News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project!

Started by MaestroUGC, May 04, 2012, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How exciting is this?

Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Very Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Sign me up!
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on June 12, 2012, 10:38:08 PMIf you had to cut out 2 pieces, I would say...
1.) Mysterial's Theme
2.) Opelucid City

I agree. These two seem less important. As long as we have a battle theme, a few routes, pokecenter and mart, and a city or two, I think we're in good shape.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Bespinben on June 12, 2012, 10:38:08 PMThat is an excellent list. Much approval.

If you had to cut out 2 pieces, I would say...
1.) Mysterial's Theme
2.) Opelucid City

I am little confused though as to why you put both RBY Pokemon Gym and Elite Four. Some people use the titles interchangeably to refer to the same song. By Elite Four, are you maybe meaning the Gym Leader Battle theme?

Good, because those were the ones I was thinking of cutting. Also, yes, I meant the latter, I'll adjust the title once I begin to work on this.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Quote from: spitllama on June 12, 2012, 10:42:54 PMCall out both my favorites why dontcha -.-

Maybe I can rephrase this: I will give my liver to have Mysterial's Theme in the score :P If anything I'd suggest taking out some songs from R/B/Y. This is a general "pokemon" project, and R/B/Y is overbearing compared to the rest, as nostalgic as it may be.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

The only songs I would think to consider cutting from RBY *shudders* would be either S.S. Anne or Viridian Forest. Problem is Viridian Forest is plain awesome and creepy, and S.S. Anne translates really well to a large ensemble.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

This is the final set list:

1. Opening Theme - R/B/Y
2. Pokecenter - R/B/Y
3. Hearthome City - D/P/Pt
4. S.S. Anne - R/B/Y
5. Lavander Town - R/B/Y
6. Wild Pokemon Battle - R/B/Y
7. Anime Theme Song
8. Bycicle Theme - G/S/C
9. Mt. Coronet Peak - D/P/Pt
10. Battle World Champion - B/W
11. Viridian Forest - R/B/Y
12. National Park - G/SC
13. Canalave City - D/P/Pt
14. Pokemon Gym  - R/B/Y
15. Elite Four/Gym Leader - R/B/Y

Most of the transitions will be based on R/B/Y themes, either as reprises or motivic glue.

I have also enlisted the help of a cellist and a pianist for this project, the  former is a very good friend of mine, the latter is an old forum member.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Cool. But you forgot UN Owen Was Her?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

Here's the plan:

I'm going to start building the medley on Monday, in order to make this work, once it's finished each player will recieve their part along with a second piano part that marks their cues (essentially the main melody and base line), each part will indicate the instrument/number and the player's name. I will be using your forum names for the score.

Estimated completion date: July 2nd, 2012

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MasterProX