Zunawe Can Make Games!

Started by Zunawe, May 23, 2012, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

If you do I will be the first to play it. It will take you longer than a single summer though. Start on making sprites before you do anything else at all. Also, multiples of 2 are your friend. Most sprites should be 16 to 64 pixels in any dimension, even if they don't take up the whole space.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

the_last_sheikah

Me and my friends are trying to make an RPG, but we are having trouble getting started.  As it turns out, story is easy, but sprite work is a bitch.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Zunawe

Lol. I know. I tried to start one once.

Day 1: Figured out the story to a point where I could begin.
Day 2: Finished sprites for the hero facing all four directions.
Day 3: Finished sprites for the hero walking right.
Day 4: Gave up because it was exhausting and not worth the effort.

Do not do an RPG alone.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

RPG's need at least a small team to work on. A couple of programmers, an artist or two, and maybe a composer if you can find one. Me and my friends are going to make one starting during the summer, basing it off of a project two of the programmers made for their game design class. There's going to be five of us working on it at the start, with myself and the project manager financing it (mainly just buying the programs needed to put this thing together. And this is just for a traditional 2D Final-Fantasy style RPG.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

the_last_sheikah

4 days? try doing that same process in 1 day every few weeks since January.  :P

There's currently 5 people helping me, and the biggest problem is getting the sprites to look as good on screen as they do in my head.

These are the basic sprites for my main character, what do you guys think?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Zunawe

Lol. To me it looks like the symbol that appears when the computer can't read the picture.

I program things

Dude

Please upload it to imageshack or something.

We can't see attachments from your email. =/

Fleetstar The Flygon

That was the hardest game I've ever played in my life.
I got halfway through level 2.
Seriously, that was awesome! =D

Let me know if you're really going to make an RPG, 'cause although I'm not too brilliant with technology, at least I could help with the music.

Zunawe

Was it really hard? I mean, I know that it might be difficult in the later levels, but I can't see it being that impossible. What made it hard?

EDIT: Actually, I may have forgotten to reset the level count. I mess around with that to test things. There should only be small asteroids on levels 1-4. After level 1, check the top right of  the upgrades screen.

I program things

K-NiGhT

We (as a community) could make rpg's based off of some of our nice stories in the threads :0
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

Honestly, we have no shortage of people who could do it. If nothing else, it would have an amazing soundtrack. We would need more programmers I think.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I'm sure we could figure something out.

Zunawe

Why do I feel that we're leaning toward another community project? It would be cool, but a lot of work. There would have to be writers, artists, composers, programmers, managers, etc. . . Maybe next summer we could start organizing it.

I program things

K-NiGhT

Sounds cool. I can do the music and the storyboard :0 (I have some ideas)

Dude