Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

No--the original has an ensemble of instruments such as trumpet and others (plays in the very first scene of episode 1) the "Soshite" version is just high piano (plays after the climax of episode 6)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

I don't think I've listened to that one.. So I just assumed that the trumpet one was it.. I'll listen to it when i get home.
But this is just piano anyways, so it doesn't really matter tho..
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Well they aren't exactly the same but either way the one you arranged is the better version

DonValentino

Another A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
arranger, I see...  8)

btw, I think the site should have a little section for anime arrangements, don't you?

Jompa

Thanks.

That would be very weird, Warioman!!?
This isn't an anime sheet music site :P

^That is what I feel obligated to say; what I really think is: that'd be awesome!

...but really though I don't think that would make sense
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Oh my god, I didn't even know that song existed (the Soshite version)..
I think I must have missed it, but no wonder really - I can't find it on YouTube, I found it here..

But I just realized something - when I arranged my version, I put an Fmaj9 chord at the end. The reason I did this, was because I was 99% sure that the song ended that way, but when I listened to the YouTube clip, It didn't end like that. But the Soshite version does! So I subconsciously remembered that ending (from when I must have watched it on the show) instead of the usual one (probably because it is a very nice chord to end on) and therefore I was sure that it was the correct ending..
I decided to keep it in, because it sounded so good :3 But instead it was the ending to another version :P
haha, a bit scary how I remembered that, without remembering the song..
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

A good arrangement, could be more accurate, but it definitely is a great translation to piano.

Now I ask your help with something. I have a half finished arrangement of "Confessions of Haruhi," (can't remember Japanese name) the piano solo when she tells him about the baseball game.

This is what I have so far--I wondered if you'd be willing to finish it as a collaborative arrangement? If you want to, thanks, if not, I'll just finish it some other time. :)

Jompa

Slow, I have a weakness in my arranging style. That weakness is impatience. Of course, my patience isn't "bad", but I have a limit.
I can usually tell when an arrangement is gonna use up my patience, and this song is one of those songs. Just look at yourself, it seems like you hit some kinda wall, and didn't wanna do it anymore.
The thing is, my counter-measure for impatience is, like everyone else, motivation, and my motivation is driven by the fact that the song I'm arranging is to a degree thrilling and cool --> please don't judge me, that's just how I am. I am a fan of the genre of jazz and funk, so that's what I think is cool; others are fans of other styles.

The thing about "Haruhi no Kokuhaku" ("Confessions of Haruhi") is that it is a very calm and slow song, focusing a certain amount on tension between substitute chords and all that fun..
It is like a different type of arranging. I honestly don't like that type of arranging. It's not that it's too complicated, it's just that I don't like it, and it doesn't necessary sound good in most cases. People like Bespinben are amazing at this type of arranging (I've noticed; you are pretty good at this type, yourself too), but I don't know how much help I would be, considering that I'm likely to loose motivation, and quit working on it.
I've tried five times, arranging "Aru Ame no Hi" ("That Rainy Day"), but I've just had to quit, and I know it's gonna be the same with this song, if I try to arrange it.

I'm very sorry Slow, but I decline your request for help.

It's not like you need my help anyway! Just look at what you have so far! It's great. It's better than what I can imagine myself doing! Keep up the good work and this will be great!

Again, sorry I can't help. Good luck!:)
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

XD I appreciate the thought! I basically was a bit stuck figuring out the left hand and then other arrangements came along which were more interesting. I really like these types of songs, like my recent "Folsense" arrangement--that turned out well so I don't really doubt I could do this if I put my mind to it. I just thought since I was putting it on hiatus and you like Haruhi arrangements you might want a piece of the action! I'll finish it myself eventually.

Also yeah, "Aru Ame no Hi" (which I think is the Japanese title of "Someday in the Rain") seems very hard to arrange. Not going to attempt that one yet. XD

Jompa

Thanks for considering me! Really!:)
Good luck

And your Folsense arrangement rocked!
I hadn't heard the song before though. It really reminded me of a really really beautiful song from the visual novel "Kanon", and also a very very very beautiful song from the visual novel "Little Busters!". :)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Smooth-jazz/slow-boogie remix of the classic, Pallet Town.
Not really a submission, but it's going up there

Pokémon Red, Blue & Yellow:
"Pallet Jazz"
MUS
PDF
MP3

:)
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yugi

How did you save as an MP3

Because I'm trying to upload some of my arrangments onto youtube.

Jompa

I'm using a Mac, so that might be something. There is a command under "file" called "export to audio file", which creates mp3's and such. But I think you need a better version of Finale than NotePad to do it anyway. I can't do it on Finale NotePad 2012, but since I'm mainly using FinalePrintMusic 2009 anyways it's not a problem for me.
If you're using NotePad, I don't think there's a way to do it :/

Lol, Nebbles
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Jompa on January 26, 2013, 03:50:37 PMI'm using a Mac, so that might be something. There is a command under "file" called "export to audio file", which creates mp3's and such. But I think you need a better version of Finale than NotePad to do it anyway.
I could have said this ;_;