News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garlicbananas

Oh wow, man.  This stuff is great!  Totally loving your Driftveil City Concert Band Arrangement.  Always been one of my favorite tunes in Black/White and you definitely did it justice.  And then some!

Keep it up, I'll be sure to follow you from now on.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Jompa

Quote from: spitllama on January 01, 2013, 02:26:49 PMHoly crap when did you do these? This is my favorite tune from the game! I am excite ^_^
Haha, I did those when the soundtrack first came out, back in July, hehe ^^
Quote from: SlowPokemon & Waddle Bro on January 01, 2013, 04:06:36 PMReally, really excellent.
Quote from: garlicbananas on January 01, 2013, 05:56:39 PMOh wow, man.  This stuff is great!  Totally loving your Driftveil City Concert Band Arrangement.  Always been one of my favorite tunes in Black/White and you definitely did it justice.  And then some!

Keep it up, I'll be sure to follow you from now on.
Thanks a lot! I have many more in progress, so be sure to check back sometime
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Two new arrangements:

"Shopping Mall R9" is a remake version of the old PokéMart theme, used at the shopping mall in Black and White.

Shopping Mall R9 - four hands
MUS
MIDI
PDF

So I was just playin' some Black, when I stumbled upon the "monthly ferris wheel events" - this happened during fall, so the person I had to ride the ferris wheel with, was Clerk Trisha. If you don't know about these events, then I can tell you, they're Nintendo's secret attempt of making a dating sim. The Clerk Trisha event is a bit creepy, and somewhat sad. I actually started crying (tho I start crying from anything). My character is a boy. These girls actually start hitting on you even if your character is a girl :P
Anyways, the background music in these events is just so perfect, I had to arrange it:

Ferris Wheel for Two
MUS
MIDI
PDF

It's kinda cute..
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Pokemon Black and White

-The only Nintendo games where there are bi-sexual NPCs

Anyways, love both of them. :D

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on January 12, 2013, 06:08:53 AMSo I was just playin' some Black, when I stumbled upon the "monthly ferris wheel events" - this happened during fall, so the person I had to ride the ferris wheel with, was Clerk Trisha. If you don't know about these events, then I can tell you, they're Nintendo's secret attempt of making a dating sim. The Clerk Trisha event is a bit creepy, and somewhat sad. I actually started crying (tho I start crying from anything). My character is a boy. These girls actually start hitting on you even if your character is a girl :P
Anyways, the background music in these events is just so perfect, I had to arrange it:

They occur daily in BW2. I had Nursery Aide June first, that sweaty woman who just wants to have a bit of fun, which is now horrifying because of what I've read.

"In the Japanese versions of Black 2 and White 2, Nursery Aide エナツ Enatsu (June in English) admits to being a man disguised as a woman in order to be a Nursery Aide, but this dialogue is cut from the English games."

So disgusted right now.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Wow, Jompa, Pokemall is great. But I would extend the duration of the quarter note in the second measure before the glissando. Other than that, it's perfect.
Your Ferris Wheel is beautiful as well!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 12, 2013, 07:45:47 AMThey occur daily in BW2. I had Nursery Aide June first, that sweaty woman who just wants to have a bit of fun, which is now horrifying because of what I've read.

"In the Japanese versions of Black 2 and White 2, Nursery Aide エナツ Enatsu (June in English) admits to being a man disguised as a woman in order to be a Nursery Aide, but this dialogue is cut from the English games."

So disgusted right now.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Clanker37

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 12, 2013, 07:45:47 AMThey occur daily in BW2. I had Nursery Aide June first, that sweaty woman who just wants to have a bit of fun, which is now horrifying because of what I've read.

So disgusted right now.
That is the best ever! Game Freak really has a great sense of humor! xD

Jompa

Slow inspired me to make a piano arrangement of "Soshite, Itsumo no Fuukei" from "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu" (known better as "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya").
This is the first song we hear on episode 1 - and it plays while Kyon's talking about Santa Claus 'n stuff.
It also plays later in the season, at the start of the episode where Kyon removes the word "self-proclaimed" from the Brigade members' titles. 
It disappears for season two, but is more or less replaced by "Meeting Time" (which I'm subconsciously working on). Though this song is only half as good as "Soshite, Itsumo no Fuukei", but if you take to account that "Soshite, Itsumo no Fuukei" is absolutely awesome, then being only half as good is very very good as well. :)

Other than the link in the title, there are several other versions: two AMAZING remixes were used in the movie, "The Disappearance", and the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra performed an amazing version, as well:
"Itsumo no Fuukei Kara Hajimaru Monogatari" which means "The Usual Way to Begin the Opening of an Epic".
"Itsumo no Fuukei De Owaru Monogatari" which means "The Usual Way to End the Conclusion of an Epic".
Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra version  + "Gekiretsu de Karei Naru Hibi", which also is an awesome song)

So for the name:

I know enough Japanese to understand this much: "Itsumo" means "the usual" or "like always" - it's like saying "it happened like it always does" or "I'll take the usual".   

Then we have "Soshite", which from what I understand, is kinda like "as always" or "and, as always" (like "Itsumo" is, but "Itsumo" is more like "the usual" "the never changing everyday routine" while Soshite is more like "because of that -> therefore always" kinda. I suck at explaining.. 

"no" is kinda like the same as "of" - just that the word in front of "no" is the word that in English would be behind "of" - so it's flipped. 

By searching the web, I found out that "Fuukei" translates to "scenery". It may also be "that everyday routine". Kinda explaining the setting when walking to school or work like you do everyday, and will for a long time -> that scenery. 

So from this I've decided to call it "As Always, the Usual Scenery" in English.
"Soshite, Itsumo no Fuukei" would literally be "As Always, the Scenery of Usual" but that doesn't sound too smart, does it? 

Wow a lot of talk :O I guess I'll present the arrangement: 

Soshite, Itsumo no Fuukei ~ Satoru Kousaki

MUS
MP3
PDF   

And this is totally playable.
I'll leave some wise words: "If Jompa can do it - then you definitely can too...unless you're loosing an arm or something..."
And Jompa can do it perfectly! I might do a vid sometime actually..
I have totally brainwashed my class mates by this super catchy song - if I start humming, they join - and by "they" I mean every single person in my class.

I changed the key signature from F#/Gb to F, because that's much better to read, and play..

This is not a submission! Critique will most probably not be "cared about", but please critique - really, please critique!

The reason I'm not posting this in my "Non-video games arrangements thread" is because I don't really care about that thread that much, besides - I don't really like to have it as a Non-video game thread, it is supposed to be my compositions. So yeah..

Well, salute people! I apologize for not arranging for the site too much lately.

Seeya
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I'll look at it later but it actually means "Later, The Usual Scenery." Soshite means later and it fits as it plays after the climax of episode six. I like this piece but I like the original better (the original Itsumo no fuukei rather than the Soshite version).

I'll definitely check it out later!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 15, 2013, 08:35:32 AMI'll look at it later but it actually means "Later, The Usual Scenery." Soshite means later and it fits as it plays after the climax of episode six. I like this piece but I like the original better (the original Itsumo no fuukei rather than the Soshite version).

I'll definitely check it out later!
Huh? They are the same song, aren't they? It has just been mislabeled a lot on YouTube, I mean, I too just call it Itsumo no Fuukei, instead of Soshite, Itsumo no Fuukei..?
But you are right, when I think about it Soshite means "and then..."
Birdo for Smash