News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 07:14:21 AM... as you may have noticed, I like using hidden tracks in my songs which may take a while with this one - and no, I won't exclude them this time either :)

k. I like those hidden tracks, anyways.

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 07:14:21 AM...some people are just...

ikr?  :o

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 07:35:04 AMWould YOU prefer it as a 12/8 or a 4/4 with swing eights? :)

Hmm... Good question... But I think that 4/4 with swing eights fits better the song. You know. Sounds 'swingy'. lol

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 07:47:47 AMHmm... Good question... But I think that 4/4 with swing eights fits better the song. You know. Sounds 'swingy'. lol
It's just that there are so many tuplets, but sure, I'll go with 4/4 - makes it easier to read - lot of people don't understand the concept of 12/8 and 6/8.
I'll get right to it :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 07:54:55 AMIt's just that there are so many tuplets, but sure, I'll go with 4/4 - makes it easier to read - lot of people don't understand the concept of 12/8 and 6/8.
I'll get right to it :)

Wait a sec... If there is swing all over the song, you don't need to put every single tuplet! Finale can make a song swing just by doing this:

Expression Tool>Double click at the beginning of the song, where the tempo mark is>Tempo marks>Select "Swing!">Click Assign>All done. This will be done automatically.

See, for instance, DekuTrombonist's Overworld arrangement from SMB3: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheets/SuperMario/SuperMarioBros3/Overworld.mus

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 08:55:20 AMWait a sec... If there is swing all over the song, you don't need to put every single tuplet! Finale can make a song swing just by doing this:

Expression Tool>Double click at the beginning of the song, where the tempo mark is>Tempo marks>Select "Swing!">Click Assign>All done. This will be done automatically.

See, for instance, DekuTrombonist's Overworld arrangement from SMB3: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheets/SuperMario/SuperMarioBros3/Overworld.mus
That's actually what i meant ^^ I weren't planning on to put every single tuplet, but where there are triols(three tuplets, I don't know how to explain, but I think you understand) would be more of a pain than in 12/8. Don't worry, I know finale inside-out so I know what you're talking about.
Also you just made a mistake: In addition to assigning the swing eights expression, you have to click MIDI>human playback>jazz>THEN it's all done. :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 09:19:02 AMThat's actually what i meant ^^ I weren't planning on to put every single tuplet, but where there are triols(three tuplets, I don't know how to explain, but I think you understand) would be more of a pain than in 12/8. Don't worry, I know finale inside-out so I know what you're talking about.
Also you just made a mistake: In addition to assigning the swing eights expression, you have to click MIDI>human playback>jazz>THEN it's all done. :)

Oh, ok then.  :)
A tip for creating tuplets: when you put the first note of a triplet press 9 and it will create a triplet instantly. Trust me, saves time!  :D
Didn't now that.  :o I just put the swing eights expression and nothing else. Good to now!

Also:
Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 07:03:37 AMAnd National Park is sweet! Only things, that right hand of measures 14, 15, 18 and 19 should be an octave higher. Oh, and you forgot to put Junichi Masuda as a composer too. Also, you should put the title and composer in bold and the copyright in plain, because that's what the sacred Formatting Guidelines say. The rest is flawless!

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 12:31:46 PMA tip for creating tuplets: when you put the first note of a triplet press 9 and it will create a triplet instantly. Trust me, saves time!  :D
Already know :) I recently started using the keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING: example: Remove parenthesized accidental: alt>shift>+. I've been cramping all these shortcuts for three weeks now - and it's worth it, saves so much time haha.

Hey Warioman, this is what I have so far; if you wanna have a look go ahead  :D
Unfinished SSBM~SMB3
QuoteAnd National Park is sweet! Only things, that right hand of measures 14, 15, 18 and 19 should be an octave higher. Oh, and you forgot to put Junichi Masuda as a composer too. Also, you should put the title and composer in bold and the copyright in plain, because that's what the sacred Formatting Guidelines say. The rest is flawless!
I see, thanks for pointing this out for me! I'll fix up my stuff! :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 12:43:56 PMAlready know :) I recently started using the keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING: example: Remove parenthesized accidental: alt>shift>+. I've been cramping all these shortcuts for three weeks now - and it's worth it, saves so much time haha.

Hey Warioman, this is what I have so far; if you wanna have a look go ahead  :D
Unfinished SSBM~SMB3I see, thanks for pointing this out for me! I'll fix up my stuff! :)

I should learn more shortcuts. I just know the triplet one and some others like Alt>Shift>+/- to reduce the text size.  :-[

Wow! Sounds awesome so far! You've really transcribed the felling of the song! Little 'constructive' feedback (as I call it), though: I'm 99.99% sure that on measure 24 the pattern from measure 8 (piano 2, right hand) is repeated. I thought about putting it for the right hand in a second layer because it can be perfectly played, so the right hand of piano 2 (talking about measure 24) can still play the part that is already there, which is also ok.

And also, the part when the World 1 music starts I think it should be both f instead of mps, and then when it finishes yes, a p.

I can't wait to see the complete version!! This is one of my favorite songs in Melee, btw.

And sorry to be annoying, but...  :P

Quote...And National Park is sweet! Only things, that right hand of measures 14, 15, 18 and 19 should be an octave higher. Oh, and you forgot to put Junichi Masuda as a composer too. Also, you should put the title and composer in bold and the copyright in plain, because that's what the sacred Formatting Guidelines say. The rest is flawless!

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

Your National Park duet is very, very nice! I'm considering nagging a friend of mine to play it with me.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on July 19, 2012, 01:14:59 PMYour National Park duet is very, very nice! I'm considering nagging a friend of mine to play it with me.
You think so?  :D I thank you for your compliment! if you and your friend will play it, you should record it so I can see your performance :)
edit: check out my new one piano version if you'd prefer to play it on one piano instead of two, tho it's not as good as the two piano version.
Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 01:06:03 PMI should learn more shortcuts. I just know the triplet one and some others like Alt>Shift>+/- to reduce the text size.  :-[

Wow! Sounds awesome so far! You've really transcribed the felling of the song! Little 'constructive' feedback (as I call it), though: I'm 99.99% sure that on measure 24 the pattern from measure 8 (piano 2, right hand) is repeated. I thought about putting it for the right hand in a second layer because it can be perfectly played, so the right hand of piano 2 (talking about measure 24) can still play the part that is already there, which is also ok.

And also, the part when the World 1 music starts I think it should be both f instead of mps, and then when it finishes yes, a p.

I can't wait to see the complete version!! This is one of my favorite songs in Melee, btw.
I actually didn't know the reduce text size shortcuts, thanks  ::) That is(was) the biggest pain in my opinion.
Your constructive feedback was most valued - i've taken care of it.
I'm sorry bud, I didn't understand what you meant with "both f", "mps" or "a p". I AM an amateur with music (been here for 3 moths), so if these are some kinda musical terms I have no idea what they mean.. :) Wanna try to explain?
BTW, seems like it'll be a while before i get a chance to work on SBM3 again - maybe over the weekend, so please don't expect anything from me before that :)
And I know nobody care, but I must say; I love this song!
QuoteAnd sorry to be annoying, but...  :P
If you read my last reply, you'll see that I actually already replied to your last last reply - AND fixed my stuff :)
Birdo for Smash

Clanker37

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PMYour constructive feedback was most valued - i've taken care of it.
I'm sorry bud, I didn't understand what you meant with "both f", "mps" or "a p". I AM an amateur with music (been here for 3 moths), so if these are some kinda musical terms I have no idea what they mean.. :) Wanna try to explain?
Mp, F and P are all volume markers. They tell the musician at what volume to preform. So basically it goes on the lines of this:

FF = Fortissimo = Very Loud
F = Forte = Loud
Mf = Modertly Loud
Mp = Modertly Soft
P = Piano = Soft
PP = Pianissimo = Very Soft

It goes further than that, with Finale only going up to Four F's or P's each, but I don't know what FFFF is called in Italian so :P . There's also others like SFZ which like crazy loud or something. I don't know it so I can't be sure :/ So what WarioMan means is:
Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 01:06:03 PMAnd also, the part when the World 1 music starts I think it should be both Loud instead of Moderetly Soft, and then when it finishes yes, Soft.
Hope that helped!

Jompa

Quote from: Clanker37 on July 19, 2012, 06:21:24 PMMp, F and P are all volume markers. They tell the musician at what volume to preform. So basically it goes on the lines of this:

FF = Fortissimo = Very Loud
F = Forte = Loud
Mf = Modertly Loud
Mp = Modertly Soft
P = Piano = Soft
PP = Pianissimo = Very Soft
Of course!! I am stupid.. -.- HAh I thought they were some kinda crazy piano terms, and I'm not good with that stuff. Thanks Clanker - I have no idea how I didin't get this. It was so obvious ::)
QuoteIt goes further than that, with Finale only going up to Four F's or P's each, but I don't know what FFFF is called in Italian so :P .
FFFF = Fortissississimo = Ludicrously Loud
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PMI actually didn't know the reduce text size shortcuts, thanks  ::) That is(was) the biggest pain in my opinion.

Sorry, did I say '+/-'? I meant './,'.

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PMYour constructive feedback was most valued - i've taken care of it.

Nice! Glad I could help. Anyways, I'd leave the D-G chord with it's accent instead of the G-B-D glissando chord on that second layer.

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PMBTW, seems like it'll be a while before i get a chance to work on SBM3 again - maybe over the weekend, so please don't expect anything from me before that :)

As I've already said, you don't need to hurry. You've done a lot more than I expected.  :)

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PMYou'll see that I actually already replied to your last last reply - AND fixed my stuff :)

There, now it's 100% perfect.  ;)

Jompa

Added "Super Mario Bros. 3" (duet version) from Super Smash Bros. Melee :)
Gonna add a solo version soon.
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Well I'm lazy and didn't look for the correct notes on FoD :-X If it's going to be submitted though the uploaders will be better at it anyhow.

I like the Super Mario Bros duet
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012