Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Sorry Waddle,
I'll let you handle the next person who needs asistance c:
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on January 26, 2013, 03:32:37 PMSmooth-jazz/slow-boogie remix of the classic, Pallet Town.
Not really a submission, but it's going up there

Pokémon Red, Blue & Yellow:
"Pallet Jazz"
MUS
PDF
MP3

:)
I would recommend using quarter note tempo instead of half note tempo.

Also, dat bass. I PDF'd the bass part and made an mp3 sans bass and will be learning it.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jompa

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 28, 2013, 04:39:14 PMI would recommend using quarter note tempo instead of half note tempo.

Also, dat bass. I PDF'd the bass part and made an mp3 sans bass and will be learning it.
Actually I was first thinking about notating it double as fast (yu know, the start of the melody is quarters, but I wanted to notate eights) - so if I had done that the tempo mark would've been "quarter = 60", but that made it hard to make it swing, because Finale's sixteenth-swing absolutely sucks, so I doubled every note value, and just changed the quarter in the tempo marking to a half note, to save time iguess :P But I wouldn't say it is such a bad thing, I mean: if I wanted to notate double as fast, that means I counted on every other beat (according to my arrangement) which means notating in alla breve (and with the "half note"-tempo mark) really wasn't a bad idea - tho, I do realize I didn't really write it in alla breve, but that was only because swing doesn't work on the eights if I do that -> they work on the quarters, and that SUCKS
Glad you liked the bass., cool!
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on January 29, 2013, 12:41:59 PMActually I was first thinking about notating it double as fast (yu know, the start of the melody is quarters, but I wanted to notate eights) - so if I had done that the tempo mark would've been "quarter = 60", but that made it hard to make it swing, because Finale's sixteenth-swing absolutely sucks, so I doubled every note value, and just changed the quarter in the tempo marking to a half note, to save time iguess :P But I wouldn't say it is such a bad thing, I mean: if I wanted to notate double as fast, that means I counted on every other beat (according to my arrangement) which means notating in alla breve (and with the "half note"-tempo mark) really wasn't a bad idea - tho, I do realize I didn't really write it in alla breve, but that was only because swing doesn't work on the eights if I do that -> they work on the quarters, and that SUCKS
Glad you liked the bass., cool!
What? @.@

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Finally took a listen to this, and wow. It's beautiful! It sounds like perfect music to listen to on a breezy spring afternoon.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on January 29, 2013, 01:25:08 PMFinally took a listen to this, and wow. It's beautiful! It sounds like perfect music to listen to on a breezy spring afternoon.
Well thank you Nebbles!

And Shado, I am not gonna bother, I'm too busy atm, besides I think it should be like that..
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on January 29, 2013, 02:14:58 PMWell thank you Nebbles!

And Shado, I am not gonna bother, I'm too busy atm, besides I think it should be like that..
*pacefalm*
fine have it your way.

FSM-Reapr

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

Sounds great... But as far as matching the original... Well, yeah. You might have to redo it.

But as far as jazz improvisation goes.... It's fantastic!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

I didn't plan on submitting it, so I'll go for the jazz improvisation thing c: And thanks
Birdo for Smash