News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

MaestroUGC

That still doesn't work though, why wouldn't they at least say, "Oh yeah, keep an eye this guy, he's bad and junk"?

Memories are one thing, a great evil being locked away is something entirely else.

However, I can make all of this work.

These eight Gods ruled over the world since they overthrew the Devil and the Seven Vices (we need names). They each have a child and are training them the take their place/assist/what-have-you. The Prince is the oldest of the group, and was born just before the end of the Great War. The Devil was able to infect him as a last ditch effort for the throne. The seed has now grown and created a great darkness in the Prince and he betrays everyone by freeing these evil deities. They either kill or inprison the parents and banish the King and the Virtuous Children. They need to reclaim their power and re-take Heaven.

As far as Europa goes, let's have it be a colony, and Earth is still habitable. The Gods want nothing to do with Europa, so they want to destroy it to make an example to their new subjects of their power. The main hero should be the King, and his mission, with the aid of some mortals, is to stop the Devil.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ragster

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 17, 2012, 12:30:33 PMHere's what I think about that.

These gods are actually not the same gods that sealed away the Villain. They are merely children of those gods, who have since passed their powers to their children. However, they did not pass over their memories, so the children had no knowledge of the Villain sleeping in Europa.

The only problem with that is Gods are immortal, they don't grow old and die. They really shouldn't have any reason to pass on their powers to their offspring.

Heres what I'm thinking; the Gods of Virtus (Latin for Virtue, if Latin is the way we want to go) look over the Solar System. They decided to create life in the system, since they saw that the system had matured enough to hold life. They decided to start life on Europa. Over thousands of years, the life their started many wars against each other. The wars were so massive that it was destroying the moon. The Gods decided that life was a horrible idea, and banished their souls into a seal in the center of Europa. Some more thousands of years later, the Gods saw that Earth had already begun to harvest lifeforms naturally. They were interested in seeing if these lifeforms were to be any better, but the life killed Earth as well. The Gods knew that they could not destroy or banish life that had naturally been created, so they watched to see what the Humans would do without a planet. What the Humans did surprised them, they created several ships that could sustain a large majority of the human population for several years, and traveled to Europa. The gods knew that the Humans were going to destroy Europa as well and release the evil souls, but could do nothing about it. Not being able to go down on surface, they created a messenger to go down to Europa to stop the Humans. The Humans ignored him and began industrializing on the moon. The Gods were shocked to learn that the humans disobeyed orders, but since they were created naturally, they had no idea that the Gods even existed. The humans eventually found the seal of the evil souls and broke it by accident. The souls are released and blah blah blah, add in all of the other story line here.

That's what I have in mind.

Zunawe

Wow, you guys have been busy. I'm liking the story so far. Also, I'm gonna tell my concept artist that our main character is a god king who has been cast down to the world of humans. That should give him a decent base for now. Unless you guys want me to wait.

Quote from: Ragster on June 17, 2012, 01:07:38 PMThe only problem with that is Gods are immortal, they don't grow old and die. They really shouldn't have any reason to pass on their powers to their offspring.
Immortal doesn't necessarily mean invincible. In case you did mean invincible, though, the Norse god Baldur was killed by Loki, as were a few others (I think). It should be perfectly possible for a god to be killed.

Quote from: Ragster on June 17, 2012, 01:07:38 PMStory
This sounds pretty good, but I like the current version where there is a war between the gods. It creates two distinct sides, a central villain, and a purpose. In your story, there is no purpose for the original life forms to be evil. They're just described as destructive toward where they live. Also there wouldn't be any reason for the gods to intervene except to reseal the original life forms, and possibly ally with the humans.

Again, it's nice, but I feel like the one we have is better.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 17, 2012, 12:45:23 PMAs far as Europa goes, let's have it be a colony, and Earth is still habitable. The Gods want nothing to do with Europa, so they want to destroy it to make an example to their new subjects of their power. The main hero should be the King, and his mission, with the aid of some mortals, is to stop the Devil.
I like this. Putting the whole game on Europa is a little too unrealistic to me. That's not the perfect word, but it almost works.

What if we went with this, and Europa became the center of the evil power. That way it would be a location, but not the center, and we could still put the majority of the story on Earth.

Also, once we've agreed on the background of the story, I think that it would be good to either have the writers make a new thread, or to just send PMs to each other so that this thread is easier to read.

We will be using the latest version of GM.

(I got tired of looking for quotes.)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

Ok, Europa is the Realm of Evil, and the Villain has plans for the conquest of Earth, or something along those lines.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

So then we can have the main part of it be on Earth, but have the final level be Europa?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

TIMELINETIMELINETIMELINE(because I can)

So gameverse goes something like this.

100000 BG(Before Game) - A catastrophic event creates the universe(let's call it the Big Bang, shall we?). Out of the chaos, a single, all-powerful being emerges known as Villain(fill in the blank here). Using his godly godliness, he creates the stars, planets, and tons of other neat stuff.

90000 BG - By this time, more beings have emerged from the darkness. These lesser being called themselves the BlahBlahBlah(fill in the name here). These 7 gods used what Villain had already made and made their own thingy's, such as animals, trees, and life in general, along with a bunch of other neat stuff. One god emerges above all the others and is proclaimed King. Villain, being the all-powerful creature he is, does not fancy this idea, but decides to let these lesser gods play their little games.

85000 BG - Villain becomes bored with these simple minded beasts his lesser brethren and decides to create his own creature, the Human. He shapes their minds similar to his own, giving them the abilities to communicate, create, love, and hate. In order to keep himself entertained, he pits them against each other in bloody struggles over land, money, power, and ideals using his subtle influence.

70000 BG - By this time Villain has been creating chaos throughout the universe, creating and destroying as he pleases to try to rid himself of boredom. The God King orders him to stop his rampage, at which Villain scoffs. In an epic battle, the 7 gods subdue Villain and imprison him within a small moon orbiting around a gas giant near the humans' home planet. And all was quiet within the universe for many long years.

3000 BG -While the gods were resting, the humans were hard at work. Creating new machines, advancing in the sciences and mechanics of their world, expanding their minds to new philosophical concepts. But the humans have become too powerful. Through conquest, warfare, and industry, they have begun to destroy the world which the gods created and loved dearly. Knowing very well the monster that created these humans, they knew what these beasts were capable of. So the Gods created destruction amongst the Earth that would set these humans back thousands of years. Or so they thought.

1000 BG - The Gods once again rest, letting the humans do as they please. Though, to keep them in check, they created spontaneously occurring events of destruction such a hurricanes and earthquakes. But humans continue to build and persevere. By now they have advanced so greatly in industry that they can destroy hundreds of miles land with a single weapon.

200 BG - The Gods awaken to find the Earth in near ruins. But humans have not stopped. They are getting close to unlocking the means to build a weapon that could destroy the entire universe. They see that these humans must be destroyed completely. But the God King intervenes, seeing the good that exists within them. So the Gods begin formulating a plan that can save their precious Earth, while keeping the humans alive.

1 month BG - A gods have finally garnered enough power to set forth they're plan. But while in the process of reshaping the universe, a outside influence intervenes, causing all the have worked for to go haywire. The past, present, and future all begin melding together in a massive explosion which shakes the entire universe to its very foundation. The event is so violently catastrophic that it creates cracks in an impenetrable prison on Europa. Villain, feels his power return to him as  chaos seeps through the cracks of his prison and he breaks free. He creates 7 evil anti-gods mimicking the real ones. They find the gods, and destroy all but one. The King. During the battle, one of the Gods(Loyalty or something like that) used his powers to save the God King and make him untraceable, just before the final blow was struck against the King. The Universe fell into Darkness. The 7 Anti-Gods create large kingdoms on Earth and begin enslaving humans to do their bidding. They wage their human armies against each other for the fun of it. Villain mean while builds his own kingdom upon his former prison, awaiting the return of his most hated foe.

Start of Game - God King wakes up in a tavern located in Blahblahblah Town. He is human, and has no knowledge of being a god and is without memories of any kind. The only possession he has on him, other than his clothes, is a small golden pendant with strange writing engraved into it. He has the nagging feeling something is amuck, and sets out to find out what this strange trinket he carries is, as it might help him regain his memory.

Everything is here, from years to names to plot is editable. Just thought I'd bring something to the table going off some the ideas that have been thrown around as well as my own.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

I like it, but I'd rather that the god king has his memories. Else it's too DQIX-ey, and then there isn't a reason for him to defeat the evil side.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I also think that the King should have memories, but none of his powers.

Spyro

I like SFK's thing.

Anyway for the Europa thing.

If there were any levels or part of the story on the planet wouldn't it be kinda, I don't know, blah.

I mean, just rock EVERYWHERE. I think there needs to be more atmosphere to it.

SuperFireKirby

Actually, Europa's surface is mostly solid ice. But I get what you're saying.

Also, the no memory thingy was an idea I thought someone else had, so I threw it in there. Mabes not.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DryLuigi

To get around the Europa issue, we could say that either the humans or Gods have terraformed it. This would give a greater diversity in biomes and environments, while still retaining the otherworldy feel of it.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

K-NiGhT

That's what i was going to say lol

Spyro

Quote from: DryLuigi on June 17, 2012, 03:46:35 PMTo get around the Europa issue, we could say that either the humans or Gods have terraformed it. This would give a greater diversity in biomes and environments, while still retaining the otherworldy feel of it.
Yeah that'd be good. Then there can be trees, deserts, and whatever else that's cool.

SuperFireKirby

Well, since Europe is mostly just the final stage, there's not much need for different environments. The Villain is the most evil being the the universe, so doesn't a cold, barren landscape fit him perfectly? Plus it'll probably only involve navigating a small portion of Europa before you find up in the Villain's evil lair, which will be quite large and probably mostly indoors. So I personally think Europa is good as it is.