News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

People playing Bespinben's arrangements!

Started by Bespinben, April 19, 2012, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

This is pretty much going to be your standard "So-and-so Plays Piano" thread, except that, not only will it include me playing my own arrangements, but also other people playing my arrangements.

Let's start off with this person's slightly slower tempo rendition of my Pokémon Mystery Dungeon "Sky Tower" piano duet:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

I'll be on this page one day :D I promise to learn your arrangements one day.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

spitllama

How awesome would it be to have a parent who 1) knows how to play piano well, but 2) also wants to play video game duets with you! ;D
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

I've been told by SlowPokemon once that my arrangement of N's Farewell looks very complex, at least when you compare it to Hugomeister's arrangement. Well, today, I happened to come across someone who played my arrangement, which just goes to show that it is indeed playable.

spitllama

I play your arrangement of that song at least once a day. It's playable xD
Submissions Page

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on June 06, 2012, 03:07:41 PMI play your arrangement of that song at least once a day. It's playable xD
Yaaaay!!!

I've been very worried about that aspect of my arrangements ever since Clanker said:
Quote from: Clanker37 on April 10, 2012, 08:04:20 AMall though I love the accuracy, why does the person have to be an octopus to play most of your songs? :/

spitllama

Well on that note-

Y U MAKE TEMPORAL TOWER SO I HAVE TO CROSS HANDS?!? Seems unecessary.
Submissions Page

Bespinben

The crossing hands in Temporal Tower is actually VERY necessary. When I was making that arrangement back in December last year, I had mulled over, for quite a  long time, how to effectively incorporate most parts in that section of the song, and that's when I realized that crossing hands would be the perfect solution, since the last note of the bell part and the first note of the "vibraphone-y, wind-chimey" instrument are very far apart.
I've actually been trying to learn my arrangement of Temporal Tower myself, and I find the crossing-hands section to be the easiest. The hard part is when, near the end of the arrangement, you're going to have to throw the 16th note organ run to the left hand.

Dusk

I play your arrangement of "Treeshroud Forest" for some weeks. Its difficult, but playable ;D. But you should write under the piece "con pedale". Than its easier to play and sounds better.
And I will play together with my piano teacher your arrangement of "Primal Dialga".

To "Temporal Tower":
I hate the part where I have to cross hands. It would be easier for me if I don't cross the hands and play all deep tones with the left hand and all sharp tunes with the right hand.
And I used your arrangement of that song to write a arrangement for a ensemble in which I play.
Quote from: Bespinben on June 06, 2012, 03:21:22 PMI've been very worried about that aspect of my arrangements ever since Clanker said:
Without your accuracy I could not have made this arrangement.
You should work only a little on the degree of difficulty of your pieces.
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Bespinben

Quote from: Dusk on June 09, 2012, 12:44:29 PMI play your arrangement of "Treeshroud Forest" for some weeks. Its difficult, but playable ;D. But you should write under the piece "con pedale". Than its easier to play and sounds better.

Wow, very nice! The trouble with that song is trying to bring out the melody while both of your hands are already busy with playing the music box run, but it sounds like you did that just fine ;)

Quote from: Dusk on June 09, 2012, 12:44:29 PMAnd I will play together with my piano teacher your arrangement of "Primal Dialga".

Good luck! Be warned, it is very "chord-y", if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Quote from: Dusk on June 09, 2012, 12:44:29 PMTo "Temporal Tower":
I hate the part where I have to cross hands. It would be easier for me if I don't cross the hands and play all deep tones with the left hand and all sharp tunes with the right hand.
And I used your arrangement of that song to write a arrangement for a ensemble in which I play.Without your accuracy I could not have made this arrangement.
You should work only a little on the degree of difficulty of your pieces.

*sigh* Once I finish learning the song, I will make a piano cover and put it on my Youtube channel, and maybe then all of you will see how crossing hands makes it so much easier.
Hey Dusk, instead of basing your ensemble arrangement off of my piano transcription, you should use my Temporal Tower MIDI file for reference. I say that because there were a few parts I simply couldn't put in my piano arrangement.

FireArrow

Quote from: Bespinben on June 09, 2012, 01:00:35 PM*sigh* Once I finish learning the song, I will make a piano cover and put it on my Youtube channel, and maybe then all of you will see how crossing hands makes it so much easier.

I'm trying (and failing) to learn this song, so it would be very nice if you did this sooner than later. =P
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bespinben

Heh, I didn't know you were a PMD fan! Welcome to the club :D

I will soon enough. I'm still building up muscle memory for the part on page 3 where you throw the 16th note organ run to the left hand. I've pretty much got the 2-octave wide B to B arpeggiation down though now ;)

Bespinben

Me playing my own arrangement of the File Select theme from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: spitllama on May 30, 2012, 02:27:22 PMHow awesome would it be to have a parent who 1) knows how to play piano well, but 2) also wants to play video game duets with you! ;D
Welcome to my world! My mom wants SOOOO bad to play anything with me...