Sign me up!
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

K-NiGhT

Oh, by the way I'm central standard time USA
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on May 21, 2012, 04:51:17 PMDoes this involve webcam?
Most likely, unless you have a way to get to either me or a group of people and rehearse at one time.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jub3r7

Hearthome City Orchestra, performs once a year at the Contest Hall?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MaestroUGC

I think NSM Community Orchestra will work better, seeing as how we don't have enough people to even call ourselves a chamber group.

Let's try this:
The NSM Community Orchestra presents:
[Title of the Arrangement/Concert Title]
Performed by the NSM Piano Ensemble and Members of the NSMCO
Venue: Something Pokemon Related.

We can use this format each time we do this, and it allows for us to grow into and actual symphonic group. In fact, we could actually piece together a sort of cyber-concert with this as the main performance. We could break down into smaller groups and play pieces that won't be featured in the main medley, and maybe a few one-offs (pieces not from pokemon, but something to bring in a little variety), nothing from any other expansive franchises (Mario, Zelda, etc.)

Just an idea, there's enough material to put together a 2 hour concert, making this a glorified piano recital.

Greg

I'm in PST.

Also the Dialga/Palkia Battle music from D/P/Pt would be great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mv8AxBTlJ0

Bespinben

We could do something like what this guy did (it's an orchestral medley of various RBY songs):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtF42SY2lE8&list=LLwZ6uWSeMe3eW44h2DpRlfA&feature=mh_lolz

Best part is the guy gave a link to the sheets.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

It would also be cool if we organized groups of people for each song. That would lighten the load on those who couldn't learn all the music as fast. And we could start with everyone at the beginning doing the main theme from red/blue/yellow.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

spitllama

Hopefully when Maestro takes into account everyone's skill level, we'll all be able to learn our pieces by the same time. At least, that'd be ideal!

Also Maestro I think you can take the poll down. And thanks for making this arrangement! We all appreciate it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fabbemannen

I feel like I'm one day late after reading through all these 10 pages ._. (exc. some grammarnazi's)
It's 'cause of stuff like this I'm on a site like this ;D

IF by any means you need another one, I'm here for you guys.
Piano, flute (I haven't had a good lung-capacity lately though), not-incredibly-hard guitar, metallophone 1½ octave (starting from C, ends with G).

I've only done one uploaded cover with multiple instruments for a simple song, but here it is anyhow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-TBH4IYnU (I can't get that quality on the flute live though)
Oh wait, had this one for the Metallophone (too many mistakes though, just learned the song >.<) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgmlRSPaoI

For other "not-really-perfect-since-I-am-worse-at-playing-while-recording-if-it-is-not-for-someone-else-that-is"-pianovideos, just check related stuff 

MaestroUGC

Like I said before, like six times, I'm taking into account everyone's skill level while arranging this. Rehearsal will most likely come to putting everyone in groups, with one of the stronger pianists leading them in how to perform with the group. Most of this piece will center around the stronger players, with everybody else coming in around them with whatevery part I feel they can perform the best. That doesn't mean that the same five or six people will be playing the melody the entire time, they will be the anchor of all of this.
If you guys want to split into smaller groups to work on your own, that would be fantastic. If you want to pair up for duets or what have you and play other pieces for this event, more power to you.

fabbemannen, I'm going to add you as a pianist and metallophone player, I could use the timbre of that instrument to great effect if given the chance.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Oh, bother... D: I thought this whole project was like the YouTube video on the first page: each person sends in a part and with editing we combine it all. I'm afraid I can't do it, since I'm only 12 and... Yeah XD

MaestroUGC

Are you sure? If you don't want to do it that's fine, but could I at least get a reason other than "I'm 12"? Money, time, equipment?

If ability is a problem, don't worry I will accommodate everybody.

Fleetstar The Flygon

It isn't a matter of ability or any of that stuff, just my protective parents: I'm a child meeting with a bunch of strangers(no offense XD).
I dont think they'll let me do it; I can try to persuade them, but it probably won't work...

SuperFireKirby

Use a webcam without telling them? Or say that you know us irl or something along those lines. Parents are pretty easy to fool when it comes to technology related things.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!