TheZeldaPianist275's Arrangements (Super Mario Sunshine 7/5/2015)

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, April 09, 2012, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Thanks Zunawe!  Can I ask one more favor, actually two. 1) Can you put in the tempo as quarter=135, Grandioso 2) Can you give a starting dynamic of mp?  Thanks again, you're the best!

Zunawe

Fixed. I shrunk it a little to make it less crowded with the heading. It should be fine. If you have Notepad you should be able to put in dynamics. Just saying.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

*facepalm* Duh.  sorry about that.

Critiques, anyone else?

EDIT: Zunawe, did you put the tempo marking in?

spitllama

I was listening to your arrangements for fun and noticed a couple things. Not meant to be comprehensive-- just what was obvious to me at the time.

The Fairy Queen
On measures 6, 10 and the like, do you hear the 4 notes on the second and third beat (of the original)? I think those would really add to the arrangement if you included them.

Beedle's Shop
Needs more staccato in the melody.

Isle of Songs
Measure 20-- flip the stems so they don't overlap (use selection tool and push the L key)
Measure 28-- might wanna check accuracy on that right hand
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

TheZeldaPianist275

Thanks Spit.  Is it possible to save a file as a PDF in NotePad?

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 08, 2013, 05:33:30 AM*facepalm* Duh.  sorry about that.

Critiques, anyone else?

EDIT: Zunawe, did you put the tempo marking in?
I may have accidentally saved the wrong version over the right one. Sorry. I'll fix it in a little while.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

I program things

Wolf

The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

TheZeldaPianist275

It's been a long time!  Git over here Blueflower!  I present you all with

Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

from Super Smash Bros. Brawl!  Critiques would be greatly appreciated, everyone always seems to avoid my page.  Also, the xml transfer was once again limited by NotePad, so if anyone wants to make my day and tidy it up, that'd be great!  Thanks!

Jompa

That is very good!

My critique is that you should tidy up the notation from 27 to 51 - and by that I mean, you should assign a "swing"-expression (and do the necessary magic to make everything go as you want it regarding the playback), and then remove all the ugly "-3-"-things at every couple of notes (of course, that doesn't affect triplets..).
^I would definitely do it for you if I could!!!!
But I can't open this file in my PrintMusic 2009, and NotePad 2012 doesn't have that "necessary magic" to make the playback go flawlessly, so I can't :-\
^I'll also add that nothing you have done is wrong, not at all - this is totally correct. BUT, there is another way to do it that isn't absolutely crap to read. And that is by simply stating "swing", and that's enough.

And then there is that about how one measure suddenly takes up an entire system. I know that's not your fault, and that it is the xml transfer...
I don't even know why I'm pointing this out, you obviously already know ;)
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

Oh gosh, that one measure is so annoying.

And I would have done the swing.  I'm not sure I can with NotePad.  Anyone know for sure?  Lemme fiddle around with it a little....

Dudeman

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 28, 2013, 04:23:48 PMOh gosh, that one measure is so annoying.
I found that if you do some trial-and-error in MuseScore with the "line break" symbol-thing in the "breaks and spacer" toolbar, you can fix most measure size problems. You just have to find the right spot to make a new line.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Dudeman on March 28, 2013, 04:27:19 PMI found that if you do some trial-and-error in MuseScore with the "line break" symbol-thing in the "breaks and spacer" toolbar, you can fix most measure size problems. You just have to find the right spot to make a new line.

You do realize it's the MUS file, right?  Not the MSCZ.