Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

WE MUST REVOLT
ALL OF US

But srsly.
Maybe there could be some sort of honour system in place, where an account on the forum is linked to an account on the main site. Once a member has had 10 sheets approved by other members, they gain access to updating the site?

I don't know, just something to think about.
I like food.

spitllama

HAHAHAHA ^^^

No.

I was actually thinking about this whole thing earlier today. We have so many inactive updaters, like ZeldaPianist brought up:

Nintendude73
DekuTrombonist
winterkid09
Nakah
Concerto
HugoMeister

Kefka and JaMaHa don't count because Kefka is our active moderator, and JaMaHa (while extremely inactive) is pretty much our deity and understands the site better than anyone else ever will.

For the others, though, it raises the question: Why are they still mods?
If they are inactive and can no longer devote time to the site, that's fine, but they shouldn't have a position on the site which says otherwise. I remember seeing a thread a couple years ago which suggested adding more mods. The idea was shot down because adding more doesn't typically fix a problem.

So here's my solution: take away mod status from these users and give them to others who are available and capable. Either we'll be surprised by how fast some people come running back to save their position, or they won't care and nothing's lost. For the community, though, the result is the same-- more progress as a site. I would rather have 2 active updaters than 6 who we never see.

I really don't want NSM to lose its title of most VG sheets to Ichigos, VGM music, etc. This is a fixable issue. Let's fix it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

Nebbles

If I knew a thing about updating I would absolutely help
but alas I don't
darn
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

Quote from: Nebbles on October 14, 2012, 05:54:04 PMIf I knew a thing about updating I would absolutely help
but alas I don't
darn
Same here. I could probably easily learn how to update, but checking sheets for errors is a whole other thing

Nebbles

Yeah, same. :C I wish I could do all that stuff.

blueflower999

I concur with Spit's suggestion. Obviously Olimar would be a prime candidate for an updater. I could think of a few more people, but I would rather spare myself sounding like an idiot and suggestion someone who would never want to fill a position like this, so who else do you guys think could fill the role?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 14, 2012, 06:27:44 PMI concur with Spit's suggestion. Obviously Olimar would be a prime candidate for an updater. I could think of a few more people, but I would rather spare myself sounding like an idiot and suggestion someone who would never want to fill a position like this, so who else do you guys think could fill the role?
Look back @ pgs 6 & 7. XD

blueflower999

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 14, 2012, 07:00:42 PMLook back @ pgs 6 & 7. XD
Both Bespinben and Pumpyheart are leaving/gone from NSM, and... Slow? Would you want to do it?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

I think slow and I would make a great team :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I agree with that. But I also know we can't have too many updaters. :/
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Maybe updates every 2 weeks? Would that work?

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 15, 2012, 08:39:17 AMI agree with that. But I also know we can't have too many updaters. :/

Too many?  If you & Olimar became updaters, we'd have, what, three?  Four if Winter helps out.

Would you be interested in becoming a mod Slow, and do you think you have enough theory knowledge to do the job well?

Also, I don't wanna completely shut out Shadowkirby since he expressed interest.  Shadowkirby, do you have enough knowledge to critique people's sheets?

While I'm at it, Shado and Dahans strike me as good candidates too.  Would you guys feel comfortable in that position?

Bespinben

I'd nominate Shado and Olimar. Dahans isn't around quite enough. Of course, Shado is already swamped with being Request janitor so...
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Dude

Quote from: spitllama on October 14, 2012, 04:37:45 PMFor the others, though, it raises the question: Why are they still mods?
Hugo's a chatroom moderat- wait he doesn't go to the new server anymore...

...good question.