News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Spyro

So, I've decided I'll do Level Design.

Ragster

If this is going to take place that far into the future, I propose the idea that Earth is a dead wasteland due to the humans, and  they all decided to move their population to a either 1. a local massive space-station HQ with smaller stations that act as hotels, stores, and otherly human-ly needed places, or 2. The moon of Jupiter, Europa, where it's said to inhabit an atmosphere and ice.  Then, we can make it to where the wasteland of Earth is where all of the evil guys reside.

K-NiGhT

I like Maestro's idea, but I think that at the celebration of the gods is when the Villain can awaken, re-create the Seven Deadly Sins, and send them up to attack the other gods, kill seven of them, and nearly kill the king of gods by throwing him from heaven and stripping him of all his powers.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

DryLuigi

I really like the idea of setting it on Europa. That would lend itself well to interesting local terrain, flora, and fuana which would greatly help with designing unique enemies and environments.
The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -Douglas Adams

K-NiGhT

Okay, so from what I can see happening here, humans have destroyed Earth with their advanced weapons, and have quickly moved to Europa. Now they're quickly on their way to destroying this world, so the gods decide to intervene. When they're done, they don't realize that they had awakened the Villain, who the previous gods had sealed away in Europa many, many years ago. That sound right?

fabbemannen

k, I've read what you guys have thought of the story and it kinda seems like a mix between God of War, Lufia and Sonic Unleashed.
Someone sum up the concept-story and post it somewhere.

It might be good if we had a subforum for this, so we can have the story in one topic, graphics in one, programming in one etc.
Dropbox-folders should be shared between the respective workgroups while the topics are open for everyone involved.

But to get this thing into a position where we can actually start working on it, I think we should start thinking about artstyle and game-mechanics.
I personally vote for a classic birdview-style (similar to Link's Awakening/Oracle-games, but looking more modern/futuristic).
Later on we can discuss the battlesystem and if we should have random encounters or avoidable enemies (avoidable imo, but harder to script I assume)

Also, to make clear, we're using GameMaker 8? This one I mean

For fast contact:
fabbemannen@gmail.com
PM me on youtube (coollein)
Put something in the dropbox folder
Or just PM me here (I get email-notifications)

K-NiGhT

How about instead of making so many different topics, we PM convo with the members of our respective teams and post finished ideas here?

Jub3r7

The seven gods that represent the 7 virtues, after being manipulated by the Villain, become gods of their respective opposing sins?
Note that some of these aren't really opposites at all, but it would still work out anyways.

Patience -> Wrath
Diligence -> Sloth
Kindness -> Envy
Charity -> Greed
Temperance -> Gluttony
Chastity -> Lust
Humility -> Pride

I think the main character, the King, should represent humanity; I know this sounds really vain but the whole story put together would be human's loss of virtue and then fighting the 7 deadly sins to restore them. Of course, this representation wouldn't be stated directly but yeah, that's the general idea.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fabbemannen

@jub sounds like a nice idea. But the gods should have a different name. Maybe translate them all to latin?
Patience -> Patientia
Diligence -> Diligentia
Kindness -> Benevolentia

...or something else. But you get the idea

SuperFireKirby

There are some ideas that aren't really clicking with me. such as the ultimate power in the universe being reawakened because the gods threw a party. And why would the evil gods being residing on a dead planet(earth) if most of humanity moved to other planets/moons?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

That's the same problem I have with the distant planet version, if the humans abandoned earth, why would they care if it suddenly shattered? And why would the good gods be there anyway, they'd be residing in their own realm watching over the humans, they'd see that the prison is about to be broken and would step in before its too late.

My story banked on the Villain using his powers of manipulation to influence each of the gods to trigger his escape in order to deal with the human's problem.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

The Villain awakens because of the gods sudden intervention on Europa. As we all know, good cannot come too close without evil. And the gods watch over the humans so they would still be up in heaven but still watching the humans that are on Europa. The Villain is only partially awakened when he re-creates the seven deadly sins, which go to the gods celebration and kill them all except the king (miraculously)

Spyro

I really like the ideas.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 17, 2012, 12:05:09 PMThe Villain awakens because of the gods sudden intervention on Europa. As we all know, good cannot come too close without evil. And the gods watch over the humans so they would still be up in heaven but still watching the humans that are on Europa. The Villain is only partially awakened when he re-creates the seven deadly sins, which go to the gods celebration and kill them all except the king (miraculously)

But that just makes the Gods look incompetent, if they know this great evil is there, why would they let the humans go there?

Why wouldn't they be watching his prison all the time?

I like the idea of them being evil counterparts to each other, but to kill the other seven means we are dealing with some Norse style dieties.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Here's what I think about that.

These gods are actually not the same gods that sealed away the Villain. They are merely children of those gods, who have since passed their powers to their children. However, they did not pass over their memories, so the children had no knowledge of the Villain sleeping in Europa.