News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Zunawe

I don't think it's meant to be Latin names. It's just supposed to be names that sound good and that have Latin meanings. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I think that's what they're going for.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

I think I'll give a couple of days more for votes, and we'll see what comes out on top. I'm still taking submissions, by the way. I would have expected more than three people to have names.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

So, is anyone working on concept art for this guy? I'm on vacation and lack  tools to draw with. Plus I don't know how he should look, so don't expect anything from me. As for the villain, I have an idea and may work on some eoart when I get back. Also, as for minor villains and characters, We obviously can't vote on every name and physical feature, so we should assign a small team to do all of that. Or assign it to one preexisting team.

EDIT: Thanks for ninja'ing me zunawe. In order to have a believable villain, they need to think what they are doing is good, and that they are good. That's why I think the villain needs his own self given name that is or means something good. I was thinking maybe Justice. No, its not silly Latin, but I think it's a pretty epic name for a super evil, all powerful being to have.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Spyro

I have a couple ideas for some enemies, but I'll wait until we get there

Zunawe

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 26, 2012, 04:40:18 PMEDIT: Thanks for ninja'ing me zunawe.
Wut?

Other people, respond to SFK.

EDIT: Also, I'm still trying to get confirmation from a guy that he's started drawing. I'll just spam him with texts for the next hour. I'd like anybody that can to draw their impression of a fallen god king, whatever that may be. Then we'll vote between those.

I program things

Zunawe

Okay. My friend requested the story so that he could get a better idea of what to draw. I basically copied SFK's timeline and edited/added a few things. While reading through it again, I found something I didn't last time, and came up with something that I, personally, like. This is saved in a document, and I'll put the link on the main post. For now, we have this. Also, any details that didn't get worked out completely or that aren't in this timeline shall be decided by the writers.

100000 BG(Before Game) - A catastrophic event creates the universe(let's call it the Big Bang, shall we?). Out of the chaos, a single, all-powerful being emerges known as Villain(fill in the blank here). Using his godly godliness, he creates the stars, planets, and tons of other neat stuff.

90000 BG - By this time, more beings have emerged from the darkness. These lesser being called themselves the BlahBlahBlah(fill in the name here). These 7 gods used what Villain had already made and made their own thingy's, such as animals, trees, and life in general, along with a bunch of other neat stuff. One god emerges above all the others and is proclaimed King. Villain, being the all-powerful creature he is, does not fancy this idea, but decides to let these lesser gods play their little games.

85000 BG - Villain becomes bored with these simple minded beasts his lesser brethren and decides to create his own creature, the Human. He shapes their minds similar to his own, giving them the abilities to communicate, create, love, and hate. In order to keep himself entertained, he pits them against each other in bloody struggles over land, money, power, and ideals using his subtle influence.

70000 BG - By this time Villain has been creating chaos throughout the universe, creating and destroying as he pleases to try to rid himself of boredom. The God King orders him to stop his rampage, at which Villain scoffs. In an epic battle, the 7 gods subdue Villain and imprison him within a small moon orbiting around a gas giant near the humans' home planet. And all was quiet within the universe for many long years.

3000 BG -While the gods were resting, the humans were hard at work. Creating new machines, advancing in the sciences and mechanics of their world, expanding their minds to new philosophical concepts. But the humans have become too powerful. Through conquest, warfare, and industry, they have begun to destroy the world which the gods created and loved dearly. Knowing very well the monster that created these humans, they knew what these beasts were capable of. So the Gods created destruction amongst the Earth that would set these humans back thousands of years. Or so they thought.

1000 BG - The Gods once again rest, letting the humans do as they please. Though, to keep them in check, they created spontaneously occurring events of destruction such a hurricanes and earthquakes. But humans continue to build and persevere. By now they have advanced so greatly in industry that they can destroy hundreds of miles land with a single weapon.

200 BG - The Gods awaken to find the Earth in near ruins. But humans have not stopped. They have begun to advance in the technologies of interplanetary travel, and they are getting close to unlocking the means to build a weapon that could destroy the entire universe. They see that these humans must be destroyed completely. But the God King intervenes, seeing the good that exists within them. So the Gods begin formulating a plan that can save their precious Earth, while keeping the humans alive.

1 month BG - A gods have finally garnered enough power to set forth they're plan. But while in the process of reshaping the universe, an outside influence (see bottom paragraph) intervenes, causing all the have worked for to go haywire. The past, present, and future all begin melding together in a massive explosion which shakes the entire universe to its very foundation. The event is so violently catastrophic that it creates cracks in an impenetrable prison on Europa. Villain, feels his power return to him as  chaos seeps through the cracks of his prison and he breaks free. He creates 7 evil anti-gods mimicking the real ones. They find the gods, and destroy all but one. The King. During the battle, one of the Gods(Loyalty or something like that) used his powers to save the God King and make him untraceable, just before the final blow was struck against the King. The Universe fell into Darkness. The 7 Anti-Gods create large kingdoms on Earth and begin enslaving humans to do their bidding. They wage their human armies against each other for the fun of it. Villain mean while builds his own kingdom upon his former prison, awaiting the return of his most hated foe.

Start of Game - God King wakes up in a tavern located in Blahblahblah Town. He is human, but know that he must restore order to the world of humans and defeat the Villain once and for all.

That outside force currently has no reason to exist. Because of that, it makes it look like somebody was trying to hit a baseball, but the baseball exploded in mid-flight for no reason. One solution is to make this entity the ultimate being. He created the universe from which the gods were born, but, much like the main antagonist, he became bored with these creations, and wanted to see a battle between gods. At the defeat of the main antagonist, this new entity reveals itself in a form familiar to the gods, and congratulates the king on a victory. The king sees the resemblance between this new evil and the main antagonist, and challenges him so that this doesn't happen again. The god king, being ritcheous and pure, proceeds to rule all universes. Keeping order through all of them in check with lesser gods of his own creation.

I program things

K-NiGhT

So it could be like a boss AFTER the final boss!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

I'm going to need to drop from developing the plot for this game. The other one I'm working on is starting to take off and I don't want to get these two confused.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zunawe

Sure. It's understandable. I think we have enough people as it is.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Well, the outside influence I was referring to was the Villain using the small amount of power he still had to influence the work of the gods(which he also used to influence humans into destroying the God's beloved earth for the sake of progress)

But your idea is pretty darn coll.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

Well, I got Gamemaker 8 now and I finished the tutorial, kinda simple program, but easy to use as I see it.
@zunawe Fix some folders in dropbox for conceptarts, sprites and other basic stuff. Easier to share those type of things there than in the forum
I'll try to send something on how I would like to see the actual gameplay

And it looks like I have to get the 8.1 version of GM instead, didn't work with the 8.0 version that I have now (meh, picky guys)

Zunawe

Is anybody else learning to use Game Maker? You should. Also, unless we can find a better program, I'd think that Game Makerwill be the best choice for the actual art. Then the creator will save each frame of the animation in a folder. The programmers/level designers load that into their workspace, and use them to make things work. Basically, each person will have their own personal file. The artists can do anything they want. Then the level designers will take the sprites, make them objects, and place them in rooms. The programmers will take the sprites and the levels and make them work. Then I'll take everything that has been done so far that works, and put it into one file which will be shared via a public link.

@fabbemannen I don't know how you might update the paid version, but I would think we would be using the latest version.

Also, I would organize the dropbox folder, but NOBODY BUT FABBEMANNEN HAS SHARED THEIR EMAIL WITH ME!!!! Seriously. It'll be really important later on. If you don't have an account, then go here.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

I never put my email up? Otay then, its peter_spurgeon@yahoo.com. Also I'll be useless for another week since I'm still on vacation. But I'll start going all EXTREME as soon as I get back, I pwomise.

Zunawe

It looks like Ladivus has won, so unless there's a huge surge of vote changes, I think that's what our character will be named outside of the game.

I program things