News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

FSM-Reapr

I think the main character should look like Magnus from Uprising. (Without the creepy Japanese hairstyle)

popo447

Hmmm.... Magnus is not a bad idea but i think the main character should look like Kite from .Hack, only they would have semi normal looking hair.
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

Spyro

Quote from: fabbemannen on July 09, 2012, 08:15:09 AMMore similar to Fire Emblem then, but without the weird hairstyle. I also think that everyone in the game should have similar clothes as the protagonist, but without the weird hairstyles (you know, without the weird hairstyles)
Ah, got to love Fire Emblem. Love that hair.

Also, his/her main weapon should be a bow. Swords and stuff are overused.

K-NiGhT

But swords are cool
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

Start with a sword, and other weapons will be available later. Also, just draw something. We'll figure out what we like based on what's been drawn.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Cobraroll

Fun fact: When fighting on foot, a halberd is almost always a better choice of weapon than a sword. It has a longer reach, can be swung with a much greater force, can stab, hack or drag, and most importantly, it isn't useless in a cluster fight. With a sword in hand, you're cavalry fodder. With a halberd in hand, cavalry is your fodder.

Swords are overrated.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Zunawe

I know. It's just the weapon everybody goes to when they think "mideval". It's the default weapon, and will probably be replaced by anybody who plays the game.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

But there should be guns and other fun things

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

MAGIC SHOTGUNS!!! XD

Zunawe

I thought we had already gone over this. The ability to use technology was destroyed somehow. If we're going to use futuristic weapons at all, then it should be simple upgrades to medieval weapons, or a replacement for magic (I actually like that idea). That is, unless I was mistaken in what other people were saying.

(Ninja'd by Reapr. Darnit)

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Ummmmm guns and medieval weapons and magic can all easily exist in one game. Just don't make one totally OP'd over the others. Medeival can be a lot of short ranged while guns and bows can be for a long ranger class such as hunters, either making bows more powerful and guns possibly rapidly fired or faster fire rate(depending on the battle system we use) or guns could be more powerful later game weapons and magic would be for magic class.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

I'm not saying that isn't possible, but I thought we had decided not to do it. I'll put a poll up.

EDIT: Dangit. Is there a way to remove/edit a poll so that I can have people only vote once?

I program things

DryLuigi

To get around the fact that technology was destroyed in the story, while still being able to have cool weapons in the game, we could have it so these new Magic/Technology hybrid weapons were created from the scraps of the old world that were destroyed. People have forgotten what the technology was originally designed for, but they could still find new uses for it. For example, there could be a shop in the world that could specialize in combining technology with the weapons you have. You could pay the shopkeeper to rig up a battery attached to your halberd so that it gains an electricity attribute and has a chance to paralyze.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

Zunawe

^That would be option two. And what I meant by replacing magic was something like: Magic doesn't exist, and that has been proven (somehow), so other minor technologies were developed that allowed the user to, say, create a fireball from a thrown item, or lightning strikes from something handheld.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

@dryluigi I love your avatar!

"Lightning Palm" I can already see that.  ;)