Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on June 12, 2012, 04:08:11 AMAdded "Star Base" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time :)
which other ones are you working on? I was planning on eventually arranging every song from this game.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jompa

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 12, 2012, 11:59:01 AMwhich other ones are you working on? I was planning on eventually arranging every song from this game.
Sorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately I'm not working on anything from this particular game, nor do I plan to. Though I do think it's really cool your planning on arranging every song from the game! If you are making a series of these songs or a medley or something, feel free to use my arrangement as you wish. And if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know! :)
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on June 12, 2012, 01:58:45 PMSorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately I'm not working on anything from this particular game, nor do I plan to.
Good because I don't share :P.

Quote from: Jompa on June 12, 2012, 01:58:45 PMThough I do think it's really cool your planning on arranging every song from the game! If you are making a series of these songs or a medley or something, feel free to use my arrangement as you wish. And if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know! :)

I don't know what I'm going to do for that song now.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jompa

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 12, 2012, 02:02:52 PMI don't know what I'm going to do for that song now.
Why not just make your own arrangement? Or a duet or something. I don't want to be in your way, so if necessary I can just hand You the song?
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Added "Gangplank Galleon" from Donkey Kong Land  :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM(Messy duet version which is kinda bad) MUS

Not at all! I think it's very nice!  :)

Nice arrangements, I always loved this song.

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on June 22, 2012, 08:41:12 AMNot at all! I think it's very nice! :) Nice arrangements, I always loved this song.
Thanks!  :)
Well, I guess it's not bad, but the solo version turned out much better, though not as playable.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I'm working on a stage medley from Kirby Super Star, written by Tadashi Ikegami. It's not finished yet, but it may be a while before I get a chance to work on it again, so I'm putting it up here. Have a look, tell me what you think of it so far. :)
Stage Medley ~ MUS ~ ORIGINAL
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Added "Aspertia City" from Pokémon Black 2 & White 2.
Though it is a 5th gen game, I really like the music this time!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 03, 2012, 12:07:22 PMAdded "Aspertia City" from Pokémon Black 2 & White 2.
Though it is a 5th gen game, I really like the music this time!

*applause* I love it! Your arrangements are so original!  :D
Also, you don't like 5th gen games? Why?  :(

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 03, 2012, 12:20:33 PM*applause* I love it! Your arrangements are so original!  :D
Also, you don't like 5th gen games? Why?  :(
Thanks alot, Your comment made my day! :)
It's a bit of an exaggeration to say I dislike the 5th gen games, really, I do like them, It's just I don't feel like I'm playing Pokémon when I'm playing the later games - I grew up with 1st gen, so I'm kinda like a naggy old man when it comes to Pokémon.
All of the Pokémon games are awesome!! 5th gen too!! Looking forward to start playing Black 2!! :)
Thanks again for your comment! :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 03, 2012, 12:52:25 PMThanks alot, Your comment made my day! :)
It's a bit of an exaggeration to say I dislike the 5th gen games, really, I do like them, It's just I don't feel like I'm playing Pokémon when I'm playing the later games - I grew up with 1st gen, so I'm kinda like a naggy old man when it comes to Pokémon.
All of the Pokémon games are awesome!! 5th gen too!! Looking forward to start playing Black 2!! :)
Thanks again for your comment! :)

I kinda feel like that too. I remind myself while playing BW that I'm just playing Pokemon but with a different style.
Anyways, I'm also very excited for BW2 ! BW2 looks awesome and way better than BW in my opinion. When I read all the World Championship thing, I had the feeling I was in front of something big. Now I just need some Team Rocket besides Giovanni to really think it'll be perfect!
You're welcome, by the way.  :)

Jompa

Added concert band version of "Aspertia City", and "Fountain of Dreams" from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Gotta start working on the Kirby Stage Medley again soon...
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Fountain of Dreams:

I can't listen to the original right now but here's what I heard-

M 28 & 36: Check the accuracy of the right hand.

M 26-37: The trills are only in the audio. They're not on the sheet.

M 64: Can't really tell which voice is wrong, but it sounds all over the place. I think it's the right hand.

This one is much more playable than the one on site.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jompa

Quote from: spitllama on July 15, 2012, 10:02:19 AMFountain of Dreams:

I can't listen to the original right now but here's what I heard-
Please come back to me when you do, :) Cause I need some criticism!

QuoteM 28 & 36: Check the accuracy of the right hand.
You're talking about the F maj7 chord: That's actually what I intended to do, so yeah...

QuoteM 26-37: The trills are only in the audio. They're not on the sheet.
I know - I figured the offbeat chords were more important than the trills, but I decided to keep them inn, just hidden away

QuoteM 64: Can't really tell which voice is wrong, but it sounds all over the place. I think it's the right hand.
Thrust me, It's Exactly what I tried to do:
Cm7  -  G7   -I- Fm7(b5)  -   G7   -  Ebmaj7 - Em7(b5) -I-  Cm
eight - eight -I-   fourth   - fourth -   fourth  -  fourth   -I- fourth

QuoteThis one is much more playable than the one on site.

I appreciate your criticism, and you did come up with some important stuff to criticize me for, but I think I told you off on everything, Thanks though, really!

Something someone could criticize me for would be the clarinet/oboe solo at the bottom of the second page. I've noticed I'm pretty bad when it comes to transcribing stuff that goes very fast - just my patience and focus hating me, nothing bad with my aural skills or anything, but chances are that the mistakes are plentiful, so if anyone has anything to say; please.
Birdo for Smash