News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Zunawe

You said:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 15, 2012, 12:58:28 PMI do not like Earthbound; it is quite weird (not only Giygas, both most of the whole thing :P), and doesn't really appeal to me overall.
And immediately jumped to:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 15, 2012, 12:58:28 PMI despise playing as Ness and Lucas and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, being that they don't deal much damage, and don't take a lot of hits easily without just flying off the stage (that's why their stage is so huge: to give them an advantage :P). Their final smashes are a bit lackluster, as I see the games. :P
I didn't see any break in the flow of what you were saying, so I assumed that you were linking the ideas.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 15, 2012, 01:12:46 PMWhile we're on the topic of Brawl, yes, their stage does give them quite an advantage: they can easily flee, and dash around the stage; if they are knocked back, they usually end up farther from the edge of the stage. The large distance makes it easier for them to use their PK Thunder attack to push themselves back up.
Technically, don't most of those ideas apply to. . . any player. Excluding the PK attack of course.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on June 15, 2012, 01:23:24 PMTechnically, don't most of those ideas apply to. . . any player. Excluding the PK attack of course.

Let's take Ike, for example (one of my favorite characters to use): He doesn't move too fast, deals TONS of damage, can take some hits before he's knocked back, and has a "finisher" final smash, although it does miss sometimes. Almost like a slightly lighter Ganondorf or Bowser.
He's better on stages like Final Destination, where his opponents can't run from him; where he can smash them up, and knock them off with a powerful blow (his counterattack also comes in handy in such close quarters combat). On larger stages, characters like Pit can easily hide and attack him as he's trying to march toward them.

Meta Knight, often considered on of the best characters, although good, is quite overhyped...
He's very fast, and is good on most stages, but with speed comes inaccuracy. If he misses even once, it leaves him vulnerable to an attack from characters like Ike or Donkey Kong; and with one attack comes a full fury. A master player can slay opponents with him, but they must be careful against others of their skill. I'm still a little on-the-edge with Meta Knight, and haven't brought him to such full potential.

Ah, how we've strayed far from the original discussion... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

What does Brawl have anything to do with franchises that might be brought over to the Wii U?

I doubt we will see anthing new from Earthbound anytime soon, quite possibly ever. As far as Nintendo other big franchises go, Zelda nor a 3D Mario were launch titles for the Wii, but they did come to great success. I'd rather wait for those few great games when the developers understand the fullest potential of this new system, rather than put out a lack luster product.

Sure, these few announced launch titles leave much to be desired, but keep in mind, there is still another five months for any meaningful announcements regarding games.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zunawe

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 15, 2012, 01:39:16 PMLotsa Brawl Stuff
What does that have anything to do with what I said?

(Does anybody want to say anything about my topic derailing skills anymore? ::))

I don't really want a breakthrough in new controls, because that means a bunch of gimmicky games that try to show off the uses. I want a good Zelda game (as an example) with a normal controller so that I can actually feel like Nintendo is trying to focus on pleasing their audience more than attracting a new audience.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 15, 2012, 01:51:34 PMWhat does Brawl have anything to do with franchises that might be brought over to the Wii U?

I doubt we will see anthing new from Earthbound anytime soon, quite possibly ever. As far as Nintendo other big franchises go, Zelda nor a 3D Mario were launch titles for the Wii, but they did come to great success. I'd rather wait for those few great games when the developers understand the fullest potential of this new system, rather than put out a lack luster product.

Sure, these few announced launch titles leave much to be desired, but keep in mind, there is still another five months for any meaningful announcements regarding games.

Well, first, we were talking about what we wanted to see on the Wii U, which lead to Earthbound, which lead to a discussion of SSBB. At least it's still Nintendo related...

As many have said, if these are the titles that will come out early on, imagine what will come out later? Many of the launch titles of the PS3 were rather mediocre, and yet look at the games now! Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (coming soon), Arkham Asylum and City (as were mentioned earlier), and even the download games like the Pixeljunk series, Comet Crash, and titles from previous games, including many Final Fantasy games.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Your basing your opinion of a game off of how much you like the characters in Super Smash Bros.? -_-

You know what? You don't deserve an opinion so I'm not even going to argue with you.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 15, 2012, 03:06:26 PMYour basing your opinion of a game off of how much you like the characters in Super Smash Bros.? -_-

You know what? You don't deserve an opinion so I'm not even going to argue with you.

>:( I NEVER SAID THAT. You seem to insist on misinterpretting every single word I say.
Certainly someone who can't even get another person's words right isn't able to argue?  :-\

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

No forums allow triple posting.  The proper way to do it is to have multiple quotes in a single post.

Also, "I NEVER SAID THAT" is not a valid rebuttal.

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2012, 03:30:09 PMNo forums allow triple posting.  The proper way to do it is to have multiple quotes in a single post.

Also, "I NEVER SAID THAT" is not a valid rebuttal.

I'm used to quoting each person individually... I'm still new here, so I don't know too much about how the forum works.

"The act of refuting something by making a contrary argument, or presenting contrary evidence." Yes, it is a valid rebuttal, at least by the technical definition: it is stating that the person's source is inaccurate, and, by extension, what they said about me.
I am willing to show respect in a debate unless the person deliberately misquotes me with the intention of (in some cases, maliciously) furthering their arguement or discrediting me.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Guys, let's not turn this topic into a real Brawl.  BlackDragonSlayer, it did sort of seem that you were basing your opinion of a game on their characters in Super Smash Bros., but that's obviously not what you meant, so I believe you.  SFK, you misundersdtood him.  Not a huge deal.  Let's just move on.

Zunawe

Restart E3 topic:
Wii U looks okay, but it looks like Nintendo is trying too hard to be original with their console. Like I said before, I'd rather just have good games than games with cool-for-a-little-bit controls.

*Stuff in argument forgotten*

I program things

Olimar12345

Zunawe uses his power of the topic derail for good!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

True, but the Wii U will be far more flexible than the Wii was, since not every game can use motion controls to their greatest effect or just throw them in just to use them, far more developers will be able to use the Game Pad in a conventional sense, and at its most basic an items screen for quick and fluent action. The Game Pad is far more conventional of a controller than the Wii-mote ever was, plus you can switch it out with the Pro Controller for a standard gaming experience.

I see great potential for the Wii U, it's up to the developers to waste it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zunawe

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 15, 2012, 07:14:14 PMZunawe uses his power of the topic derail for good!
I love you Olimar.

I program things

EFitTrainr

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2012, 03:30:09 PMNo forums allow triple posting.
Unless it's me in the tinychat thread. Remember that, kids.
I like food.