News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Blueflower's Gaming Blog and Reviews

Started by blueflower999, March 27, 2012, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Ace Attorney lists should I do after ranking the cases?

Rank the characters (or top 10/20 characters)
4 (17.4%)
Rank the breakdowns
3 (13%)
Top 10/20 songs
4 (17.4%)
Rank the villains/murderers
1 (4.3%)
Rank the character themes
2 (8.7%)
Don't do another Ace Attorney list
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

popo447

Not to turn your swamp into quicksand or anything, but have you considered doing an original StarCraft review? Man I love that game!
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Wolf

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 11, 2012, 06:50:18 PMAnd now, what you've all been waiting for,
Super Mario Galaxy:

Gameplay: 8/10 It's your typical Mario platformer, but in 3D, and with a twist. Imagine Mario 64 or Sunshine thrown in a blender with better graphics, beautiful and diverse environments, and, most of all, a gravity based system. It works out quite nicely, despite having a few annoying camera angles, this only happens from time to time, and is in no way as bad as some past 3D Mario games.

Addictiveness: 9/10 I've said it before, and I'll say it again. What I want from games is adventure. Mystery. Suspense. Not knowing what's around the corner. Not in a horror game type way, but in never knowing what stage or level you'll go to next. It's why I love Pikmin, and it's why I love this game, and why it got me hooked so quickly. The Galaxies are so diverse, with a few minor exceptions, that you'll never know what's coming up unless you use a walkthrough. It's not your typical 8 grass levels, 8 desert levels, 8 ice levels, 8 forest levels, etc. type game. It's like this: "Ooh, I'm in a rocky galaxy with some eggs and a giant sphere in the middle... Ooh! Now I'm in a beehive galaxy, and... Wow, now a lava and ice galaxy in one... Oh man, the floor disappears in this galaxy!"

Story: 5/10 Yes, yes, yes, it's your classic Mario story, but, this time, it suddenly feels more epic. More sincere. You'll think I'm crazy, and that's fine, but there's something different now that Bowser is taking over the entire universe, rather than just some small country that doesn't even exist.

Music: 10/10 The music is where this game really shines. My MP3 is slowly filling up with Mario Galaxy music. Buoy Base, Good Egg, Gusty Garden, Battlerock, Beach Bowl, Purple Coins, Space Junk, the final Bowser Battle, the song that plays when you're Flying Mario, Melty Molten, and the title theme, just to name a few. If you like video game music, like I do, you simply MUST play this game. This is literally the best soundtrack I've heard since MOTHER 3, which I played a year before Galaxy, so that's saying a lot.

Character Design: 5/10 Bowser's like he ever is, epic and scary, Bowser Jr. is still an annoying little brat, Mario doesn't talk very much, Luigi is hysterical, like he always is, and the Toads... are... surprisingly helpful. If you played Super Mario Bros. as a kid, (which I didn't, but hey) you'll remember the classic "You're Princess is in another castle" crap they give you SEVEN TIMES in the game. Well, not so much with this one. The toads are actually HELPFUL, by delivering mail from the princess, flying around in their own ship, etc. Rosalina, though, is definitely this game's most original character, because she has her own unique backstory. Some people didn't enjoy the story book scene, but I certainly did. I won't say what it is though, to avoid spoilers.

Humor: 6/10 Luigi is awesome in every game that he's in, but besides that, the dialogue was cute and charming for most of the game; Miyamoto's signature touch. Mario's "Thank you so much for playing my game!" after the credits made me lol.

Difficulty: 8/10 While a masterpiece of a game it may be, don't expect it to be a pushover. Remember, I'm rating this game based on its console. I'm not going to give an NES game 1/10 for music if it does have some catchy songs, but not many. Similarly, I'm not going to give every Wii game 2/10 for difficulty just because Wii games are no where near as hard as some NES games. Therefore, this game is incredibly tough for being a Wii game, but the sense of adventure and suspense just keeps pulling at you until you get all the stars.

Other Memorable Features: Being able to play as Luigi after you beat the game is a great feature that I'm glad they added. It takes forever to navigate the starship, but I enjoy it anyway because the music is great. Besides normal platforming, there's also a surfing game (which I hate), a ball rolling game (which I hate even more), and a game where Mario is in a bubble and you have to blow him around.

Overall: 10/10 The best Mario game that I've seen, ever. Period. Can't wait to get the sequel.
I agree the music is AWESOME!!!   
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Yugi

You know that you can snip down posts to just show an individual part of a post, rather than quoting the entire post and leaving us all confused on what you're talking about.

Also, blueflower, have you heard of a game called Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, it's a rather good game, and it's possibly one of the hardest Castlevania Games.

Google doesn't recognise Ecclesia as a word, WHY DO YOU NOT KNOW LATIN.

MaestroUGC

Becuase "Ecclesia" isn't Latin, it's Greek that's been Latinized
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

blueflower999

In honor of the Ear of Luigi, I'll be playing through Super Luigi Galaxy! Obviously I'm not going to review it again, but I thought it would be fun to play through one of my new favorite games of all time with slightly different controls and cutscenes.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dudeman

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 10, 2013, 10:24:24 AMIn honor of the Ear of Luigi...
What's so honorable about his ear?

Loljk, I love playing as Luigi!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 10, 2013, 10:24:24 AMIn honor of the Ear of Luigi, I'll be playing through Super Luigi Galaxy! Obviously I'm not going to review it again, but I thought it would be fun to play through one of my new favorite games of all time with slightly different controls and cutscenes.

That is one of the most hilarious typos I've ever seen.  Unless you did it on purpose.  I'd replay a game based on someone's ear too.

blueflower999

I did to it on purpose. Iwata isn't the best at pronouncing y's.  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 10, 2013, 11:42:40 AMI did to it on purpose. Iwata isn't the best at pronouncing y's.  ;)

I figured.

popo447

When is the next review coming? I'm so excited! ;D
Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

blueflower999

Quote from: popo447 on March 14, 2013, 10:37:40 AMWhen is the next review coming? I'm so excited! ;D
How can you be excited if you don't know what it's going to be? And have you read all the previous ones?  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999