News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White 2 News

Started by DrP, May 12, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Here's the new stuff from the latest CoroCoro Scans

Here's the breakdown:

Alder shows up early in the game and wants you to follow him.

Cheren is now the Normal-type Gym Leader

As a favor to Professor Juniper, Bianca gives you your starter Pokemon.

No one knows N's location.

Professor Burnett is new to the game, researching AR Searchers.

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus: Old Forms are called Incarnation Forme, New forms are called Sacred Beast Forme. These forms are # 198, 199, and 200 in the Pokedex, and their types remain the same.

Sacred Beast Formes are obtained by capturing the Pokemon in the Pokemon AR Searcher and sending them to Black/White 2.

Tornadus' Sacred Beast Form focuses on Defense, Speed, and Special Defense.

Thundurus' Sacred Beast Form has increased Special Attack.

Landorus' Sacred Beast Form has increased Attack.

Pokewood: New area where you can choose a scenario and make a movie, various battles appear; Replacing Musicals; Mecha Tyranitar is involved; Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen has confrontation with Homika's father, who wants to be a movie star.

Meloetta: Special giveaway Pokemon for upcoming movie; Level 15; Form Change occurs in Castelia City; Moves are Quick Attack, Confusion, and Round; Hold item is a PP Max.

Pokemon World Tournament allows you to battle many of the old Gym Leaders and Champions, including Lance, Volkner, Blue, Misty, Steven, Janine, and Blaine.

FluteNinja

That sounds AWESOME!!! :D Hope it's better than their predecessors
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

At last, the Kanto Champion battle music makes sense
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 12, 2012, 05:15:05 PMAt last, the Kanto Champion battle music makes sense

Heheheheh, that track has always, 'till now, been an enigma.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

jxjxjx

I heard the cheren is the first gym leader. There are also 2 new gym leaders: a poison type and a water type guy

Cobraroll

If you look closely at the Water gym leader, you'll notice a soldid design fail.

No, I'm not talking about the tan lines. Notice that his goggles are too small to cover his eyes.

Also, rumours are abound concerning the new formes of Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus. Some fans have noted that the original formes are all male, these could be female counterparts.
Others again point to Aztec mythology, where there are gods who could change from their human forms into a snake, a tiger and a green hummingbird (you might know the snake as Quetzalcoatl).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 13, 2012, 02:14:40 AMIf you look closely at the Water gym leader, you'll notice a soldid design fail.

No, I'm not talking about the tan lines. Notice that his goggles are too small to cover his eyes.
Maybe they're not meant to be used. Maybe they were given to him by his childhood swimming teacher who died and he wears it to honour them. Who are we to judge?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 12, 2012, 05:15:05 PMAt last, the Kanto Champion battle music makes sense
The epicness!  I can't handle it!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Funktastic~!

Everything about these games just seem amazing.  I can't wait to use the Pokemon World Tournament.  It seems like it'll be crazy fun.

How in the world will Game Freak top these games?

Nebbles

Good question! These games are loaded to the brim with awesome things.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: Funktastic~! on May 13, 2012, 10:10:05 AMHow in the world will Game Freak top these games?

Ruby and Sapphire remakes.  Please.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Roz~

Quote from: Bespinben on May 12, 2012, 05:20:24 PMHeheheheh, that track has always, 'till now, been an enigma.

An enigma? Not really. The theme was used in the 2011 Pokémon Worlds Championships finals. Apparently they made it just for that, but it'd be awesome if we could hear it in the next games.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DonValentino

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on May 13, 2012, 12:39:02 PMRuby and Sapphire remakes.  Please.

Now for 3DS and battle style and gameplay like Colosseum. Imagine, all cities and characters in 3d models. That'd be so awesome.

fingerz

Agreed! Looking forward to these games and hopefully a remake of RSE for the 3DS. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn