News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Hi Jompa! Your compositions are great! I was just too lazy to comment, but I love the fact that you put as much detail into the pieces as well (those little details make me smile  :) ). Oh, and are you planning to do Route 203? I think it'll sound awesome if you arranged it.

Dudeman

Quote from: Jompa on August 16, 2012, 03:22:41 AMAdded replacemenr for SSBM's "Flat Zone" :)
Wow! It's pretty good for a piece with almost no music in it! :P Loved the ending as well.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Jompa

Quote from: MoboMoga on August 16, 2012, 10:20:31 AMHi Jompa! Your compositions are great! I was just too lazy to comment, but I love the fact that you put as much detail into the pieces as well (those little details make me smile  :) ). Oh, and are you planning to do Route 203? I think it'll sound awesome if you arranged it.
Thanks alot, I'm flattered you notice that kinda stuff :)
!!!!!And thanks for reminding meeee!!!!!! It's the best song from DPP!! I totally forgot I listed it, so thanks you reminded me! I'll get to it as soon as I get a good chance for arranging :D
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2012, 11:09:50 AMWow! It's pretty good for a piece with almost no music in it! :P Loved the ending as well.
lol thank you. Really I only took the one on the site and edited the hell out of it, but it was actually some of a tough job. Thanks :)
Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Quote from: Jompa on August 16, 2012, 12:29:30 PMThanks alot, I'm flattered you notice that kinda stuff :)
!!!!!And thanks for reminding meeee!!!!!! It's the best song from DPP!! I totally forgot I listed it, so thanks you reminded me! I'll get to it as soon as I get a good chance for arranging :Dlol thank you. Really I only took the one on the site and edited the hell out of it, but it was actually some of a tough job. Thanks :)

yupp, that's always the FIRST thing I look at, how much detail they put into it. Which is why it breaks my heart when I have to write solos because I believe every part is crucial, so the fact that I have to take some out..breaks my HEART!!  :'(

..jk bout the last part, but really, it saddens me kinda.

Jompa

Added "Route 203" from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum.
This song is so great, it puts my arrangement to shame! Really - this is a song i've had stuck in my head since 2007, it's soo awesome! no cool ending this time though :P
Route 203 ~ duet version
MUS
MIDI
PDF
Route 203 ~ solo version
MUS
MIDI
PDF

Also check out my and MoboMoga's collaboration of "Join Avenue - Greeting!" (can I call it collaboration? It's mainly his arr. I just edited the hell outa it)! :)
Join Avenue - Greeting!
MUS
MIDI
PDF
Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Your Route 203's so awesome! You've captured the feel of it, especially the intro! Great job!

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Hi all.
When I applied to my high school, I had to audition with my main instrument; the tenor sax.
I decided I wanted to play the day & night versions of route 228 (in the same key signature tho), so I arranged myself a ten sax version of it, and composed a backing track. Since I haven't been arranging too much lately, I decided to add this (somewhat old) arrangement! It's not really a submission, but I want people to be able to see it - please don't get mad at me. :)

Route 228
MUS
PDF
Remix

The performance went splendid! Though I didn't get to use the backing track - Hence I had to improvise an ending.
I went with "Day" at the first repeat, and "Night" at the second.

This is totally playable for all saxophones.
Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Sounds great!! I love how you combined day and night...although, i guess it already was in the first place lol.

But just a few things:
-Measure 8's day's notes should be different, rhythm wise (sorry not familiar with 12/8). This also counts for 37.

Otherwise, it's beautiful. Another great accomplishment.  ;)

Jompa

Measure 8 & 37:
That's actually the way it's supposed to be :) it's tuplets. I'll admit I noted it in a bit of a dodgy way in measure 8, but it's right.
Also, if you'r not familiar with 12/8, I recommend you learn it - I love it! I think I'm more comfortable reading in 12/8 than 4/4 with swing :) This goes for 9/8 as well.
And, thank you! You're flattering me:)
Maybe I'll do the PokéCenter at night theme - I really don't have time to arrange anymore, but I really want to!!!
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FSM-Reapr

Jompa

Thanks people :)
I guess I'll do the PokeCenter Night now - it's just - It wont be ready for a while :( I hate not having time to arrange :(
Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Quote from: Jompa on September 01, 2012, 01:43:44 PMThanks people :)
I guess I'll do the PokeCenter Night now - it's just - It wont be ready for a while :( I hate not having time to arrange :(

YAAAAA!! (having major spasm at the thought of your next piece..which is one of my fav :3)