News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

"Drink Up Me Hearties" POTC

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, May 08, 2012, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

"Drink Up Me Hearties" POTC
Love this piece so much, it did a really good job of bringing the movies together and ending the trilogy.

Any takers?

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: K-NiGhT on May 08, 2012, 02:07:21 PMUh...we don't do movies
Yeah, I know, but can I still request it?

TheZeldaPianist275

Sorry, let me rephrase that:  I know movie requests are not the norm, but can I still request it?

K-NiGhT

I suppose, but it probably will not be put up on the site.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

I have a basic setup on my arrangements page. I could elaborate on it if you want. Here's the .mus link. Send me a PM if you would like a more accurate or complete version.

EDIT: Lol, maybe I should post the link instead of just saying I will.

Pirates
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

spitllama

If Zunawe's version does not suffice (haven't looked at it), that song would have to be the easiest thing to find on the internet. It's too popular to not already have a free transcription somewhere.

And yes you can request anything you want.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

I don't care if it's easily found. I'm doin' it! Pirates of the Carribean has the best movie soundtrack in my opinion. My current version is a scribble of notes that sounds like the tune, so it isn't strictly sheet music. Just guidelines. I'll arrange the song you put on the thread.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Piraes of the caribbean is far from the best movie soundtrack, jussayin, but anyway that song is in this book which is officially released by Disney. So I'd recommend buying the official sheet music, Disney typically has quality arrangements. I have the sheet music book for On Stranger Tides and they're all good arrangements.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Zunawe, thanks for the .mus.  I think that's actually just the main 'He's a Pirate' theme, not the more elaborate version I was looking for.  If you do wind up arranging it, I will be the first to download it.  ;D

Slow, thanks for that link!  I very well may buy it.

Zunawe

Yeah, I realized that. By the way, I meant one of the best. That's just my opinion.

School just ended, so I'll have time to do it. I probably will just so I can play it.

By the way, I only have NotePad, so I can't do the time signature changes in the beginning, would anybody be willing to just put in what I do in separate files into one file?

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

I bought the book.  Arrangements are great, but out of the 13 pieces on the OST, only nine are in the book.  Of the 9, only 3 are complete.  On Drink Up Me Hearties, the arranger just took out four measures arbitrarily.  Zunawe, I am anxious to see your arrangement.

SlowPokemon

Omg I hate when arrangements are incomplete.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Why would they be incomplete?... I think I would return the book. Sounds odd.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012