The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Zunawe

*sentimental moment where familiar character dies* *ragtime plays at 200 bpm*
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

bumpity bump bump.

How are things going?

Zunawe

Lol. I've kinda abandoned this. It was fun to come up with stuff, but people are just too busy/lazy. If anybody wants to try to pick it back up, I welcome them and I will gladly work with them. However, this project has kinda died, and I'm tired of pushing for something that's not going to happen.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I would be working on it, but I'm confined to my phone. I haven't given up!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fabbemannen

Quote from: Zunawe on September 16, 2012, 12:01:22 PMLol. I've kinda abandoned this. It was fun to come up with stuff, but people are just too busy/lazy. If anybody wants to try to pick it back up, I welcome them and I will gladly work with them. However, this project has kinda died, and I'm tired of pushing for something that's not going to happen.
I tried to keep things rolling, but it gets harder and harder to get the time for it. I think I'll start something of my own and then I'll might ask you guys if I need some help later on instead ^^

FSM-Reapr

Shh... Don't tell anyone I was here...

[/bump]

K-NiGhT

SOOPER BUMP! Let's bring this back! I bet we could do it, now that it's summer.

Zunawe

I have been so out of touch with Game Maker. If enough people agree to come back, maybe. I'd like to know if anybody else is interested in heading it, because it's exhausting trying to motivate people.

I program things

fabbemannen

I'm not particularly interested in Gamemaker anymore and I'll hopefully start on a game-programming program after the summer. Depending on how it looks, maybe I'll post some stuff on the forum when the time is right

AwesomeYears

*2 year bump*

So there is a new Humble Bundle for game making, 12 dollars for RPG Maker VX Ace, some tilesets, guides, art making software etc.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

So I thought maybe we could revive this since it's only 12 buckerinos (I've bought it by the way)

K-NiGhT

omg i remember this lmao what a throwback

Zunawe

That would be cool. Unfortunately I have zero time to head this once school starts in August.

I ended up deleting the files I had for this, and Dropbox didn't save them for that long. As far as I know, the only worthwhile file there was the backstory (which I think can be found and pieced together again by digging through this thread) (link to post).

Here is a link to the thread for discussing items.

If a few people are interested in continuing to do this, I have no problems with that. In fact, I would probably help out when I could. But the actual development team would need to be much smaller than we were planning in the first go at this. Instead of a billion people working on it, it should be a few people that know they can handle the workload with lots of input from the community (such as using item suggestions or even maybe having lots of composers given that this is a music site).

One more thing, make sure to get the permission of everybody who you use the ideas of. Given that this would be more of a new project, it would be bad to get in any legal gray areas concerning intellectual property.

TL;DR Go ahead; I still would love to see this happen. But this has been dead so long that it needs a fresh start instead of a revival.

EDIT: Reading a bit more through the thread, there's quite a bit of information lost to polls and other such as the name of the protagonist. It'll take some reading to get everything back in place.

I program things

Sebastian

What ever happen to this?

Dude

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 04, 2015, 11:20:25 AMWhat ever happen to this?
Maybe if you read the thread you could figure it out.

Sebastian

I did. It was more of a rhetorical question.

Anyway.....
Would anyone be interested in starting this back up again?