News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project!

Started by MaestroUGC, May 04, 2012, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How exciting is this?

Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Very Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Sign me up!
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Tangy

Ooh this is exciting! :) Looks great!

*Bicycle, though

SlowPokemon

I have a suggestion...uhm why not include Littleroot Town at the beginning before or after the Pokemon Center (which is NOT "Pokecenter" btw)? We're lacking in RSE songs...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Sweet. Um, shouldn't we put this whole operation under the "NSM Community Performance Project"? It would be a lot easier to find.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

Probably, but I can't move it, maybe someone who has those magical powers?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

insaneintherain

Is it too late for me to get involved in this? I certainly hope not. I could learn my part very quickly. I'd be on baritone sax, but I'm not sure if that'd suit the current instrumentation. (Hopefully not piano, since we already have so many.) I think it would be also helpful to newcomers to this project, like me, if a short summary of the schedule/what we as musicians need to do were to be posted on the front page of the thread so we don't have to go scrounging. :D

MaestroUGC

You are about two weeks too late, I've already begun to work on this and I really can't squeeze anybody in. However, I can still add in another piano part if you are willing. We haven't nailed down any specific schedule since most of us don't really know where we'll be or what we'll be doing by July.

By the way, this thing is really for the pianists anyway, the other instruments came about as a bonus. You can already see what we will be playing, so you can have a good idea how this will work out.

insaneintherain

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 19, 2012, 10:55:26 PMYou are about two weeks too late, I've already begun to work on this and I really can't squeeze anybody in. However, I can still add in another piano part if you are willing. We haven't nailed down any specific schedule since most of us don't really know where we'll be or what we'll be doing by July.

By the way, this thing is really for the pianists anyway, the other instruments came about as a bonus. You can already see what we will be playing, so you can have a good idea how this will work out.
No need to add the extra piano, that's fine. I'm not even sure if I would have had enough time during the summer :-D

FSM-Reapr

Man, I would like to join...  :-\

I'm a wizard with acoustic guitar and piano.

MaestroUGC

You should've gotten here a few weeks ago.

FSM-Reapr

I know I joined NSM few days ago, well NEXT YEAR'S MY YEAR!

MaestroUGC

This is sort of the trial run year, after this is all said and done, we can start planning out our next escapade.

JDMEK5

So do we rehearse simultaneously? Or is it just a recording thing like the piano project?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

I'd like a rehearsal, at least one, but that may not be possible. At the very least, I'm going to have a session with everyone to give them some direction, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Olimar12345

How much longer till the parts are passed out?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

That's a tricky answer...long story short a few weeks at most. I'm working on it as fast as a can, but real life stuff keeps getting in the way.