News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

K-NiGhT

This IS taking place in modern times, if I recall.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

True, but imagine it with a loss of electricity. I guess lute would really be acoustic guitar. This time thing is kinda difficult to think around sometimes. Anyway.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 01, 2012, 09:07:16 AMThis IS taking place in modern times, if I recall.

I didn't know that! Then you could use acoustic guitar, piano and sax. But the horse cart idea is still good.

Zunawe

Is anybody besides K-NiGhT (and maybe fabbemannen) working? This is tiring, and I'm not getting much response from anybody. If somebody wants to try to pick this back up please do. I'm not giving up, but I don't want to continue to say "Do stuff!" if nobody is going to.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Spyro

I'm trying to, but I want to wait on the story before I start anything of mine.

Zunawe

Well, I guess, but all you need to do is imagine a character, a layout, and some puzzles for the dungeon. Then you could just draw it.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Does this game have multiple cities(EX:Pokemon), or one big city(EX: Clock Town)?

Zunawe

Probably more like Skyrim or Zelda II where there are multiple cities, but you can choose your path fairly freely.

I program things

Spyro

Quote from: Zunawe on August 08, 2012, 09:40:26 AMWell, I guess, but all you need to do is imagine a character, a layout, and some puzzles for the dungeon. Then you could just draw it.
OK, maybe I can get a layout of a simple dungeon sometime next week. Any theme for the first dungeon? Grass? Fire? Ice? If, you could put up a poll for everyone, that'd help me.

FSM-Reapr

Grass/Ground would be good for the 1st dungeon, my opinion.

Spyro

Yeah, I like having grass or woods first too.

SuperFireKirby

^Yeah, that sounds good. It's an easy dungeon to work with because it's much easier to mold into whatever story K-Night gives us, imo.

Also, I apologise for my inactivity. I am currently working two jobs, trying to get a music career off the ground, and am preparing for college. But as soon as my pixel artist friend is free, we're gonna sit down and try to put together some sprites. What would be of higher priority right now? Items, characters, level objects(houses, rocks, trees, those things)?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Spyro

OK, I'll do that once my laptop get's back from repairing. I'll make a layout/map in MSPaint then.

K-NiGhT

@SFK most likely characters.

I'm still working on the story. I have been busy with my other one. I think I'll make a "season" when they get all of the badges. Then I'll work and work on the story for this until it is finished.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

@SFK Okay, that's fine. General overworld scenery I think. After that in priorities would be characters. First out of anything would be the main character because that's what the player will see more than anything else in the game. Starting with walk animations and such.

@Spyro Sounds fine.

I was ninja'd again. I don't know what makes this happen.

I program things