The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

TheZeldaPianist275

That I can understand.  I completely agree about the first one.

Shadoninja

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 12, 2012, 04:37:43 PMAlso, I keep hearing how people are mad over the lack of Smash 4...I don't get it either.

They really shouldn't be. The game's very early in development at this point.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MaestroUGC

The development for Smash 4 at this point is as such:

[All the primary developers sitting at a table]
..."Anybody have any ideas?"
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

Ummmm, there was quite a bit of coverage on the new Super Smash Bros. actually. I can't believe you guys didn't see it! They're adding all new characters like Sly Cooper, Kratos, the Big Daddy, and even Fat Princess! It's incredible!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 12, 2012, 06:13:38 PMNo, they don't. Cars was abysmal, as was the second. And Brave is getting some meh reviews from what I've seen. Most of the others are good, though, my favorite being Ratatouille.

But you get my point. Consistently, annually, they're successful. 2 sucky movies from different years ≠ full year of suckiness (like Nintendo)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Lol, we have two different conversations going on at once.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 12, 2012, 07:31:18 PMUmmmm, there was quite a bit of coverage on the new Super Smash Bros. actually. I can't believe you guys didn't see it! They're adding all new characters like Sly Cooper, Kratos, the Big Daddy, and even Fat Princess! It's incredible!

Where did you see this? Show us!
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Zunawe on June 12, 2012, 07:53:59 PMLol, we have two different conversations going on at once.

Where did you see this? Show us!

Did you even read his post? :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 12, 2012, 07:31:18 PMUmmmm, there was quite a bit of coverage on the new Super Smash Bros. actually. I can't believe you guys didn't see it! They're adding all new characters like Sly Cooper, Kratos, the Big Daddy, and even Fat Princess! It's incredible!

OMG, I've never seen a reading on my troll-dar this high before!  I can't tell if you are just trying troll n00bs hard, or are just that ignorant!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Zunawe

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 12, 2012, 08:11:13 PMDid you even read his post? :P

Let me rephrase that:

[sarcasm]Where did you see this? Show us![/sarcasm]

Is that better?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on June 12, 2012, 08:16:42 PMOMG, I've never seen a reading on my troll-dar this high before!  I can't tell if you are just trying troll n00bs hard, or are just that ignorant!
Actually I was just making a joke at how similar Sony All-Stars Battle Royale is to Super Smash Bros.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

^ Actually looked entertaining, surprisingly
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Sure! It can be entertaining. But it's such a ripoff and everybody who plays video games knows it.

I program things

MaestroUGC

So, people will still buy it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Overall, I thought that E3 2012 was pretty good, but it could have been a little better. In my opinion, either Nintendo or Sony (out of the "big three" companies) won the show; Nintendo covered both of its major systems, the 3DS and the upcoming Wii U, while Sony had an overall better lineup for its games. Don't get me started on Microsoft...
For Nintendo, I would have liked to see a little more games relating to the "major franchises": e.g. Metroid, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. Although they presented 'Nintendo Land', it could have been much more, or something that would make viewers REALLY be excited for the Wii U.
As I heard on IGN, Sony didn't really show off very many (or any at all :P) of its Vita games. E3 would have been an amazing chance to attempt to increase Vita sales.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Nintendo could have been ALOT stronger with the Wii U. SMBU, Nintendo Land, and game that were released on 360 and PS3 months ago? Not selling it for me.