News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 11, 2012, 06:21:40 AMFeel free to do whatever you want to the .MUS, it really gets messed up when I import from MuseScore to Notepad....

This scared me off...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

I saw you guys edited Dusk's posts. Since I'm the one who wrote the MUS files for him, I will edit his arrangements as needed for submission:

Quote from: Dusk on June 11, 2012, 06:40:30 AM[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "The Gatekeepers" / "Whose Footprint? Whose Footprint? (Sentry Duty)"

Olimar:
-Sheet needs to be portrait.
-Pick a title-I've seen this song just called "The Gatekeepers".

Deku: The C#s in bar 23 should be C naturals.

Thanks for catching that transcription error. Fixed.
Also, I fixed the page layout issue. I think Dusk had it set to landscape so as to accomodate all the alternate titles for this song, but thanks to PMD2's expansion "Explorers of Sky" (which has a soundtest), there are now official titles. As such, I simply called it "The Gatekeepers" as the soundtest calls it, allowing me the room to readjust for portrait style.

Here are the edited files: [ZIP]

Quote from: Dusk on June 11, 2012, 06:40:30 AM*[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "Epilogue Theme" / "Resurrection"

Olimar:
-Make the second "poco rit." visible.
-Same thing with the titles. "Epilogue Theme" will do.

Made the suggested changes.

Here are the edited files: [ZIP]

Quote from: Dusk on June 11, 2012, 06:40:30 AM*[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "Steam Cave"

Olimar:
-In measure 5, the RH's first note eighth note needs to be changed to 2 sixteenth notes, "B" and "G". It spells out the E minor triad.

Nope. That's not what the melody does in the original.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on September 08, 2012, 08:21:46 PMNope. That's not what the melody does in the original.
you know what: Now that I listen to it, I think I'm hearing that second-layer part. That part starts on beat 1 in the original, doesn't it? :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

The 2nd layer in measure 5 does indeed start at the beginning of the measure, but I omitted the first strike to reduce notational clutter and allow for ease of voicing. It's so soft at the beginning of the crescendo of the 2nd voice anyway that my omission feels natural.

I also applaud you for looking up the original song. It bugs me just a little when someone reviewing an arrangement says "I'm not familiar with the original, but..."

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Bespinben

Jompa

Quote from: Bespinben on September 09, 2012, 01:52:58 AMAll your copyrights are way too high now lol XD
I don't care unless Olimar tells me to change anything
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 08, 2012, 07:48:54 PMThis scared me off...

LOL!  It's just a couple minor formatting issues, nothing too bad.  I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of Finale will be able to easily tell me how to fix it.

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 09, 2012, 11:36:25 AMLOL!  It's just a couple minor formatting issues, nothing too bad.  I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of Finale will be able to easily tell me how to fix it.
They are not minor and can be fixed in any version of finale.

JDMEK5

Every sheet on the site ideally should look pretty much identical. It makes it more obvious that they came from the same source.

Again, I'll quote Kefka:
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 29, 2012, 11:49:29 PMNobody has any excuse for not properly formatting a sheet.  It's not even close to hard.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

@Jompa:
[NDS] Pokémon Black & White - Driftveil City 
-Subtitle needs to be size 12

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

MoldyPond

Moldy and The Ponds

Olimar12345

Quote from: Jompa on September 09, 2012, 12:56:41 PMIt is! It's allways been!
I just opened it and it's not-go take a look. They should be the same size as the arranger/composer.

Jompa

Quote from: MoldyPond on September 09, 2012, 12:58:58 PMThen why are you even here?
don't put words in my mouth, you took that straight out of context - I meant, since olimar told me to move the copyrights up, i did, I'm not moving them down because bespin told me to
Birdo for Smash