News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Oh wow I forgot about this. I decided to practice my horn instead that day, lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

I suggest splitting this submission group into two sets. This is one of the largest threads in a while. That would make the thread look less intimidating to our uploaders, it would mean having an earlier update, and it really wouldn't affect people in the second set since they still have their spots-- it's just a matter of making a site news post before examining their posts. No additional submissions would be accepted onto the second set.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

We really need this update to HAPPEN ALREADY. Two months+ is NOT an acceptable time to wait for an update as they're "supposed" to happen weekly.

Someone get on the ball already.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

The previous update took nearly 4 months (February 15th - June 9th). Also, it is worth noting that, according to user profiles, DekuTrombonist hasn't been on NSM since July 16th.

I support the motion suggested by spitllama.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

blueflower999

I say we get more updaters to help them. Don't get me wrong, Deku and Winter are awesome. But I think any pair would feel a little swamped having to go through this many submissions.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I think they just don't care, are lazy, or have things that they prioritize as more important. I can't think of another reason it would be delayed more than a month tops.

Seriously, I hate to sound harsh, but I don't care how long the last one took. Four months is even more ridiculous than two months. Making Winter and DekuTrumbonist mods was supposed to help for more than, like, six months apiece.

spitllama

Ordinarily I would disagree with blueflower's statement. More mods usually doesn't fix a problem.

However, let's look at our current list of potential updaters (i.e. not TWG/chatroom mods, etc.)-

Nintendude73
KefkaticFanatic
DekuTrombonist
winterkid09
Nakah
Concerto
HugoMeister ...?
JaMaHa ...?

The issue isn't that they don't care or that they're lazy, it's that they aren't here anymore! The majority of updaters just aren't active members of the community. It's hardly fair that DekuTrombonist and Winter get the beef of our complaints simply because they're the only ones trying :P The problem we face now is that we have an abundance of interested and eager arrangers (which is fantastic!) and a not-quite-large-enough support group behind them.

However, I should also note that I had a brief convo with JaMaHa a while back. He agreed that updates which take months to complete are concerning. However, the site is still doing its job-- providing free VGM sheet music for visitors.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Yes, it is doing it's job... but without an updated music library, people will only come so many times.

I have a suggestion--why not make it one submission per arranger per update? This would make it way simpler to update on a weekly basis, no? It won't get the job done as fast, but at least it will be a steady flow of new sheet music.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 13, 2012, 05:51:39 PMYes, it is doing it's job... but without an updated music library, people will only come so many times.

I have a suggestion--why not make it one submission per arranger per update? This would make it way simpler to update on a weekly basis, no? It won't get the job done as fast, but at least it will be a steady flow of new sheet music.
That would work, but it still doesn't solve the fact that our mods aren't doing their job.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 13, 2012, 05:51:39 PMI have a suggestion--why not make it one submission per arranger per update? This would make it way simpler to update on a weekly basis, no? It won't get the job done as fast, but at least it will be a steady flow of new sheet music.

This is a brilliant idea. The updaters don't get swamped, and the arrangers can pour their best efforts into a single song of their choice each week. I seriously think we should implement this.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

PM JaMaHa about the situation and let him know you're interested in becoming an updater. It's worth a shot.

EFitTrainr

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 13, 2012, 06:06:42 PMPM JaMaHa about the situation and let him know you're interested in becoming an updater. It's worth a shot.
I've already tried that.
I like food.

Olimar12345

We'd make a pretty coll updating team, shadowkirby.  ;)

Bespinben

I think Olimar would be a great potential updater. His sheets are consistently top-notch: they reflect the original well (good transcription), are visually and aesthetically pleasing (well-formatted), and show an understanding of pianistic techniques and limitations (playable). These are qualities I strive for in my own arrangements, and I believe additional potential updaters should likewise exemplify such qualities in their arranging.

I can't speak so much for shadowkirby because, looking his arrangement thread, he has only done 3 arrangements to date. As such, I can't make a valid assessment of his arranging qualities. I did, though, find his arrangement of Wigglytuff's Guild from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 severely lacking, as compared to the original.