News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Zunawe

So, are you suggesting that we have a set name, or that we let the player decide on the name completely?

I still think that if the player puts in a name we should have something to at least call the character. Even just God King would work.

(Sorry for taking a while. I was waiting for other responses.)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fabbemannen

Well, most RPG's (and a lot of other games) got so you get to choose one nick, but you have to erase the standard name (earthbound, legend of zelda, lufia etc.)
Like you said earlier, I think that's the best way.

God King sounds kinda bad as a standard name though. Seriously, would you go call someone you meet God King? Maybe Evan or something like that (hehe, I liked that movie, even though the first one was better)

Zunawe

Which is what I think Maestro disagrees with. (The top part) I'd like a name for the character.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

Yes, let's name our characters, show people that we can at least put forth some effort into basic storytelling by naming our main character. Nicknames are fun, sure, but if some were to say, "Hey, you know that guy from that game?" "What guy?" "The main character." "Oh yeah, Captain MeanFace." "What?" "That's what I named him."

Whereas with Link, "Hey, you know who Link is , right?" "Yeah, he's my favorite VG character."

The difference in in recognizing these characters, the story will make them memorable, the names will make them recognizable.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

By the way, how many party characters are there going to be? And how many will we have at a time?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 23, 2012, 02:24:46 PMYes, let's name our characters, show people that we can at least put forth some effort into basic storytelling by naming our main character. Nicknames are fun, sure, but if some were to say, "Hey, you know that guy from that game?" "What guy?" "The main character." "Oh yeah, Captain MeanFace." "What?" "That's what I named him."

Whereas with Link, "Hey, you know who Link is , right?" "Yeah, he's my favorite VG character."

The difference in in recognizing these characters, the story will make them memorable, the names will make them recognizable.
That's what I was. . . but. . . never mind. That's basically what I've been trying to say we should do.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 23, 2012, 02:34:20 PMBy the way, how many party characters are there going to be? And how many will we have at a time?
I think that it should either be a solo, or 4 party characters as a maximum. You would start solo, and either pick up party members kinda like you would in Skyrim, or there's a system like in DQIX where you can customize the characters to a point. However, if we're going to be doing a large party, then that brings in the question of classes. Having 4 characters that all have the same abilities is stupid, so we would need either classes, or special attributes for each person.

As I think about it more, I think that we should have classes. We'll figure that out after this name thing.

About the name. I think everybody who has a name should send in one or two suggestions via PM if they want to, and I'll put them up in a poll.

I program things

pumpy_heart

I'll compose. Let me know when things are more finalize. Not really into the whole story building, class building, strategy, any of that processes haha. You guys'll do good on that. Lemme know when the story is firm and the style is determined and all that jazz.
And if it already has been, can someone direct me there via message?
I'm good to go whenever.

Zunawe

Welcome aboard. It's good you brought that up because I forgot. Somebody needs to compile the story. Has anybody done that yet?

Also, share your Dropbox emails with me! If you don't have an account you can create one or find some other way to get the files. Dropbox is going to be much easier.

I program things

Jub3r7

Quote from: Jub3r7 on June 20, 2012, 03:57:29 PMViris, in latin means "of the person", or "of the man."
Can't you add this to the poll? D: (Pronounced Veer-iss?)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Zunawe

Lol. I never understood that to be a name. It just looked like you decided to talk about Latin. Sure, I'll add it.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Ladivus and Viris are pretty coll. Viris is kinda close to Virus in spelling though.

Quote from: pumpy_heart on June 23, 2012, 09:19:22 PMI'll compose. Let me know when things are more finalize. Not really into the whole story building, class building, strategy, any of that processes haha. You guys'll do good on that. Lemme know when the story is firm and the style is determined and all that jazz.
And if it already has been, can someone direct me there via message?
I'm good to go whenever.
AW YEAH, PUMPY'S ON BOARD.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

No, Jub3r7, all the Latin names have to pronounced as they would in Latin, not English. :(

Jub3r7

Alternate pronunciation: Weer-iss.  :o
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MaestroUGC

If we are going to use LAtin names, at least let's use proper naming conventions. Let's not do the whole HP thing where we take Latin or Latin-sounding-words and use them just to add some pretention.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.