Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

That's what you intended to do, sure, but you can't call it a transcription if it's not accurate to the original (I listened to the original and maintain my suggestions). If you want to make a remix of the song then do as you please, but I don't think an arrangement with blatantly wrong altered notes will be accepted as a replacement.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jompa

Quote from: spitllama on July 15, 2012, 04:53:51 PMThat's what you intended to do, sure, but you can't call it a transcription if it's not accurate to the original (I listened to the original and maintain my suggestions). If you want to make a remix of the song then do as you please, but I don't think an arrangement with blatantly wrong altered notes will be accepted as a replacement.

Please keep in mind that my overall english is abit 'bad':
When I say "that's what I intendet to do" then I mean that's how I hear the original, and that's how I would like to transcribe-, arrange- and play-it.
I'm not sure what your last reply was about but if you are talking about the bottom chords at page 2:
The pizzicato strings in te original aren't playing the full chords, just the melody, but the chords are still there, in the feeling kinda. The melody is the same as the melody at te beginning (measure #10), but the chords are different - in the arrangement I included the chords with the melody - and those are the chords as I hear them in the original - if you would like to suggest different chords please, I want to hear them, but I maintain my suggestions for now, unless someone convinces me otherwise.
If you are talking about the f maj7 chords:
I don't see what's wrong with the maj7 chords. There are shitloads of maj7 chords throughout this arrangement (especially page2), there's even a couple of m9 chords! That's how I hear the original - which is why I intended to write it like this (as goes for the chords at bottom page2).
But again, if you would like to suggest other chords, please do. Otherwise I won't be able to take your criticism to concideration.
By the way, I haven't looked at the arrangement on the site closely, but if you're comparing mine with that one then it's quite possible the differences are plentiful, but I'll still maintain my suggestion in my arrangement - (example: an Eb chord in the other arrangement might be a Cm9 in mine...)
You're saying it's not an accurate transcription, that it has wrong/altered notes and that it would count as a remix instead of a transcription, but I must disagree with you. I allways try to transcribe accurate when it comes to chords and overall feeling and of course melody, I wouldn't dream of changing any of the notes; I write the way I hear things and try to bring to ear that "feeling" I get from the chords (example: chords at bottom page2).
As long as I haven't altered the song on purpose (and in a case, just made some mistakes) this counts as a transcription, an arrangement, and Not a remix.

It's the darn clarinet/oboe solo I'm unsure about (left hand, bottom page2).
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Added "Driftveil City" for concert band. Awesome song, BW's best!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

I've just seen your "Fountain of Dreams" arrangement. Sounds awesome! :D
And you couldn't arrange it at a better time, since I'm replaying Melee right now.

So yah, that's pretty much what I wanted to say.  :)

Cobraroll

Driftveil City is awesome. As is Fountain of Dreams.

And you've been here for three months, and I haven't realised that you're from Norway! Unnskyld!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

FSM-Reapr

Yay, more Scandinavians!
I liked the Fountain of Dreams. A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 17, 2012, 01:39:47 PMI've just seen your "Fountain of Dreams" arrangement. Sounds awesome! :D
And you couldn't arrange it at a better time, since I'm replaying Melee right now.
Thank you. Melee is awesome! Me and some of my friends always play it when we're at my place - Best party game ever! :)
Quote from: Cobraroll on July 17, 2012, 01:48:52 PMDriftveil City is awesome. As is Fountain of Dreams.

And you've been here for three months, and I haven't realised that you're from Norway! Unnskyld!
Norsk? Takk btw
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 17, 2012, 02:19:33 PMYay, more Scandinavians!
I liked the Fountain of Dreams. A-W-E-S-O-M-E
Arvostan Thanx
Scandinavians rock!

Next up - some Sly Cooper music, I hope - as long as I don't loose focus and start arrange Pokémon again... God, it's so addictive.. Gotta start working on the Stage Medley again too, soon !
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Jompa on July 18, 2012, 05:54:10 AMMelee is awesome! Me and some of my friends always play it when we're at my place - Best party game ever!

We usually play Brawl or Mario Party 4.  :D

Jompa

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 18, 2012, 06:24:59 AMWe usually play Brawl or Mario Party 4.  :D
I feel kinda ashamed to say that I've never played Brawl, and I only owned some Mario Party game for my Gamecube, don't even remember which one :( But hey, Melee is my childhood, literally! Nothing will ever top Melee in my opinion, you'd have to open up my cranium and lobotomize me first!   ;)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I lost focus, sorry, it's Pokémon again... This time Gold, Silver & Crystal's "National Park" for two pianos. I love this song so much, so I had to arrange it, but there was already a solo version up, so I made a duet version. :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

By the way, I was wondering if you're still in the mood to do one more song from Melee. It's the Super Mario Bros. 3 theme.
I found a youtube video that maybe can help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFgayvRTYRU

The song starts at 4:13.
And I don't mind whether you want to do it a duet like in the video or a solo, but preferably a solo.  :)

And I know that nobody cares, but I've just cleared all 51 event matches, unlocked all stages and the last character I hadn't unlocked, Mr. Game & Watch. Jigglypuff is GOD at event match 51!

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 06:23:00 AMBy the way, I was wondering if you're still in the mood to do one more song from Melee. It's the Super Mario Bros. 3 theme.
I found a youtube video that maybe can help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFgayvRTYRU

The song starts at 4:13.
And I don't mind whether you want to do it a duet like in the video or a solo, but preferably a solo.  :)
Funny you'd mention it - About 5 minutes before I saw your reply I actually started arranging it for two pianos. But since you'd prefer a solo, I'll make both. Funny about the link as well, cause I was planning on getting help from that video, if I need any..
Sorry but It might be a couple of days before I'll get a chance to do very much, but I won't keep you waiting for long!:)
Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 06:23:00 AMJigglypuff is GOD at event match 51!
Totally!:) I don't even think it's possible to beat event match 51 without Jigglypuff - I almost did it with Bowser(normal size), but I've come to the conclusion that Jigglypuff's downward-B-move is the only thing that works, really :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 06:42:37 AMFunny you'd mention it - About 5 minutes before I saw your reply I actually started arranging it for two pianos. But since you'd prefer a solo, I'll make both. Funny about the link as well, cause I was planning on getting help from that video, if I need any..
Sorry but It might be a couple of days before I'll get a chance to do very much, but I won't keep you waiting for long!:)

Take your time! Even if you don't do it in 10 days or more it's ok. I can wait, and I don't want to rush you either.  :)
And National Park is sweet! Only one thing, that right hand of measures 14, 15, 18 and 19 should be an octave higher. Oh, and you forgot to put Junichi Masuda as a composer too. Also, you should put the title and composer in bold and the copyright in plain. Only because that's what the sacred Formatting Guidelines say.

Quote from: Jompa on July 19, 2012, 06:42:37 AMTotally!:) I don't even think it's possible to beat event match 51 without Jigglypuff - I almost did it with Bowser(normal size), but I've come to the conclusion that Jigglypuff's downward-B-move is the only thing that works, really :)

Agreed, but of course there's always someone who can do it without stock loss and without Jigglypuff...  :P

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 07:03:37 AMTake your time! Even if you don't do it in 10 days or more it's ok. I can wait, and I don't want to rush you either.  :)
And National Park is sweet!
I MIGHT actually do it today (no guaranties), but then it probably won't be the final product - as you may have noticed, I like using hidden tracks in my songs which may take a while with this one - and no, I won't exclude them this time either :)
Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 19, 2012, 07:03:37 AMAgreed, but of course there's always someone who can do it without stock loss and without Jigglypuff...  :P
...some people are just...
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Would YOU prefer it as a 12/8 or a 4/4 with swing eights? :)
Birdo for Smash