News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The NSM RPG

Started by Zunawe, June 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We should include. . .

only medieval weapons with minor upgrades using technology.
10 (62.5%)
futuristic weapons that have been severely weakened, or become extremely rare. (i.e. laser guns with limited shots)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

jxjxjx

What type of program is this? Does it need to be installed?

fabbemannen

@k-night Sux D:
@ragster Feel free to come with some opinions and ideas at least
@jxjxjx It's a simple game-maker program. You can download it from Yoyo's site (or what they are called, search for Gamemaker 8.1, *cough*tpb for full version*cough*)

jxjxjx

I can be a tester if you like! :D The problem is that I only have lite

Zunawe

You don't need it to test. You can create a stand-alone executable in it, and the testers can use that if needed. Even then the lite version can run paid version games. They just can't use the paid features in the builder.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

K-NiGhT, where are you with the story percentage-wise?

Other people, I'm still waiting on concept art. And Dropbox emails. I believe I have three or four emails right now.

This is starting to slow down, so I'm thinking that we should start the items.

Artists, if you feel like making sprites of simple things like grass or houses, go ahead and talk to each other about that. Writers, wait for K-NiGhT's story and then you guys can edit it as you need.

If you can think of anything that you can do to keep this moving go ahead and post what it is you're doing and start. Just make sure it isn't anything that we should all be contributing to.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

About 10% :/ it's gonna be a bit
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

Okay. Just wondering. Somebody could probably help you if you sent them a skeleton, but it's up to you.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I can do that. I've been really busy.

SuperFireKirby

What is the POV for the game? Top-down, side-scroll, what? Because I would like to start making sprites. Further more, how should things look? Nice and clean, or pixely?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

Top down. And I think we're trying to go in the style of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

fabbemannen

So, that example-project that we got through dropbox, should we used those sizes on the tiles? If I'm going to start doing things, I want to know before starting.
Someone do some sprites so the rest of us can catch on. I would prefer a pretty small style on the pixels (kinda like pokemon uses their sprites)

Zunawe

^That was just a basic engine for programming. I was going to leave the size up to the artists. For now, try 16x16 or 32x32, and then if it's decided to go bigger, resize it and round edges.

I program things

fabbemannen

I'll try to get something started after a bikevacation I'm leaving on today. I don't feel like letting this project die just like that

Zunawe

I would hope it's not dying, just going slowly. If nobody feels like drawing stuff then the artists should go ahead and just make sprites. Decide what the visible features should be, and go. I don't want to wait forever on this.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

Can you put my band in the game?!!?!?!?! That would be so COOL! We could play like random locations or something! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)