News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

New Games You Want Made

Started by ChrisLeeFan1118, March 28, 2012, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

I'd be completely fine with a Sunshine sequel if they overhauled the physics. The glitches in the original are just...hoo boy.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

Sunshine is still the most fun Mario game just to screw around in.

See: My extensive and mind breaking LP.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 15, 2015, 08:34:03 AMSunshine is still the most fun Mario game just to screw around in.

See: My extensive and mind breaking LP.
What about Super Mario 64? D:

MaestroUGC

You can break more rules in Sunshine than 64.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 15, 2015, 08:13:39 AMYou guys will probably hate me for this, but Super Mario Sunshine 2 ALL THE WAY!!!!
actually I've wanted a real sunshine sequel ever since SMG2
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Warcraft 4 where are you? cmon blizzard.
also Croc 3 would nice. Could imagine that kind of game for the Wii U.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

controller looks good, but they're talking about big money and it scares me
unmotivated

Altissimo

NO NO NO NO NO

It's just a rebranded version of this. I've been reading the thread nonstop for the past two days. It was a terrific trainwreck.

Not to mention it's using Atari Jaguar shells, and that controller is literally just a repurposed third-party Wii U controller. They haven't shown anything except console shells yet. As far as I can tell, they STILL have not even produced a prototype of the console! These are only repurposed shells from other video game ventures.

The whole thread is basically a "what not to do" in retro marketing/creation. If you don't want to read 183 and counting pages of it, basically the people who created it - seemed to have a good intention and not be scamming, but they never showed protoypes, upped the price after saying they wouldn't (to $350 no less), had some very questionable design ideas (Q. If this console is supposed to be cart-based, how will you deal with bugs, patching, etc.? You can't do digital patching. A. "We will instruct the developers to deliver bug-free games. Simple as that." (actual quote, maybe only slightly paraphrased but not enough to change the meaning at all, and the last sentence is indeed verbatim)), moved from Kickstarter for the campaign to Indiegogo (which got 4% of the $2mil they wanted, mind), because Kickstarter requires protos and they didn't have one, and managed to alienate a developer of what was supposed to be a release title - as well as alienating, separately, the guy creating the system's CORE.

Speaking of the core, that's relevant. The system was initially branded as a way to play classic games (8-32 bit, afaik) in addition to cart ports of newer, retro-styled games (Shovel Knight et al). This was possible through the use of an FPGA core. Idk what the hell that means, but without it, emulation of classic games on this system becomes either unlikely/difficult or impossible. They announced that they weren't including the FPGA core unless they got an extra million and a half on the crowdfunding campaign. So... what does the system do? Plays cart ports of stuff like Shovel Knight and other retro-style games - but the system is $350 and where's the audience? If you're doing retro style games on carts, why don't you just code homebrew for NES/SNES etc? Why would you want to code retro for a specifically modern console? We don't know. I'm not sure the people at AtariAge ever found out. I don't know how different this Coleco foray is - but this is literally the exact same system + controller (which never got a proto or a core) as the RetroVGS was to be. As far as I know, the Coleco name + brand is held by someone with no affiliation with the actual Coleco of old. They don't care about the Coleco brand and will slap the name on anything that might be money making. At least, that's what this post on the subject implies.

If I were you, I'd be hella skeptical of this! If you're interested, I mean it could be interesting if they actually finally get their shit together, but the history of the thing is reaaaaaal sketchy. (Who buys console molds before creating something to put in them... much less Jaguar molds...? This was the FIRST thing that happened. Imagine if a car company created a car design before putting the electronics in it - or worse, took an old car shell and then decided to retrofit everything into it. Does that sound smart to anyone else...?

[edit: a shorter explanation on the retroVGS]

mastersuperfan

Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel.

But the game itself said it'd take about 25 years... D:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

I still want a DPP Pokemon remake
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

Lol you can literally pop DPP in your 3ds no problem.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated