The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

K-NiGhT

I'm working on the story right now. I have an idea for the main character's weapon.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Zunawe on June 07, 2012, 02:33:07 PMMy group of friends and I have been planning on developing games for the Android Market, but it never got started. This might be something they'll be interested in.

Just saw this. We should make one for the android market cuz I want to get this on my phone :)

Spyro

I'd work on the item development team.

Also, if you want me to make small villages or something easy like that, I could do that in Sketchup. I won't be able to do extreme things with lots of terrain though. But, I could do something like I said, a village, if you want.

DryLuigi

An item development area sounds like a great idea. Every couple of days we could have a new theme, (design a new weapon, enemy, armor set, boss, town, etc.), and then people could submit various ideas they have, with concept art if they so desire. Then once the submission period is over, we could put up a poll and have people vote for their favorite idea, and the winner after the voting period would get implemented into the game.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

Zunawe

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 11, 2012, 05:56:14 PMJust saw this. We should make one for the android market cuz I want to get this on my phone :)
1. That requires work.
2. It would essentially be an emulated game, and the controls on those are so terrible.

If you can get people to reprogram it, then go ahead, but that would require soooo much extra time and effort.

Quote from: Spyro on July 11, 2012, 06:13:09 PMI'd work on the item development team.

Also, if you want me to make small villages or something easy like that, I could do that in Sketchup. I won't be able to do extreme things with lots of terrain though. But, I could do something like I said, a village, if you want.
Again, the item development would be more of a collection of ideas that is picked out of.
DryLuigi's idea sounds good. After the initial creation of basic weapons.
Small villages would be a collection of buildings that the artists create put into an arrangement that the level designers might make out, or the programmers because it's not really that important. If you really want to be in charge of organizing towns, then I don't see a problem with that.

Why is everybody ninja'ing me?!?!?!
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Spyro

OK, that seems like a good way to do it.

fabbemannen

We should have a poll on how exactly we want the game to look like.

Let's take pokemon as an example.
I think it should be kinda similar to gen 3 due to it being more simplistic.
Gen 1-2 looks kinda old for a new game and gen. 4-5 might be a little too advanced for us

FSM-Reapr

JFK is right, you know.

Zunawe

Well, I feel like that should be up to the artists, because I don't want to limit them, nor do I want to give them more than they can handle.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I am still working on the story. I'll put it up later when I get to a good point.

Ragster

Is it alright if I drop from the development team? I have another big project I have to do and I don't think I'll be active enough to help out. Sorry.

fabbemannen

Don't worry, we won't kill you right now, you got a couple of weeks to live

Zunawe

*shoots ragster*

No, that's fine.

I program things

K-NiGhT

Lost the file D: grandparents deleted a bunch of stuff off their computer and the story file was part of it. I'll start rewriting on my ipod soon.

Ragster

The contract mentioned nothing about executions. Anyway if you guys are still working on this a long time from now then I'll be able to help, but it'll be a long time until my schedule is free.

I can still help out in the forums if you'd like, if you promise you won't kill me.