if possible, I could learn how to update! I have free time!

So you guys are saying let Olimar or Slow check the sheets, then their work is done.  Nebbles and Bubbles (lol) take over updating.

That might work.  If we do that, I'll throw in my name for uploading sheets, but not critiquing them.  As long as Deku shows us the ropes, we should be fine.

Quote from: spitllama on October 16, 2012, 05:16:38 AMOh god everyone's nominating themselves.

I see a problem with this trend.

XD we're just throwing out potential helpers.  Nebbles, Bubbles, JDMEK5 & I could form an "update team."

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it.  Division of labor.

Olimar12345

Quote from: K-NiGhT on October 15, 2012, 08:03:24 PMI may have no free time, not enough experience, or advanced music theory, but I'm awesome so it's okay.
No, because you have no free time, not enough experience, or advanced music theory.

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 15, 2012, 08:42:48 PMI know Im new and VERY unexperienced, bt I'd be glad to help with the regular updating of the site if no one else volunteers. I cant really help with the sheet correcting, but whatever song that need to be added I could do.
Unfortunately we need ppl who can check sheets.

Quote from: Nebbles on October 15, 2012, 08:44:37 PMYeah, if possible, I could learn how to update! I have free time!

Sorry, but again, I'm not sure that you have the theory knowlage for this position.

I think that JDMEK might be a good potential candidate though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Well, I have taken advanced theory through my private violin lessons over the past 11 years, but my problem would be finding time.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

JDMEK5

Getting finale has been high on my priority list for some time now.

And Driver's Ed is winding down, which has been a huge pain in my schedule for the past few weeks.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

spitllama

K-Night if I can't trust you to arrange how can I trust you to update :(
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Precisely. You don't need to be involved in EVERYTHING you know. -_o