News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

DryLuigi

So I decided to try my hand at some concept art, and since I am utterly terrible at creating people and enemies, I decided to attempt to create some weapons! So here is a rough idea for the battery upgraded halberd.

And since I thought that it would be fun to make, here is a magic shotgun for FSM-Reapr.

These aren't the greatest, but I did have fun making them so not all was lost.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 10, 2012, 07:22:59 PMNow you just need a picture of Kirby with a shotgun.

Hmmm...:D

Okey, back to topic. I really liked both pictures, especially the first one. That could be an interesting weapon, 'cause you would have to change the batteries all the time.

K-NiGhT

I like the weapons so far. I may have some more ideas, but I have to make sure they make sense.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Spyro

What about Ice, Fire, and Light arrows, like the Zelda series? 

Zunawe

^I could see things working for that, but it would just be ripped off of Zelda anyway.

I feel like now would be a good time to mention that we should have the in-game story in the works right now so that we can design other NPCs or towns and whatnot.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FSM-Reapr

There should be an option to choose if the main character is a boy or a girl.

DryLuigi

It also might be good to design a rough world map at some point so that we can establish all of the various locations, towns, and environments beforehand. Then we can get an idea how the game will be laid out.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

Zunawe

Quote from: DryLuigi on July 11, 2012, 02:14:48 PMIt also might be good to design a rough world map at some point so that we can establish all of the various locations, towns, and environments beforehand. Then we can get an idea how the game will be laid out.
Well, I think we should get the story first, and then we can map it out through towns, and then we can build the world around that line. That way we wouldn't have the character be able to access a part of the game that they shouldn't until later.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 11, 2012, 02:13:48 PMThere should be an option to choose if the main character is a boy or a girl.
Maybe. . . I'm trying to figure out how well it would work as a god queen.

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Goddess. Have you even played Uprising? =P

Jub3r7

Nope, God Queen. the main character is supposed to be a God King.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Spyro

Quote from: Zunawe on July 11, 2012, 01:29:47 PM^I could see things working for that, but it would just be ripped off of Zelda anyway.

I feel like now would be a good time to mention that we should have the in-game story in the works right now so that we can design other NPCs or towns and whatnot.
People use Fire arrows in lots of things. If we use an ax, does that mean we are ripping off the Fire Emblem series? I don't think it'd matter.

Zunawe

Not fire arrows, but I mean if we had fire arrows, ice arrows, and light arrows it would seem like we were ripping off LoZ.

I program things

Spyro

We could take out light, and maybe add Poison.

Zunawe

Sure, but why don't we work on this later. Still got lotsa stuff to do:

Get basic in-game story set up
Establish general look of major characters
Establish major game mechanics
Finally split into groups to work out the rest. If you want to contribute something, work it out with the group controlling that aspect.

Now that I think about it, we should probably have some sort of item development section where ideas for weapons, items, armor, spells, etc. . . are put forward, and then the better ones move on to the artists and programmers. However, it would probably work better as a separate thread where anybody can contribute instead of a whole new team.

I program things