News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on June 01, 2013, 07:57:11 AMSo there is already an arrangement of this up, but that arrangement really isn't up to the quality criteria.

You don't say.

GJ! ;)

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

Very nice! Well, let's get right down to it shall we?

-Couple formatting things, but well done on noting Junichi Masuda as sole composer. That is true. I figure that it'll be easier to show you the formatting problems as opposed to tell you so a file with all the changes I've noted here is at the bottom of this post.
-Time signature - Maybe write it as cut time? I mean, it's not wrong the way you've done it, but most music nowadays uses common and cut.
-Measures 11, 13, 15, and 17 - Double dots should not be used here. Use dotted halves tied to an eighth.
-Measures 11-16 - Olimar's gonna slam you for having a note in the second layer above one in the first. I do realize sometimes this has to be done, but Olimar's not gonna let that stay that way. :P

With Changes
I juiced up your drums because I could hardly hear them. Finale always plays the drums too quiet in my opinion.
I'm afraid I did something to measure 26. You might want to check the right hand.
Had a bit of drum non-existence in measure 44. I replaced it with what I thought would go there but I'm not sure so you may want to have a look at that too.

Don't replace your old file with this one unless you're really sure you want to!

Other than that, good for you!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

Thanks!
well:
-I'm pretty sure the official name of the song is "Decisive Battle! Steven", excluding "Stone". And I also have an understanding that when writing the games in the sub-title, you're not supposed to write "versions" - I might be wrong, but I think I read a discussion where this was decided.
-time signature - cut time and 2/2 is exactly the same thing, so there is no reason to bother changing it. Besides, I think it is inelegant to use common and cut when there are time changes - here it goes to 3/4, and then back.
-dotting-is there a reason I can't double dot here? In my opinion double dotting should be used here.
-layer use?-Even if Olimar says so, that shouldn't have anything to say - it's probably how the notes are flipped you are referring to - and regardless of which layer you use, you could just flip them the right way. Besides, I haven't used the second layer at all at measures 11-16? You are probably reffering to 21-26, but the only place I have a second layer note above a first layer note is at measures 25-26. But I will use the speedy entry tool to make this look better, so thanks for making me aware of that.

In addition to that, I believe there is something wrong with the file you sent me. Because the drum beat is moved one measure back at certain places (which explains why you didn't have any at measure 44), and everything that is in the second layer is moved ten measures back? Perhaps something weird happened when you opened the file? If you think this is the case, try looking at the PDF to compare.
And the drums I'll probably have to remove anyways, though, if I want to submit this thing. :)

Sorry, JDMEK. Thanks for going over, but I don't think I will do anything about the things you pointed out.  :-\
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

Quote from: Jompa on June 01, 2013, 01:25:25 PMAnd I also have an understanding that when writing the games in the sub-title, you're not supposed to write "versions" - I might be wrong, but I think I read a discussion where this was decided.
I always have because it looks more professional and nicer (but mostly professional). If you don't want to there's no rule saying you have to  so go ahead and leave it.

Quote from: Jompa on June 01, 2013, 01:25:25 PMSorry, JDMEK. Thanks for going over, but I don't think I will do anything about the things you pointed out.  :-\
Lol ok.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

FireArrow

Oh, I need to print dangerous dinner! Also, you should arrange the "Battle! Champion Hoenn" from BW2 since you already did the original.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

Quote from: FireArrow on June 06, 2013, 05:02:16 PMAlso, you should arrange the "Battle! Champion Hoenn" from BW2 since you already did the original.
Nope. It's mine! :P

My Arrangements

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

See, my plan is to do all the Gym Leader Battle remakes in BW2, and then do all the Champions.
Oh and that means for both solo piano and two pianos.

So far, I've got Kanto and Sinnoh Gym Leaders done. I'm currently working on Johto.

My Arrangements

Jompa

I was bored and everything - So I made an arrangement of Professor Elm's Lab for marching band! :)

Pokémon Gold, Silver & Crystal:
Professor Elm's March ~ (Professor Elm's Lab for marching band)
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

So I've been without my Mac for two weeks, meaning no arranging... or..?
In Italy there was nothing to do on the beach all day, so I have been playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on my cousin's jailbreaked iPhone, and of course I came across a cute little theme - the City/Town theme.
So I arranged this piece (with pen and paper may I add), just now translated it over to Finale, and here it is:

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town:
City/Town
MUS
MIDI
PDF
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Jompa

Birdo for Smash