News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

blueflower999

^Sort of like the Runaway Five from EarthBound or the DCMC from Mother 3. Actually, that wouldn't be too bad an idea. You could be a band with all Medieval instruments, or a band with homemade instruments.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

I could see some inn with performers. One guy has a lute, an organ, etc. . . If you guys had music that you composed we could even put that into a different format and set it for that inn.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Spyro

Oh, FSM that would be awesome.

FSM-Reapr

That I can't promise, BUT I'LL TRY!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zunawe

Soooo. I haven't gotten much confirmation on much of anything right now. I know that fabbemannen said he would start some sprites after he got back from vacation or something like that. And I know that K-NiGhT is working on the story. However, I have nothing on anybody else. Right now the story should be in progress (and it is), and the sprites for the main character in the overworld should be underway. Because this is not happening as collectively as I'd hoped, I'm going to put up leaders for each team.

Artists: fabbemannen
Writers: K-NiGhT
Programmers: Me/DryLuigi (Unless somebody believes they have enough programming experience)
Composers: Maestro/pumpy_heart (However, I don't know how involved they want to be. I guess when the time comes you can work this one out among yourselves.)
Testers: jxjxjx (because that huge team definitely needed a leader)
Level Designers: SFK (Mostly because he seems to be showing the most enthusiasm)

This really isn't a big position, it's just a way to spread the responsibilities. That way I don't have to approve sprites, or galvanize everybody into working. These leaders should be involved in the project, and any problems  or minor questions you have should be directed toward them. Also, when we get farther along, give your work to them first to check over, and they'll send it to me if they're satisfied. Good? Good.

Artists, fabbemannen is not here right now, so I'm going to tell you to please start doing something. You have plenty right now. We have fifteen item suggestions, NPC animations, paths, bushes, grass, buildings, main character movement animations, menus, etc. . . The slower you guys are the longer the programmers have to wait to do specific things and the longer it'll take to get the levels built and so on.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

Also, I was thinking of doing this earlier, but never got around to it. What it seems like is that we want modern-ish weapons like guns included, but I decided I'd check. Don't vote twice because, of course, it's pointless.

Jub, did you just. . . I thought I was ninja'd because you said "I thought I signed up for testing." What was that?

I program things

Spyro

So, I'm on level design. Quick question. RPG's don't really have levels, more open world, right? So, what are we gonna be doing. Like, designing puzzles and stuff like that in the "levels" or dungeons, or whatever we are deciding to do?

Zunawe

Dungeons. If there's a puzzle, you guys create it. You might make a confusing map where there are a lot of loops and dead ends or you might choose the points to make paths back to the beginning for checkpoints. Also, you might decide where awesome treasure chests are, or maybe the overall theme of the dungeon. It's not really supposed to be "levels", more like how should the player have to progress through an area.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I agree. Basically, Spyro, think Pokemon for level design.

Also, I'm still working on the story. I'm kinda swamped with work and stuff, but I'm still working! Just...really busy :(
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

I think everybody is. I've got band camp and four AP classes to do homework for.

I program things

K-NiGhT

AND i have this big story that I've promised daily updates, so I usually try to work on the story after that. But since I do it late at night, I usually fall asleep before I get to it :/
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Spyro

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 31, 2012, 06:35:31 PMI agree. Basically, Spyro, think Pokemon for level design.

Also, I'm still working on the story. I'm kinda swamped with work and stuff, but I'm still working! Just...really busy :(
I haven't played Pokemon so that doesn't help me at all. Screenshots maybe? Or perhaps a different example?

I can make a quick, crappy, layout of a dungeon in MS Paint if you guys want.

FSM-Reapr

This is just in:

I can't get our music to you because of the copyright laws. If you would use our music, you would own all the copyrights to that music because we haven't. It's too complicated, sorry. :( (It's hard to be a cop's son. :P )

Zunawe

Okay. Just to be clear though, all credit for those songs would be given to you guys in the credits, and this project would, in no way, be made in the intent of making any money. Not completely sure if that changes anything.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Yeah, but if/when we get a deal from a record company, they won't be happy to know that someone else owns the copyrights to that song. :P
But you can make us play something the arrangementeam has wrote!
I'll post photos of us when I come back to use as models. Here's what I thought:
We play in a bar/town square/random locations, I play the lute, Karo sings/plays flute or something near to a sax, Make plays cembalo and Jake waits nearby with horse carts or some vehicle(If you talk to him, he could say something funny). My opinion.