News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

What 3DS games do you recommend?

Started by jxjxjx, March 29, 2012, 02:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 3DS game Mario game is the best?

Super Mario 3d land
6 (23.1%)
Mariokart 7
6 (23.1%)
Luigi's mansion 2 (not released yet)
3 (11.5%)
Paper Mario 3D (not released yet)
2 (7.7%)
Games that are not related to Mario (please post game on this thread)
4 (15.4%)
Pokemon black(2) and white (2)
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Wiiplayer26

If you like RPGs I'd highly recommend Tales of the Abyss. OoT is also an excellent game that's definitely worth playing, especially if you never played it on the N64.

jxjxjx

I have just placed pokemon black 2 and white 2 on the poll! (update)

Cobraroll

B2W2 are neither Mario games nor for the 3DS...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SALT1NE

I've played Super Mario 3D Land and it's really good. It's an easy game, (and I'm 11) but it has a lot of replay value. I highly recommend it.

Wrydryn

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Sequel to 999, which was an amazing game. I highly suggest you check out 999 for DS just to get an idea of what this new one will be like.

Olimar12345

I just have to reiterate-Only two of those games up there are currently released in all regions. So how can one recommend a game they haven't played? Who's to say that this isn't the sequel that will suck?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pit0010

i particularly liked super mario in 3d land.

also kid icarus uprising.

also keep an eye out for animal crossing maybe :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

DonValentino

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 09, 2012, 04:42:01 AMB2W2 are neither Mario games nor for the 3DS...

This. Also, it's a bit difficult to say if a game is good if it's not out yet. But yes, all of those on the list, and I'd add Animal Crossing, and maybe Fire Emblem Awakening.

jxjxjx

Quote from: Cobraroll on April 09, 2012, 04:42:01 AMB2W2 are neither Mario games nor for the 3DS...
I know, but ds games can be played on the 3ds, right?

Shadoninja

Quote from: jxjxjx on April 20, 2012, 10:45:01 PMI know, but ds games can be played on the 3ds, right?
yes, but that does not make them
Quote"What 3DS games do you recommend?"
QuoteWhich 3DS game Mario game is the best?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Alakazam

Mario is my favorite franchise and yet I still haven't bought Mario 3D land. I'm probably just waiting to buy it cheaper since I don't have too much money.

Olimar12345

Unless you buy it used or online I doubt it will drop in price anytime soon.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Yeah you'll probably have to get it used if you want it at a cheaper price (and really for four or five dollars it's probably just as worth it to buy it new). Amazon's price is a couple dollars cheaper than the list price right now, at $37.99 rather than $39.99, so if you get free shipping I'd recommend buying it there. It's true that some games decline in price over time, but I think that since it's a Mario title, and 7/8-year old games from the same series, like New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 DS, are still pretty near their original list prices, there's not much chance it'll go down anytime soon.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fabbemannen

I only got 3D Land, OoT3D and MK7 (and 4 swords, but I don't count that, you can't buy it now anyhow)

I got a little disappointed in both 3DL and MK7. Both are really good games, but it's not what I was expecting. 3D Land even made me bored, it just didn't feel as funny as SMG1/2 which it obviously got the same type of gameplay as. I also felt that there was basically the same power-ups the whole game, the fireflower and the Tanooki-leaf (Boomerang-suit once in awhile too)

MK7 is a really great game though, but I feel it's lacking stuff. They could have done way more with the game, which they didn't. You can't even select a track to race on without choosing a GP in singleplayer, and the Tanooki-leaf is probably the worst item so far in the MK-series (I'm normally in front, and there's basically no defense from it, unless you wanna spam the button and get thrown into every single wall when a turn comes + it lasts way too long when I want an useful item instead)

OoT3D is solid ofc, what you expect it to be from the original, but better.

Else, I would probably recommend Cave Story 3D (I know it's good without even playing that version, the original was so epic) and maybe Kid Icarus. People seem to enjoy it a lot (I wanna test it, I'm not a shoot 'em up-fan really, but the land-stages and multiplayer looks fun)

I can't give recommendations of games that aren't out yet. Even though a lot of great games are coming out soon