News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project!

Started by MaestroUGC, May 04, 2012, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How exciting is this?

Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Very Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Sign me up!
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

TheZeldaPianist275

This made mah day!!  I'm still totally in!

UnknownKirbyMan

I should still be in by then.
Unless something goes wrong...
Quote from: Nakah on October 28, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
I always respect my local poison herbalist.

Kman96

Oh? What is this?

And why is there a lack of percussion on this list? Surely you need some sort of backbeat to rest on... ;)

I'm in, but I'm not sure exactly- is this like a record-yourself thing or a let's-meet-up-in-some-random-place-and-play-music thing?

I like moosic. especially Video game moosic. Why else would I be here (besides TWG ::) )
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

I'm terribly sorry but we've filled our roster months ago, where were you 5 months ago when we started putting this together. Unless you can offer and instrument that isn't piano, I don't think I can squeez anybody in at this point. Otherwise your best bet is to hang around in case somebody drops.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Quote from: Kman96 on September 17, 2012, 12:52:04 PMAnd why is there a lack of percussion on this list?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 04, 2012, 01:18:42 PMParticipants:
MaestroUGC - Piano, Vocals (Baritone)
Fleestar The Flygon - Piano
UnknownKirbyMan - Piano
spitllama - Piano
Winter - Piano(?)
K-NiGhT - Piano, Violin, Organ(?), Voice (Bass)
Nebbles - Piano
JDMEK5 - Piano, Harmonica, Guitar
TheZeldaPianist275 - Piano
Tangy - Piano, Bass Clarinet
Jub3r7 - Piano, Vocals (Tenor)
fabbemannen - Piano, Metallophone
Dusk - Piano, Guitar
SuperFireKirby - Guitar, Percussion, Vocals (Bass)
Bespinben - Vocals (Tenor)
Zunawe - Trombone, Euphonium
Shadoninja - Electric Bass
Olimar12345 - Bass Trombone
pumpy_heart - Bassoon
MasterProX - Violin

You only have one percussionist, though... believe me, that is NOT enough. and I can barely play piano. I'm all about rhythm.
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

I was just taking people as they came, and I have no idea how to write for a drum set so I was just going to let SFK handle it for the parts that needed it. If you can offer some unique percussion than I'll see what I can do.

SuperFireKirby

If Kman can play Timpani, he's automatically signed up.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Oh definitely, I know exactly how to use a timpani.

spitllama

I'm a percussionist too.... but where would you guys find the opportunity to use school equipment and record stuff?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Kman96

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 17, 2012, 07:54:28 PMIf Kman can play Timpani, he's automatically signed up.

I love Timpani!
Quote from: spitllama on September 17, 2012, 08:36:02 PMbut where would you guys find the opportunity to use school equipment and record stuff?

We are currently recording things for the All-State competition...and my mom has some recording software I believe. I don't know. but the software my band teacher is using makes the Timpani sound horrid.

No promises on anything, though.
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

I'm not concerned with your filming/recording processes, but just don't promise something you can't deliver on when the time comes.

Nebbles

Hold on... since Pumpy left NSM, are we gonna replace him, or...?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Kman96 on September 17, 2012, 08:52:24 PMWe are currently recording things for the All-State competition...and my mom has some recording software I believe. I don't know. but the software my band teacher is using makes the Timpani sound horrid.
Software is 100% unimportant when it comes to recording. It's all about the hardware, bro. Microphones to be specific. Software, as far as sound quality goes, is just what you use to fix recording errors and background noise. Tell your band to get some Shure sm57's up in dat place!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Nebbles on September 17, 2012, 09:04:56 PMHold on... since Pumpy left NSM, are we gonna replace him, or...?
Ooh, good point.  Maestro, I think we have an opening for bassoon.  Unless he suddenly pops back in.  That would be an awesome way to go out.   :D