News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

@olimar- I can see how that can be a bother. Part of the problem I see is the arranger being extremely sluggish in fixing the errors in their sheets (ex: Ganondorf has yet to edit in a response to the errors in his sheets). Perhaps in future submissions updates, you could implement a system in which sheets that contain basic formatting errors are immediately disqualified (just a thought).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

I think the problem is that when the submission thread opens, people hurry to post here before looking at the "what should my sheet look like" threadK-night...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

What Bespinben said. There's really no excuse to not have that stuff done. It's listed right there in the first post. And you haven't even reached a lot of the new arrangers' stuff yet o_o That could be bad.

At the sluggish piece, perhaps you could implement time limits for both arrangers and updaters (ex/ one week for updaters to finish reviewing and making comments, then 24 hours after that week for arrangers to make all of their fixes)? Otherwise they're just pushed to the next update (I know a similar thing has happened with Bloop and Slow when they didn't come back to their posts for a while).

EDIT: Regardless Olimar, they've had months to make the changes that meet criterion after creating their initial posts :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Well, I've heard a lot of good ideas. Bespinben, I like you're idea of imediate disqualification. Spit, your previous post is so full of win and I completely agree.  As Kefka put it:
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 29, 2012, 11:49:29 PMNobody has any excuse for not properly formatting a sheet.  It's not even close to hard.

As for where I am in the update, I'm just now finishing up looking over Jompa's stuff. I don't think Deku has posted all of my comments yet, though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Yeahhhh that's exactly right. How about this.

If a sheet is formatted incorrectly, or is an inadequate arrangement, you notify the arranger, and if the piece isn't fixed before the update takes place, just don't post the sheet.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 04, 2012, 03:46:23 PMIf a sheet is formatted incorrectly, or is an inadequate arrangement, you notify the arranger, and if the piece isn't fixed before the update takes place, just don't post the sheet.
I think that would work... PM the submitter and give them a deadline to fix and resubmit their sheet(s).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 04, 2012, 03:46:23 PMYeahhhh that's exactly right. How about this.

If a sheet is formatted incorrectly, or is an inadequate arrangement, you notify the arranger, and if the piece isn't fixed before the update takes place, just don't post the sheet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the basis behind Olimar's suggestion was to reduce the number of crappy sheets we have to look through in the first place.

SlowPokemon

I don't like the idea of one person being deemed the sole arranger for that update. Not at all.

Olimar12345

Well I feel bad for people like Bespinben and Pumpy who always have top-notch sheets. Why should they have to wait on all of the newbs or returning members that still don't get it/aren't at that level yet?

Bespinben

Not really related to the discussion, but I was wondering if, along with the submissions, the LoZ: Link's Awakening replacements Shado, Olimar, Pumpy, and I did for FtS project could be uploaded to the main site during the update?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Well...how about this.

It's the updaters' jobs to quality check. That's unavoidable.

However. If an arrangement is inadequate, simply mark "rejected," in which case they can alter it and submit it for quality check for the NEXT update to avoid continued hassle. As well, instead of "Submissions for next update" we have "submissions for [specific date]." BY THAT SPECIFIC DATE, whatever sheets have been approved (regardless of whether you've gotten through all of them) will be posted.

spitllama

Define "inadequate." Everyone gets some sort of suggestion on their sheets. Otherwise I love the idea of the deadline thing. Honestly viewers don't care how big the update is, just that we're more consistent.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Olimar12345