It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 14, 2012, 02:30:55 PMNintendo could have been ALOT stronger with the Wii U. SMBU, Nintendo Land, and game that were released on 360 and PS3 months ago? Not selling it for me.

It doesn't matter whether the games were released months ago, it just matters how good they are, and how good the Wii U's launch titles will be.
You're also forgetting games like Pikmin 3, and even the dreaded Wii Fit U.  :o
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Hype sells games. Batman just won't seem as fun now because it's "Oh, they're re-releasing Arkham City," instead of "They're making Arkham City!"

Also, I feel like Wii Fit U just sounds awkward.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

I've gotten that. . . Multiple times. . .
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on June 14, 2012, 03:12:18 PMAlso, I feel like Wii Fit U just sounds awkward.

XD XD XD

KefkaticFanatic

Just about all of the 3rd party launch titles are ports of games that have been out for months/years, so it's pretty awkward actually.

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on June 14, 2012, 03:12:18 PMHype sells games. Batman just won't seem as fun now because it's "Oh, they're re-releasing Arkham City," instead of "They're making Arkham City!"

Also, I feel like Wii Fit U just sounds awkward.

Not all people own the consoles that those games originally came out on; people aren't going to buy a PS3 JUST for Arkham City. Dedicated Nintendo fans will have just another reason to buy the Wii U, and new customers (mostly coming from other systems) will be enticed to 'try' the Wii U out because they know Arkham City is such a good game, and 'stay' for the (hopefully) Nintendo exclusives.
Nintendo got a bit behind in the console race, especially with the Wii (mostly for the fact that it does not have as powerful processing power as, say, the PS3). I feel like the Wii U is, using the PS3 example, almost like a PS3.5, instead of like a PS4.

That's why I used the word "dreaded" in front of "Wii Fit U." :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

But if Nintendo wants to win over PS3 and Xbox players who look at Nintendo as the non-hardcore friendly company, they need games that those players have not played before. New games> Old games every time.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

The problem is that there are hardly any first party Nintendo released in the first place, and recently fewer still haven't been gimmicked to hell.  All third party games are superior on other platforms (mostly PC)

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 14, 2012, 06:05:13 PMBut if Nintendo wants to win over PS3 and Xbox players who look at Nintendo as the non-hardcore friendly company, they need games that those players have not played before. New games> Old games every time.
Ah, not always true, especially with older, "classic" games. And, plus, as I mentioned, Nintendo has its own lineup of new, exclusive, games. Just because a game is new doesn't mean that everyone's going to play it; it has to be good as well.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 14, 2012, 06:15:59 PMThe problem is that there are hardly any first party Nintendo released in the first place, and recently fewer still haven't been gimmicked to hell.  All third party games are superior on other platforms (mostly PC)

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, is a relatively recent release on the Wii...
Upcoming: The Mario games (including Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon), Pikmin 3; and that's just for the first few titles. Think of what's to come in the following months!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 14, 2012, 08:48:06 PMslowpoke.jpg

I most certainly hope that you are not referring to ME!?  >:(

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

EFitTrainr

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 14, 2012, 09:14:09 PMI most certainly hope that you are not referring to ME!?  >:(
No, he's referring to himself, he IS slowpokemon, after all
(sarcasm)
I like food.

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, hardly.  That's the one Wii game released in the last year that has been remotely interesting.  Kirby games were meh.  Maybe DKC was decent, though I never played it.

I wasn't speaking about 3DS, that's a different problem.  I don't recall if Pikmin was supposed to be a launch title, but still that's one game that I might care about.  The new mario games aren't anything interesting or different like Mario Galaxy was, but rather glorified expansion packs for New Super Mario Bros.

It's good that they're finally gotten some decent titles out on 3DS, but I'm still going to wait until the new hardware is out whether it's a remodel or next generation.

I suppose being stuck as a Nintendo fanboy makes you ignorant of how little the platform gets in terms of content.

Major games released on most every other platform in just the past 6 months:

Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Diablo 3
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
Soul Caliber V

And there were plenty more released in the holiday season of 2011 as well as a bunch I didn't list for 2012.

me irl
[close]