Submission for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, June 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 13, 2012, 05:52:49 PMit still doesn't solve the fact that our mods aren't doing their job.

This. Which is why I wholeheartedly support the Olimar updater suggestion.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bespinben on August 13, 2012, 06:50:53 PMI can't speak so much for shadowkirby because, looking his arrangement thread, he has only done 3 arrangements to date. As such, I can't make a valid assessment of his arranging qualities. I did, though, find his arrangement of Wigglytuff's Guild from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 severely lacking, as compared to the original.

I agree with this, not anything against shadowkirby, but Olimar has had a LOT of time to prove himself as a reliable arranger who knows a lot about music. I don't mean to impose on or insult shadowkirby, but that's the reason I think JaMaHa might respond favorably to Olimar.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

I wan 2 be updater I am best arranger EVAR!!!
[/sarcasm]

but yeah, I definitely agree with the general idea.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm relatively new here, but I think if we used both Slow's idea for one arrangement per member per week, plus making senior arrangers like Olimar and others (Bespinben?) mods, a great deal of the problem would be solved.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

spitllama

*backtracking* I think we should still split this submission set. It's way too large and we can't do 1 submission/arranger until next time.
Submissions Page

Jompa

Err, It might be my english,  but I didn't understand anything of the whole "splitting" thing, Spitllama.?
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Pretty much take what submissions we have now and put a line up the middle. Then there are two reasonable updates instead of one ominous and even later update.
Submissions Page

TheZeldaPianist275

If we do that, why don't we have two people working, one on each.  Deku and Winter could do it, or Olimar.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Oh, I see. Then whoever's in charge, DO IT!
Birdo for Smash

Eeko

If you guys don't mind the opinion of a newb...
I don't think having one arrangement per submission will really work. All that'll do is give us smaller updates that still take forever.
I think the main problem is that the updaters aren't active, so promoting some people should take care of it. In my opinion.

Jompa

Quote from: Eeko on August 14, 2012, 03:09:11 PMIf you guys don't mind the opinion of a newb...
I don't think having one arrangement per submission will really work. All that'll do is give us smaller updates that still take forever.
I think the main problem is that the updaters aren't active, so promoting some people should take care of it. In my opinion.

One arr per person would be a quarter of what we do now. This update is a month or so late, which is quadruple as much time as it should take. If this update takes any longer than this, then it'd be worth it as long as the one arr per person updates are on time. I really hope I made sense.
But I really do agree - the best thing to do would be promoting some people who'd actually do the job.
Birdo for Smash